ADVERTISEMENT

Shutdown Jalen Terry Tonight

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
The Hall has to make his life difficult. He plays too free and easy, especially against SHU He killed us at The Big East Tournament and was 4-4 from three launching one shot after another. He' the guy who sets the tone. He was 6-8 from three against Marquette, maybe DePaul's best games of the year. The new coach has them playing with more fire although they lost to both Marquette and Creighton. The good news is Gibson,Johnson, Anei and Ongenda are gone. Have to be careful of Jeremiah Oden, DeSean Nelson and Elijah Fisher all about 10ppg. They were 10-20 from three in that last game debacle at MSG. Terry and Nelson were,part of that contest. Seton Hall should be OK if they play intense,defense.

Jalen Terry is entering Justin Moore level with us. In addition to beating us at the 2023 BET, he also went off for 28 and killed us when we lost out there in 2022.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Yes guy has killed us over the years..
Correct me if I am not mistaken. But isn’t the guy we need to shut down Jamee Crockett. Can’t let that guy go off for a career game like he did previously going 5-7 from 3 (21 points) while crushing our tournament hopes.

….my bad just realized I’m getting confused with my history of @ DePaul set backs. Still having nightmares til this day about that 28 point loss back in March of 2013.

I mean if we can put up an offensive performance like we did against Missouri there is no way a DePaul team can out gun us…hmm no wait take that back. We gave up 99 to them back in the 2021-22 season.

Sorry it’s all becoming a blur.
  • The 1 point loss in 2018-19 when Strus drilled us for 5-7 from deep.
  • The 3 point nail bitter with Angel/Desi/KC in 2016-17 (win)
  • 2014-15 when we lost both and got drilled by 13 at their place
  • Another loss in 2013-14 (64-60)
  • A one win to open BE play in 2012-13

There is nothing about playing DePaul with or without Kadary that makes me feel any easier about this game.

Too much bad history in that place.

Go blow them out by 20+ and leave nothing to chance. Shut down all their guys.

Last edited:
i like half and full court trapping a team like this. You have to never let up on defense.

You know what is sad?

Depaul has a better winning history vs us than we do against Villanova

There's a lot of PTSD here.

Their average margin of defeat in BE games this year is 29. They lost to Georgetown by three. Their next closest loss is by 13 to Marquette.

EDIT: My math skills were definitely off above. Prior to the game DePaul's average loss was 23 points. Tonight's game pushed it to 24.

Their average margin of defeat in BE games this year is 29. They lost to Georgetown by three. Their next closest loss is by 13 to Marquette.
I would say they are pretty bad and not as good as last year's team. Sure, there is a chance we win by 15 or 20 points. We will if one of the things we do is shut down Jalen Terry. For whatever reason SHU has kicked SJU's tail at Prudential and it feels like the Meadowlands before that. The same can be said of playing Depaul especially at their place and that ridiculous collapse at the BigEast tournament last year. Was it Depaul who had a so so shooting free throw team that hit like 19 of 19 or something like that against us??

I would say they are pretty bad and not as good as last year's team. Sure, there is a chance we win by 15 or 20 points. We will if one of the things we do is shut down Jalen Terry. For whatever reason SHU has kicked SJU's tail at Prudential and it feels like the Meadowlands before that. The same can be said of playing Depaul especially at their place and that ridiculous collapse at the BigEast tournament last year. Was it Depaul who had a so so shooting free throw team that hit like 19 of 19 or something like that against us??
I would say they're in the running for being the worst team in Big East history.

Reactions: Piratz

Definitely a lot of PTSD.

I am going to be disappointed if we lose tonight.

But I am still of the belief that we can win or lose any game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT