ADVERTISEMENT

OJ Simpson, passes away at age 76

Didn't he release a video right before the Super Bowl saying, contrary to reports, he was just fine? I guess he was fronting. This is like one of those "remember where you were" moments.

Maybe he'll finally be able to find the"real killers" down where he is now? Didn't have much luck doing it on the golf greens over the years.

Reactions: SHUMatt
I will always remember where I was when I heard that a second plane had struck the Twin Towers. I remember where I was when I heard Michael Jackson had passed away. And I will always remember where I was during the OJ car chase. In a time before the internet, before any social media, many were glued to their TV watching this unfold.

I cannot think of a single athlete who had a bigger fall from grace, who had such a different first half of his life than the second half. Heisman all-star, NFL MVP, then actor, loved by many...

...found not guilty of gruesome murder only to end up in prison years later on a separate crime, this time caught on tape red-handed.

Reactions: SHUMAN
As a pre-teen in spring of 1994, I remember such a wholesome spring and early summer. Knicks and Rangers so many playoff games in msg. World Cup kicks off in the US and then the news of what happened and days later the chase. As days and months went on to see live trial coverage, that was the ultimate reality tv.

I was watching the NBA Finals. Knicks vs Rockets when it was partially preempted for the car chase.
Exactly this for me. Down in Atlantic city at blackjack table with view of Knicks on one TV and chase on others. Bizarre experience.

I think they were going to do another Naked Gun movie. Liam Nelson as Frank Drebber. Don't know if they would've had some play the OJ role.

12 year old me felt that a post football career RB who was arthritic would have hard time taking out a younger well built man but after seeing the evidence and growing mature to understand circumstances I believe his dream team law team was worth every penny

I don't care one ounce about his athletic career, his movies, commercials or his commentating. He was a woman beater and literally got away with murder or double murder. I have done a ton of research on this case. Marcia Clark did an awful job prosecuting. There was a ton of evidence she either failed to introduce to the case or failed to counter the defense's arguments. Since he did not rot in jail for his murders, he will hopefully rot in hell for eternity.

Forget just an athlete, this guy became part of Americana. It’s crazy. We all know the HOF career on the field, but then he was a celebrity in the media and in advertising. Then the crime, the chase, and who could forget the court proceedings and how tuned in all of America was for everything? It bred even more celebrities.

IDK if this country has had another event since where as many Americans were fixated on something as it was starting with that car chase and through the trial. Surreal.

Forget just an athlete, this guy became part of Americana. It’s crazy. We all know the HOF career on the field, but then he was a celebrity in the media and in advertising. Then the crime, the chase, and who could forget the court proceedings and how tuned in all of America was for everything? It bred even more celebrities.

IDK if this country has had another event since where as many Americans were fixated on something as it was starting with that car chase and through the trial. Surreal.
I was in Tokyo on business when the verdict was announced and I was astonished how much interest there was in Japan about the trial. The trial had grown into a true global event watched with intense interest around the world not just in the U.S.

Scheck, shapiro, douglas, dershowtiz, kaelin, fred goldman, brown family, clark, darden will have many media requests

I remember running into Ron Goldman sister and father Fred at a hotel in Tucson Arizona the October after the murders.
He was at the hotel bar wearing a big button with his sons photo.
Had a drink with him if I recall and spoke about the injustices of it all.

Reminiscing, it was such a memorable time in my life. I just finished a 3 week tour of Europe and was headed home to start my new job that I'd wind up enjoying for over 20 years. Right before I left remember watching the Knicks/ Rockets game in the middle of the night at a campground/zoo we were staying at in Rome. I saw I the slow speed chase over the Atlantic as I was flying back on Virgin Air. Such a surreal moment and watching it mid flight made it even more memorable.

I was in LA doing Olympic research the week after the murders and right before OJ’s arrest. It was a bizarre time.

I will always remember where I was when I heard that a second plane had struck the Twin Towers. I remember where I was when I heard Michael Jackson had passed away. And I will always remember where I was during the OJ car chase. In a time before the internet, before any social media, many were glued to their TV watching this unfold.

I cannot think of a single athlete who had a bigger fall from grace, who had such a different first half of his life than the second half. Heisman all-star, NFL MVP, then actor, loved by many...

...found not guilty of gruesome murder only to end up in prison years later on a separate crime, this time caught on tape red-handed.
I was in the men’s basketball office that day with Bunny n other cats. Cafeteria went bonkers after verdict.

I was out with clients for a lunch when the verdict came down. It was very awkward because two of my clients clearly believed he was guilty and one client strongly believed he was not guilty. The restaurant turned up their TVs and the place was silent and then went nuts. I couldn’t react as my clients were of differing opinions. The streets in midtown were a little crazy too. Interesting time and one of those days you don’t forget.

I was at lunch with some colleagues at a local place we went to often…same thing….TV’s on and everyone glued to them. The general tone was disbelief and I don’t recall anyone in the place celebrating.

I always found it interesting that the narrative went from spousal abuse to racial over time. No MeToo movement back then. Remember reading stories about LA cops asking for OJ’s autograph when they had responded to 911 calls while she had signs of beatings.

Just remembered this. I was walking to the Peninsula Hotel (was a customer of mine) on 56th Street and I see this guy walking towards me who looked familiar. As he passed, I recognized him. It was Mark Furman.

People really thought he was innocent?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT