ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Week 2

Lets see if I can reach some on perspective

1982 US Population about 232M

2020 US Population about 330M

Early 1983, MASH series finale airs and is watched by nearly 106M people in an era with no streaming, no devices, limited cable distribution and basically 3 over the air free channels to watch for primetime entertainment

When Sopranos had series finale on pay/subscriber base channel pre streaming had about 11 million watch

Game of Thrones in an era of stream, dvr, devices etc had overall consumption of 18 million in series finale

2004 Friends has series finale on network tv in the cable era, pre stream nearly 53 million watch

US population then around 293M.

There is nothing obscure or niche about it its industry metrics of measurement
so week 7 being up 20% from last year isnt obscure? YoY change for 1 week out of the year with no context is meaningless and certainly doesnt capture the macro trend. maybe last year was down 200%. maybe the matchup was better this year. maybe the weather was bad in big markets. ive spent a lot of my career finding BS data points to spin and thats what these networks are doing. and the funny thing is i have no if the public really cares.

I still insist SNF is going to have huge numbers in coming weeks

Thanksgiving are brutal daytime matchups this year

The TG NBC game should be well consumed....

Issue for FOX and CBS is if Pats and Bucs go south will the common fan still care to tune in?

You are back with these shenanigans yet again...masters not very good ratings, the golf clubs and golf bags were clearly virtue signaling too much

FYI TB CAR was a regional game it was not exclusive to blanket the country on all fox affiliates
Hey, I’m just linking the facts. Same site; same metrics; same format each week. What shenanigans Mr. Cherrypicker....Masters was over by 2 o’clock eastern time. Really no impact on the NFL.

Wow nfl is getting killed, had no idea the ratings were down this much. Game has changed with rule changes, almost no returns, seems like more penalties but I could be wrong. Throw in more commercials, plus the damage done by players getting political. Fans are tuning out at an alarming rate. Being a marketing guy their strategy is laughable. It will be interesting to see how many fans return to the stadiums when the pandemic is over. Rising ticket prices, parking, slower game, recipe for disaster at the gate. I was a season ticket holder for the yankees, rising prices forced me to leave, now I get offers all the time for inexpensive tickets as low as $5.00. Great marketing strategy annoy and take advantage of your fan base, when they leave spend advertising dollars to get them back at a fraction of the cost. Absolutely brilliant!

Wow nfl is getting killed, had no idea the ratings were down this much. Game has changed with rule changes, almost no returns, seems like more penalties but I could be wrong. Throw in more commercials, plus the damage done by players getting political. Fans are tuning out at an alarming rate. Being a marketing guy their strategy is laughable. It will be interesting to see how many fans return to the stadiums when the pandemic is over. Rising ticket prices, parking, slower game, recipe for disaster at the gate. I was a season ticket holder for the yankees, rising prices forced me to leave, now I get offers all the time for inexpensive tickets as low as $5.00. Great marketing strategy annoy and take advantage of your fan base, when they leave spend advertising dollars to get them back at a fraction of the cost. Absolutely brilliant!

Shall see if NCAA basketball gets crushed as well. I notice the Big east teams had the BLM patches on last night, really shameful. I will do my best to ignore the divisive message that promotes..

Shall see if NCAA basketball gets crushed as well. I notice the Big east teams had the BLM patches on last night, really shameful. I will do my best to ignore the divisive message that promotes..
Lmao, why cant you be tolerant of this? Accept the fact this is their social justice stance and there are many african-american student athletes across programs beyond the big east that feel a certain way about this

Last edited:
Lmao, why cant you be tolerant of this? Accept the fact this is their social justice stance and there are many african-american student athletes across programs beyond the big east that feel a certain way about this
Be tolerant? I’m guessing the man is a cop by his username. BLM wants his profession taken defunded and abolished. Yet none of these universities had defunded or abolished their own campus police. It’s all a show. I have no desire to watch the initials of a hypocritical political organization on our team’s uniform. It’s disgusting. I do believe Black Lives Matter every bit as much as white lives, yellow lives, and brown lives. If you want to promote that idea do it without using the name of an organization that is anti family, anti police, and in general anti authorities. It’s just as stupid as someone selling Hitler soda pop in Jerusalem. Probably wouldn’t be a big seller. But if you change the name to separate the message from the organization it wouldn’t be so bad. These are supposed to be brilliant minds at these universities. They should disassociate from the organization BLM or go all in and defund and abolish their campus police.

Be tolerant? I’m guessing the man is a cop by his username. BLM wants his profession taken defunded and abolished. Yet none of these universities had defunded or abolished their own campus police. It’s all a show. I have no desire to watch the initials of a hypocritical political organization on our team’s uniform. It’s disgusting. I do believe Black Lives Matter every bit as much as white lives, yellow lives, and brown lives. If you want to promote that idea do it without using the name of an organization that is anti family, anti police, and in general anti authorities. It’s just as stupid as someone selling Hitler soda pop in Jerusalem. Probably wouldn’t be a big seller. But if you change the name to separate the message from the organization it wouldn’t be so bad. These are supposed to be brilliant minds at these universities. They should disassociate from the organization BLM or go all in and defund and abolish their campus police.
No he said over the summer is was not affiliated with law enforcement unless he proves to be a liar...i dont understand the resistance in accepting Black Lives Matter as a fact but people here who are supposed supporters of seton hall athletics in which the last time i checked are made up of many non caucasians

No he said over the summer is was not affiliated with law enforcement unless he proves to be a liar...i dont understand the resistance in accepting Black Lives Matter as a fact but people here who are supposed supporters of seton hall athletics in which the last time i checked are made up of many non caucasians
You’re so simple minded if a group was called white lives matter and had ridiculous ideas, should I support it because seton hall also has Caucasian athletes. You’re trying to make a correlation that doesn’t have to be. If seton hall athletes support getting women drunk and taking advantage of them should I support that too? At what point am I allowed to think for myself? I can support our team and disagree with a political organization they like.

Based on this article seems defunding and abolishing the police is the number 1 goal of BLM and we’re proudly wearing that on our jerseys. Get rid of campus police. Fathers will hesitate to send their daughters to SHU. How many ball players want to be at a school with limited female population.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHallguy2
You’re so simple minded if a group was called white lives matter and had ridiculous ideas, should I support it because seton hall also has Caucasian athletes. You’re trying to make a correlation that doesn’t have to be. If seton hall athletes support getting women drunk and taking advantage of them should I support that too? At what point am I allowed to think for myself? I can support our team and disagree with a political organization they like.

Based on this article seems defunding and abolishing the police is the number 1 goal of BLM and we’re proudly wearing that on our jerseys. Get rid of campus police. Fathers will hesitate to send their daughters to SHU. How many ball players want to be at a school with limited female population.

First of all to my knowledge shu doesnt have campus police and relies on sopd when needed.

So it is not possible to advocate the blm movement while also supporting law enforcement executed in the proper matter?

the lives of black folks certainly matter. Everyone supports that. I and many others do not support the organization, which is political.

It's not difficult to understand.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Kansas wore a patch "United We Stand" I believe. I can get behind that. I cant get behind BLM, not a cop either.

First of all to my knowledge shu doesnt have campus police and relies on sopd when needed.

So it is not possible to advocate the blm movement while also supporting law enforcement executed in the proper matter?
Does SHU have on campus security? Do they still stop visitors at the gate? Have they talked to SOPD about being a police free zone. If you wanted to practice what BLM preaches that would be an ideal way to start.

With one of BLMs top priorities being defund and abolish police, how do you support their movement and the police?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT