ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Louis game thread

guess we battling with Depaul for last this year? hell even they beat psu

The positive is even Nova lost to Furman. Seriously, this could a rough year. Especially, if Powell gets not help on offense. TT and Cale must help out during the year or this team will finish no better than 8th.

I was OK with that shot at the end .

It was wide open and Mamus feet were set. Form looked good too.

I've seen many times where we didn't even manage to get a shot off so it really wasn't bad at all .

You don’t often see a teams center taking the last second 3 Pt to win a game. Nothing against Mamu, but I would rather seem Powell with 2 guys on him take that shot. Not to mention any of the other shooters.

Reactions: catholicman
You don’t often see a teams center taking the last second 3 Pt to win a game. Nothing against Mamu, but I would rather seem Powell with 2 guys on him take that shot. Not to mention any of the other shooters.

You have high standards for our offense
;)

Two things. SLU isn’t bad by any stretch, so while it is no doubt a bad loss at home, it isn’t one that is completely unexpected this early and it is early, so plenty of time to right the ship. More glaring is a second game where we had a laughable number of assists which speaks to the ever looming PG issue and I have no clue what the hell is going on with Thompson.

TT and another shooter have to be in the floor in place of Nzei and Mamu. There must be something going on in practice that we do not see since KW is going with the guys he trusts and give effort.. and Mamu and Nzei leave it all on the floor every game, it would have been nice if he hit the shot but that’s a tough spot for the kid

MP will see two and three on him until someone else proves they can make a shot. It would be coaching negligence if anyone let him beat them.

Two things. SLU isn’t bad by any stretch, so while it is no doubt a bad loss at home, it isn’t one that is completely unexpected this early and it is early, so plenty of time to right the ship. More glaring is a second game where we had a laughable number of assists which speaks to the ever looming PG issue and I have no clue what the hell is going on with Thompson.

This game was a dumpster fire. Or a train wreck - you can pick. No coherent offense whatsoever and the defense let St. louis shoot for a high percentage in any manner they felt like.

Passing was poor. Shot selection was poor. No sense of urgency until the final 2 minutes.

Lots of work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT