ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting tweets

I watched this kid when he played St John’s this year and he was fantastic against that type of pressure defense. Single-handedly kept it from being a blowout. Sign me up - like him better as a PG than Aiken.
Which guy? I can’t see the link. THANKS

That’s three additional transfers I just don’t see that

Ro, MP, Q = 3 departures... Minus 1 ship = 2 for Long and Stevens.

TT leaves = 1 free ship as of now.

Would only need 2 more players to leave as far as I can tell.

Ro, MP, Q = 3 departures... Minus 1 ship = 2 for Long and Stevens.

TT leaves = 1 free ship as of now.

Would only need 2 more players to leave as far as I can tell.
You are right for some reason I thought we would only have two more.

Reactions: shupat08
To be clear I'd sign up for him or Aiken in a nanosecond. I'm not sure how viable we are from their standpoint with both Nelson (as a junior) and Long (freshman) in the fold, not to mention Reynolds who will get time there or at one of the guard spots, Molson (expected minutes) and Stevens. That's 5 guys who are going to get time at the two guard slots, and even if you say that some could play the 3 (or in a 3-guard set), you have Cale who will get significant minutes at the wing and Samuel/Rhoden who can play there when we have Mamu and Ike on the court at the same time.

Unless there is movement among those players, I'm not sure a grad transfer will be interested. And if we land one, I think it is a sign there will be some movement.

When there are 30 tweets in a thread, it helps to reference the tweet when quoted because it is lost in the quote. Thanks from all reading these posts with confusion.

Reactions: BabyBlue
Are we still in it with josh gray? Haven’t heard much on that front in quite some time

Al McGuire , when he was the head coach at Marquette , would personally recruit their top target every year and in his 13 years there he is reputed to have missed out just once. When asked about why he adopted that approach he said that way the target knew how important he was to Marquette and the basketball program. Of course the fact that he had top assistants like Hank Raymonds and Rick Majures on his staff involved in recruiting their other targets didn’ t hurt.

Reactions: thehall07
Recruiting is discussed on the Trove so for the most part I stay away from that here.

Guess I can tell you to put your hopes on Aiken, but I can't post details as to where we stand with him.

Smith used the same go right curl drive to the basket in like 90% of those highlights. Not sure that works on a BigEast level.

Too bad about Smith. He wouldn’t even have to look at any tape or learn anything new for our entire offensive scheme. He could just refer to his own weave highlight clip.

Reactions: deheremike
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT