ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall is All Elite

TheHall87

All World
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I know how everybody here loves pro wrestling (Lol) but this has a Seton Hall connection.

The Acclaimed won the All Elite Wrestling (AEW) World Tag Team Championships during Wednesday night's episode of Dynamite from Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing. One half of the team is former Seton Hall baseball player Anthony Bowens. The other half is Max Caster who is the son of former Jets tight end Rich Caster.

It's the first tag team title run for the duo.

I know how everybody here loves pro wrestling (Lol) but this has a Seton Hall connection.

The Acclaimed won the All Elite Wrestling (AEW) World Tag Team Championships during Wednesday night's episode of Dynamite from Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing. One half of the team is former Seton Hall baseball player Anthony Bowens. The other half is Max Caster who is the son of former Jets tight end Rich Caster.

The Acclaimed were a job team 2 years ago on AEW Dark. Quite a climb. Anthony was enhancement talent in NXT and had a super scary injury 5 or 6 years back with a botched spot in the ring. The crowd pop was amazing Wednesday night.

The Acclaimed were a job team 2 years ago on AEW Dark. Quite a climb. Anthony was enhancement talent in NXT and had a super scary injury 5 or 6 years back with a botched spot in the ring. The crowd pop was amazing Wednesday night.
Ah someone actually tweeted this Wednesday night

I admit I don't follow AEW closely but it can be tough to break through there. They've got so many of these unknown acts who languish on Dark.

The Acclaimed have been getting, for lack of a better term, main roster run for a while and have gotten over thanks mostly to Caster's raps. He really kept them going through Bowens' recent injury to the point that AEW had to turn them face.

Also interesting that they beat another African-American team to win the belts. It's the first time that's happened in AEW's short history and I'm not sure if that has ever happened (though I'm sure AEW would be touting it if it had).

Reactions: JRSlim2284
They're organically fun. I've turned into critical old man when it comes to the "sport" nowadays but they're just dumb fun. 1 thing in their favor is that AEW has always wanted to have competent tag teams in depth. And from what I remembered reading, that video above is literally the 1st time theyve been a team.

Reactions: TheHall87
wrestling is so odd. you win when your character gets chosen to win that day. no?

wrestling is so odd. you win when your character gets chosen to win that day. no?
... Yes. Just like Andy when he crawled through that tunnel of shit to escape to freedom so he can have a place for Red to join him

Does anyone happen to know when Bowens actually played baseball here at Seton Hall? I've tried looking through baseball rosters, stats, etc and could never find him or a picture of him in uniform.

Much like my signed photo of Charlie Haas in his Seton Hall wrestling singlet, would like to eventually have Bowens sign something SHU baseball related.

Does anyone happen to know when Bowens actually played baseball here at Seton Hall? I've tried looking through baseball rosters, stats, etc and could never find him or a picture of him in uniform.

Much like my signed photo of Charlie Haas in his Seton Hall wrestling singlet, would like to eventually have Bowens sign something SHU baseball related.

Blink and you had missed him

Reactions: TheHall87
This is a simplistic viewpoint.

Pro wrestling like is a business like many other forms of entertainment. The characters/acts that go over (win) are generally those who the company sees as being able to draw money (be it tv viewers, live attendance or pay per view).

With that said, those acts don't always need to win to draw money. Often they are used to build up other acts to put them in a position to make money for the business.

This is a simplistic viewpoint.

Pro wrestling like is a business like many other forms of entertainment. The characters/acts that go over (win) are generally those who the company sees as being able to draw money (be it tv viewers, live attendance or pay per view).

With that said, those acts don't always need to win to draw money. Often they are used to build up other acts to put them in a position to make money for the business.
... so it really is that simplistic. you basically have to have an act the company likes. trying to tap into a new market here i see

... so it really is that simplistic. you basically have to have an act the company likes. trying to tap into a new market here i see
To a degree, yes. Often, things are based on audience reaction. A smart company or promoter picks up on that and adjusts the long-term plan accordingly.

There are storylines which determine outcomes as well. If you're trying to tell a story between two characters over the course of several months, there has to be some give and take, you have to have both sides getting the better of each other (not necessarily wins and losses) over the course of a long story.

Think of it as a movie. While the hero will usually win out in the end, he has to lose at frequent points in the story to get the story to its conclusion.

Sorry if that's more detail than you might want but it's more nuanced than the person who runs things saying that guy wins tonight.

To a degree, yes. Often, things are based on audience reaction. A smart company or promoter picks up on that and adjusts the long-term plan accordingly.

There are storylines which determine outcomes as well. If you're trying to tell a story between two characters over the course of several months, there has to be some give and take, you have to have both sides getting the better of each other (not necessarily wins and losses) over the course of a long story.

Think of it as a movie. While the hero will usually win out in the end, he has to lose at frequent points in the story to get the story to its conclusion.

Sorry if that's more detail than you might want but it's more nuanced than the person who runs things saying that guy wins tonight.
but are any of them actually winning or losing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT