ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Question…

SHUisNJsTeam

All World
Jan 2, 2005
Would Onward Setonia (or any NIL really) be able to take the money they collect and invest it so they could grow the funds even further?

I am not an NIL expert but would be shocked if the NCAA cares about how external beneficiaries of NIL endorsements raise their funds or invest them

Reactions: Piratz
Yes. No reason that we couldn’t do that. Quite frankly we should buy a few bitcoins using the funds and focus on the 2027 season where we’ll have a 20M NIL fund and can win it all. Stay afloat to then

Would Onward Setonia (or any NIL really) be able to take the money they collect and invest it so they could grow the funds even further?
Non profits yes. There should be no issue investing. The ones that set up as for profit businesses believing that the IRS will strike down all the non profit collectives because there is no charitable purpose behind them, can do it, but remember the money they don't spend will be taxed as they brought in income, but didn't use it as an expense.

I actually sent an email offering to manage the funds at an absolute bare minimum fee, would have been netting 5%+ in short term treasuries, but there was no response. That was HHOD, prior to Onward Setonia. Guess they have a better process.

No reason you cannot invest cash. University endowments don’t grow by donations. It’s market movement. Though NIL would have to be conservative and liquid.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
What would you prefer? A CD perhaps? Spend the damn money, there is no long term time horizon with this $.
Definitely spend the money but if you have a little left over why not let it work for you to make more money?

I posted this on the Trove & wanted to share this here. I’ve met Steve a couple of times. Extremely personable and just a great representative for PC. Thought everyone would like to see the types of things they are thinking of about raising money for NIL & thinking outside of the box. Sounds very cool. If we did this, I’d definitely gather up some friends/alumi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT