ADVERTISEMENT

Sellout

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Saturday's Clash Between Seton Hall and No. 7 Marquette is SOLD OUT!​

resize

South Orange, N.J. - The Seton Hall Athletics ticket office has announced that Saturday's clash between the Pirates and No. 7 Marquette at Prudential Center has sold out! Fans interested in tickets are now limited to the secondary market and can search verified resale listings on Ticketmaster or their preferred secondary market outlet.

There is a chance that seats may become available on gameday in person at the Prudential Center box office beginning at 11 a.m., but it is not guaranteed.

Saturday will be Seton Hall's second lower bowl sellout of the season and 39th overall in 17 seasons at Prudential Center.

Fans who miss out on tickets to Saturday's game still have three additional opportunities to watch the Pirates in BIG EAST action this month. Seton Hall hosts St. John's on Tuesday, Jan. 16 (8:30 p.m.), Creighton on Saturday, Jan. 20 (noon) and Providence on Wednesday, Jan. 24 (6:30 p.m.). Single-game tickets to these games and all remaining Pirates home games in 2023-24 are available on Ticketmaster.

Why didn’t they open the upper level for this game? Saturday in early January, no real football competition, against a top 10 high profile opponent?

Reactions: PMB Pirate
Don’t see Marquette traveling all that well. At least they haven’t in the past. Should be 90% plus for the Pirates.
As I recall, MU typically has a solid presence at our games

Someone who knows better can correct me but I feel like they have a sizable alumni base in the area.

Someone who knows better can correct me but I feel like they have a sizable alumni base in the area.
You could be right. Just don’t recall seeing all that many.

They usually had a solid contingent during the Wojo/Markus Howard era but not as much in recent years.

I was not at the MU game last season but it didn’t seem like they had much of a fan presence on TV

No link yet

Game 15: No. 7 Marquette Golden Eagles (11-3, 2-1 BIG EAST) vs. Seton Hall Pirates (9-5, 2-1 BIG EAST)
Saturday, Jan. 6 • Prudential Center (Newark, N.J.) • 12 p.m.
TV: CBS Sports Network • Jordan Kent & Bob Wenzel
Web: cbssports.com/watch/cbs-sports-network
Radio: SHU Pirates Mobile App / Pirate Sports Network / SiriusXM 384 / SXM app 974 / Gary Cohen & Dave Popkin​

Notes You Need To Know
  • Winners of four of its last five games including two wins over AP Top 25 teams, the Seton Hall men's basketball team returns to Prudential Center to host No. 7 Marquette at 12 p.m. on Saturday.
  • Seton Hall is 6-1 at Prudential Center this season and it's 82-63 (.566) all-time in Newark against BIG EAST competition.
  • Seton Hall's last 2-1 start to BIG EAST play was the 2020-21 season and prior to that season it's best start to league was when the Pirates started 8-0 in 2019-20.
  • The Pirates are coming off their second Quad 1 win of the season as they topped No. 23 Providence, 61-57, at Amica Mutual Pavilion on Wednesday.
  • The Hall has now won back-to-back meetings against the Friars at the AMP, a building where Providence is 46-4 in its last 50 games.
  • Dre Davis had a team-high 17 points, Kadary Richmond had a great all-around game with 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists and Dylan Addae-Wusu posted his first double-double as a Pirate with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
  • Now the Pirates return to Newark and Prudential Center where they haven't played since Dec. 20 when Seton Hall defeated No. 5 UConn, 75-60.
  • In both ranked victories, the Pirates held their opponent to 60 points or less and they held both teams to shooting percentages under 40 percent (UConn, 38 percent; Providence, 37 percent).
  • Last week, Richmond was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll for the second time this season after averaging 18.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 6.0 steals per game against UConn and Xavier.
  • Richmond scored 23 points against UConn and he tied a program record with eight steals, which was done three times previously by Fuquan Edwin (last vs. Eastern Washington on Sept. 22, 2013).
  • Richmond ranks 20th nationally in steals with 33 and he leads the BIG EAST in both steals and steals per game (2.3 spg).
  • In the loss at Xavier, Richmond tallied four more steals to go along with 13 points, eight rebounds and two assists.
  • Seton Hall's win over the Huskies was its largest ever win over an AP top five ranked opponent.
  • Seton Hall's defense turned in its best performance of the season, allowing UConn to shoot just 38 percent from the floor and 19 percent from three (4-of-21).
  • After lacking a "marquee" victory through the first month of the season, Seton Hall picked up a Quad 2 win at Missouri and a Quad 1 win over UConn in back-to-back games.
  • The Pirates are 13-23 all-time against Marquette and they're 11-12 against the Golden Eagles since the BIG EAST's reconfiguration in 2013-14.
  • The Pirates have won six of the last 10 meetings.
  • Shaheen Holloway and Marquette head coach Shaka Smart both took double-digit seeded teams to at least the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament with Holloway guiding 15th seeded Saint Peter's to the Elite Eight last season and Smart leading 11th seeded VCU to the Final Four in 2011.
  • Davis is averaging 17.8 points on 50 percent shooting from three (6-of-12) and 4.8 rebounds per game over his last four games.
  • Al-Amir Dawes ranks 21st among active players in Division I in career three-point field goals made with 283.
  • Jaden Bediako leads the BIG EAST and third in Division I averaging 4.4 offensive rebounds per game.
  • Bediako ranks second in Division I in offensive rebounding percentage (21.4 pct).
  • With 303 career assists at Seton Hall, Richmond is three assists away from becoming just the 18th Pirate to register 300 career dimes and he's currently tied with Myles Powell for 17th on the program's all-time assists list.
  • Richmond is also 54 points away from reaching 1,000 career points.

You could be right. Just don’t recall seeing all that many.

They usually had a solid contingent during the Wojo/Markus Howard era but not as much in recent years.

I was not at the MU game last season but it didn’t seem like they had much of a fan presence on TV
Not that it proves my point but something I did find funny.

I went out to dinner tonight (and I am wearing a Pirate hat and carrying a Pirate drawstring bag -- not to mention the Seton Hall quarter zip under my jacket). As i am walking into the restaurant, the gentleman of the couple leaving was wearing a Marquette sweatshirt.

I did resist the urge to say "Go Pirates!" Lol.

There will definitely be a large contingent from Berks County. Stevie Mitchell went to Wilson High School in West Lawn. (Same school as Kerry Collins and Chad Henne.) They love their athletes there.
The threat of weather may keep the Pennsylvanians from making the trip.

Reactions: Harty9
My son and I sat among a bunch of Marquette fans at that great BET game. Things were chippy in the stands too. Ultimately nothing happened but both sides were, lets us say, engaged.
I remember that. There was a group near me that I thought might eventually get into it.

I had a friend who was working security at the Garden at the time who told me they were busier than usual that night.

My son and I sat among a bunch of Marquette fans at that great BET game. Things were chippy in the stands too. Ultimately nothing happened but both sides were, lets us say, engaged.

My group of 10 drove a group of stuck up snobby MU fans out of our section... Life lesson don't act like a-holes and think a bunch of Essex and Hudson county residents won't give it right back to you. 😂

I don't recall them having a sizeable presence at our arena. MSG for the Big East tourney I've seen them have pretty large contingents.

Yeah I went four years ago to the Markus vs. Myles show and they did not have any sizable presence that I can remember.

I was at the Big East Semi when Hall played Marquette at the garden. Absolutely unreal atmosphere, almost missed last train out of NY Penn station.

I should have clarified..this was the 2020 game in Newark I went to. And that msg semi final atmosphere did look amazing watching on tv.

Reactions: SOSHU
Every section but the students. If they are away cant they give away their ticket to a local kid

Not too many MU fans in attendance. We had a husband and wife sitting next to us. They were vets of the '77 MU National Championship. We shared stories about Al McGuire and the New York McGuire clan. It was fun chatting with them a bit. But when we first met, we got the obligatory " The Hall always plays us tough". I had the feeling they really didn't mean that. But they were pleasant folks.

Reactions: Seton75
I wasn’t there only watched on TV. But with the upper bowl closed that would surprise me.

Would be incredibly difficult to top SJU/Villanova back to back in 2015, Xavier in 2016, Michigan State in 2019, and a couple other Nova games (2018 & 2020 come to mind, even though they were losses. 2019 was great too.). But people tend to forget and have recency bias.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT