ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tony Romo

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Wow, shoots right into the top spot at CBS.

Good for him.

smart move. Guy was getting killed in the NFL. Too fragile.

Being a Giants fan I've always disliked the cowboys and their players but there's just something about Romo that makes it hard for me to dislike him. He handled the Dak situation with class when a lot of players in his position would have acted like aholes. I know nothing about his skills behind the mic but I am pulling for him to be successful.

I always thought Romo was an outstanding QB and one of the top QB's in the league. Lord knows he broke the Giants' hearts many times on GW drives in the closing minutes... Although, we'll always have the 2007 season Divisional Playoff, lol!

Couldn't lead that team to any real breakthroughs in the playoffs, however, and that was a cloud over him for a while. But a really terrific QB. I'd take him any day of the week.

Reactions: anon_4htvdezyfe7k9
I liked Phil Simms and thought he was one of the better analysts and hate to see him go.

I liked Phil Simms and thought he was one of the better analysts and hate to see him go.
To me, Simms was a tough listen because he rarely if ever would acknowledge or criticize a player who dropped a ball or blew an assignment. He was kind of absurdly positive. Nice man, but I won't miss him. I won't miss Nantz one bit when he moves on either.

To me, Simms was a tough listen because he rarely if ever would acknowledge or criticize a player who dropped a ball or blew an assignment. He was kind of absurdly positive. Nice man, but I won't miss him. I won't miss Nantz one bit when he moves on either.

A lot of athletes don't want to be around any negativity. Instead of focusing on a dropped pass, they want to focus on how they are going to convert the 3rd and 25 they are now faced with because of the dropped pass. I always thought that came across as the kind of guy Simms is. I enjoyed that about his commentary. I didn't think he was the greatest commentator but I did think he brought out what's going on in the players heads about making the next play.

Even as a Giants fan, I always liked Romo. In a sport full of bad dudes, he was one of the good guys. Wish him the best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT