ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Week 2

We know what you and others here have as an agenda....btw in case you missed it the most talented player on either local team now lost for season...and they may go a combined 6-26
What’s my “agenda”?

What’s my “agenda”?
Your agenda and others here are cosigners is to show any point of info that minorities who make up the majority of uniformed personnel in nfl and the league itself have gotten so woke or too woke that massive viewer decrease is rampant. That these players and the league are displaying political signaling. Players want to play. Players are also human they are not souless robotics with autopilot droid mechanism that disables them from having a voice.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Your agenda and others here are cosigners is to show any point of info that minorities who make up the majority of uniformed personnel in nfl and the league itself have gotten so woke or too woke that massive viewer decrease is rampant. That these players and the league are displaying political signaling. Players want to play. Players are also human they are not souless robotics with autopilot droid mechanism that disables them from having a voice.
That’s a lot.....seems like a rationalization to support YOUR agenda.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
That’s a lot.....seems like a rationalization to support YOUR agenda.
I dont have an agenda, my agenda is this, let the pros be pros in their craft: athletics, acting, singing, performing, but that doesnt disable them from having a platform of thought and expression, just like a minimum wage worker in pocatello, idaho shouldnt be disabled from having a platform of thought and expression.

Are you also against athletes venturing into politics and becoming politicians?

Lastly I would like to convey that I feel the term virtue signaling is a simple term that paints a broad stroke against many. For those that are very sincere is their beliefs and expression it is really a low blow insult towards them.

Last edited:
I dont have an agenda, my agenda is this, let the pros be pros in their craft: athletics, acting, singing, performing, but that doesnt disable them from having a platform of thought and expression, just like a minimum wage worker in pocatello, idaho shouldnt be disabled from having a platform of thought and expression.

Are you also against athletes venturing into politics and becoming politicians?

Lastly I would like to convey that I feel the term virtue signaling is a simple term that paints a broad stroke against many. For those that are very sincere is their beliefs and expression it is really a low blow insult towards them.
You’re confusing freedom of speech and expression with Taking actions which may impact you or your employers compensation and livelihood.

That minimum wage worker in Pocatello that might work at a McDonald’s has to wear a uniform to work. They can’t wear a T-shirt expressing their beliefs. If wearing that T-shirt impacts the business at that McDonald’s, the owner has a right to prohibit that. If they want to march in a protest or give back to the community, that’s what makes this country great.

No different with sports. If you choose to take a position on the court that could impact your income or the owners income, you need to be prepared for the consequences of doing it. It’s really not a hard issue to understand.

Why would I care about an athlete or anyone venturing into politics? There are some great examples of politicians that started their career in sports. Bill Bradley, Jack Kemp, Etc.

Virtue signaling is a real thing. You may not like the term, but social media has created the phenomenon for when someone wants to give the impression that they are committed to a cause by wearing a T-shirt or posting a meme and they do nothing else. It’s just plain lazy.

Reactions: shu09
Hardly, where have I here in 6 months come across in any capacity advocating anarchy, property destruction, looting and vandalism?

Are you serious???

As has been suggested to you before, "Own it".

You post any anti-police video you can find.

You try to pass off the rioters as protesters.

Your poetic quoting of Frederick Douglas was nothing short of support for property destruction.

You support BLM, a violent front for Marxism that uses racism claims as a shield.

Hey, you are lefty liberal. Its OK. Just own it.

Are you serious???

As has been suggested to you before, "Own it".

You post any anti-police video you can find.

You try to pass off the rioters as protesters.

Your poetic quoting of Frederick Douglas was nothing short of support for property destruction.

You support BLM, a violent front for Marxism that uses racism claims as a shield.

Hey, you are lefty liberal. Its OK. Just own it.
Pirata you are a joke.
Spk you are a complete fraud for liking the Pirata reply.
Showing videos of POLICE bullying, assaulting and using extra and different tactics is proof those with a shield and gun act differently and outside of sop at times.
When have I ever advocated against cops?
I have said numerous times on here that it is shameful that people who wanted to protest for a cause got blended in with those that wanted to act out, be rebellion and skirmish with authority.
Frederick Douglass escaped slavery. You are disgusting to connect his quotes as impetus for modern day property destruction.
Yes, I believe Black Lives Matter.
Why do I have to be left and liberal?
Why can't I just be an American that has empathy for other citizens who is not easily offended by those expressing themselves and their causes at this present time.
You are way the hell off if you would know my voting record.

Wasn't last year only on ESPN while this year the game was on ESPN and ABC?
If you are specifically referencing this past week 2 mnf event, yes it was simulcasted on abc as a a gesture to celebrate the 50th anniversary of MNF being launched.

Pirata you are a joke.
Spk you are a complete fraud for liking the Pirata reply.
Showing videos of POLICE bullying, assaulting and using extra and different tactics is proof those with a shield and gun act differently and outside of sop at times.
When have I ever advocated against cops?
I have said numerous times on here that it is shameful that people who wanted to protest for a cause got blended in with those that wanted to act out, be rebellion and skirmish with authority.
Frederick Douglass escaped slavery. You are disgusting to connect his quotes as impetus for modern day property destruction.
Yes, I believe Black Lives Matter.
Why do I have to be left and liberal?
Why can't I just be an American that has empathy for other citizens who is not easily offended by those expressing themselves and their causes at this present time.
You are way the hell off if you would know my voting record.

Aye, a tad triggered are ye laddie?

As is your wont, when your argument falls apart you resort to name calling.

Brilliant.

You started the mess with your accusations of agenda.

You fire a shot and expect people to not respond. Naive at best.

Aye, a tad triggered are ye laddie?

As is your wont, when your argument falls apart you resort to name calling.

Brilliant.

You started the mess with your accusations of agenda.

You fire a shot and expect people to not respond. Naive at best.
It's his MO. I responded to all of the points he made in his post and it's Mr. Crickets, so he has to pivot and try something new. Can't engage in a discussion. There's a term for that.....has to do with cold, white precipitation.

It's his MO. I responded to all of the points he made in his post and it's Mr. Crickets, so he has to pivot and try something new. Can't engage in a discussion. There's a term for that.....has to do with cold, white precipitation.
Dont you worry, i will get back to you

You were the one who quoted him and used that quote to provide a rationale for property destruction.

Would you not call that disgusting?

Own it dude.

BTW, his escaping slavery is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPK145
Why can't I just be an American that has empathy for other citizens

I think you mean sympathy, unless of course you have internalized what it was like to be a slave. Or perhaps you are now one with the black experience.

I find your use of the word empathy to be disingenuous to both cohorts.

I guess next you will speak about your empathy for child birth.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPK145
You were the one who quoted him and used that quote to provide a rationale for property destruction.

Would you not call that discussing?

Own it dude.

BTW, his escaping slavery is irrelevant.
I am sure you have this screen grabbed and saved in a bookmark. Can you please cite because I don't remember the quote.

That is like saying, "posting videos of rain proves that it is not sunny everyday".

No shit, Einstein.

The issue is that you only post videos of bad police actions.

The gratuitous "I know not all cops are bad" doesn't cut it.

LOL, I called you out for lying about me in another thread and you still haven't apologized or shown any facts to support it.

THAT is what a fraud is.
I can't find the thread across LOTS, however you replied directly to me and said they (the african american community) havent taken presidential election years seriously in the past so why start now even with lebron james advocating voter registeration.
Look i get it you and others dislike me to the line of hate on here. Thats fine you have a right to that assessed opinon. I happen to disagree with a lot of the rhetoric and MAGA love spewed on here.
The Republicans are way the hell off and have been for a while and I am not condoning the Dems or giving them an excuse along the way as well.

Last edited:
TV ratings have been a load of BS for years. not only are the pretty much made up at this point, but their value was always inflated when it came to ads. its all so generic in terms of what and who youre actually buying, whose actually watching etc. but this antiquated way of doing things has been lobbied to stay in existence and continue to be the measuring stick. even when digital has fragmented and surpassed the capabilities of tv commercials.

NFL ratings are down due to the new era of content consumption but also because the product isnt as good. and not because of anything political. heck you dont see any blm stuff during any game. its a farce to blame it.

its another slow sport that people may find better things to do during that 3 hour time span. covid has really un-did a lot of brainwashing for casual sports fans. NFL and football will never die of course, but ive noticed a trend where more people will watch NBA and NHL because the game moves, it keeps their attention. Not only the game, but the season. MLB and NFL are all about cap space and value for the future. Where else can a generational talent like saquon barkley become literally useless within the first year of his career? cant be stuck with contracts 8 years down the road, so lets deflate the players value now. and half of an NFL is injured by week 4. like mlb its also becoming way too in the weeds with analytics that it takes the fun out of things. the shift, launch angles, pitch counts in mlb... 4th downs, player packages, routes coverage etc for NFL. these turn based sports are becoming watching chess and the players are pieces. nhl and nba has mojo, runs, players emotions, a flow. sure there are analytics but im still watching a game.

im ranting now but the TV ratings, the financial business end, turning the game into a math equation has made it much worse than any political topic. you want to watch sports? too late.

oh yea and now sports betting will be inundating your sports experience like pop up ads on aol early 2000s. its going to get really bad. brace yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merge
TV ratings have been a load of BS for years. not only are the pretty much made up at this point, but their value was always inflated when it came to ads. its all so generic in terms of what and who youre actually buying, whose actually watching etc. but this antiquated way of doing things has been lobbied to stay in existence and continue to be the measuring stick. even when digital has fragmented and surpassed the capabilities of tv commercials.

NFL ratings are down due to the new era of content consumption but also because the product isnt as good. and not because of anything political. heck you dont see any blm stuff during any game. its a farce to blame it.

its another slow sport that people may find better things to do during that 3 hour time span. covid has really un-did a lot of brainwashing for casual sports fans. NFL and football will never die of course, but ive noticed a trend where more people will watch NBA and NHL because the game moves, it keeps their attention. Not only the game, but the season. MLB and NFL are all about cap space and value for the future. Where else can a generational talent like saquon barkley become literally useless within the first year of his career? cant be stuck with contracts 8 years down the road, so lets deflate the players value now. and half of an NFL is injured by week 4. like mlb its also becoming way too in the weeds with analytics that it takes the fun out of things. the shift, launch angles, pitch counts in mlb... 4th downs, player packages, routes coverage etc for NFL. these turn based sports are literally becoming watching chess and the players are pieces. nhl and nba has mojo, runs, players emotions, a flow. sure there are analytics but im still watching a game.

im ranting now but the TV ratings, the financial business end, turning the game into a math equation has made it much worse than any political topic. you want to watch sports? too late.

oh yea and now sports betting will be inundating your sports experience like pop up ads on aol early 2000s. its going to get really bad. brace yourself.

Well said. A bit of correlation =/= causation going on in here.

While I am sure there are some fans who are tuning out of sports because of a political motivation, that doesn't really explain why there were declines in viewership prior to when the politicization started. Can probably trace just as much of it to absurd contracts and leagues trying to monetize the crap out of everything they put out as well. Ultimately there are a lot of reasons why less people are tuning in. Hard to narrow it down and quantify the impact on each though.

Reactions: shu09
There is no one thing that is driving the ratings down. Free agency and the cap creates a revolving door of players. Hard to maintain any continuity of fan interest in a specific player with all of the roster turnover. IMO what's driving it more this year is COVID related. Don't underestimate the fans contribution to adding to the excitement of watching a game. I'm a Yankee fan, but haven't been able to stay awake during an entire game this year.

The politics impact viewership less, but as a fan there is a large demographic that is turned off by those players antics. Respected Lebron a lot more before the terminal virtue signaling.

There is no one thing that is driving the ratings down. Free agency and the cap creates a revolving door of players. Hard to maintain any continuity of fan interest in a specific player with all of the roster turnover. IMO what's driving it more this year is COVID related. Don't underestimate the fans contribution to adding to the excitement of watching a game. I'm a Yankee fan, but haven't been able to stay awake during an entire game this year.

The politics impact viewership less, but as a fan there is a large demographic that is turned off by those players antics. Respected Lebron a lot more before the terminal virtue signaling.
well yankees were awful and injury ridden for a while and baseball now takes 6 hours to complete. id bet that fans arent a big consideration at all when most people watch mid summer baseball in the past. unless its post season baseball fans have almost no effect on the game.. too slow and turn based. nobody is cheering before a player does something only after. compare that to college basketball where the crowd will get up during key moments

well yankees were awful and injury ridden for a while and baseball now takes 6 hours to complete. id bet that fans arent a big consideration at all when most people watch mid summer baseball in the past. unless its post season baseball fans have almost no effect on the game.. too slow and turn based. nobody is cheering before a player does something only after. compare that to college basketball where the crowd will get up during key moments
Go back and watch some games pre-COVID and how the camera pans the fans and other stuff that gives you a feel for the game. 95% of the camera time is focused on the batter/pitcher with the occasional manager shot with a mask. We are used to more breaks in the action and bringing the crowd into the game. Football...no Lambeau leap, no Jet guy with the construction helmut, no hot chicks with an Eli jersey. No fans banging the wall on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT