ADVERTISEMENT

SNY crew excusing Pete Alonso’s boorish actions, poor play

As soon as pete made some money, not huge baseball money but 7 figures, didnt he start a non profit?

I am sure pm will write about that...if there is ever a scandal about it.

Reactions: batts and Bluebeard
Well someone might as well respond to the article. I can't stand Alonso as a player. He does one thing good. He hits homeruns. Other than that, he's not major league quality at any other aspect of the game. Good hitters don't bat under .250, strikes out a lot, doesn't run well, doesn't have great range, struggles with major league pop ups. But the mets want to make him their "Jeter" which is insane. He gets protected at all costs. Not to say it doesn't happen everywhere, but they'd be better off protecting Nimmo or McNeil than Alonso. There's a bunch of first basemen out there who help their team win in many more ways.
I’m sorry but thinking the Mets want to make him their “jeter” is a ridiculous response😂

I can assure you the Mets are not thinking about a player who retired almost a decade ago when it comes to Alonso and I’m not sure what that means anyway. Jeter was a good player and professional but yankee fans’ delusion (I know you’re not one shuhoopsfan) that he somehow is the gold standard for every other franchise is actually hilarious.

Reactions: STLPirate12
I’m sorry but thinking the Mets want to make him their “jeter” is a ridiculous response😂

I can assure you the Mets are not thinking about a player who retired almost a decade ago when it comes to Alonso and I’m not sure what that means anyway. Jeter was a good player and professional but yankee fans’ delusion (I know you’re not one shuhoopsfan) that he somehow is the gold standard for every other franchise is actually hilarious.
He’s the guy the announcers protect because he’s the face of the franchise. Jeter had his flaws especially as he got older, but the announcers always let it slide because he’s the face of the franchise. Mets announcers let Pete slide because he’s face of the franchise. Even last night in the third inning, Alonso moved to his left and kind of over ran a grounder. He missed it but because he knocked it down the booth was delighted he knocked it down what a great play. It was a play you expect guys who are very good first basemen to make 10 out of 10 times. It was an infield single, no error so thankfully for all I’m sure the stats still look good.

He’s the guy the announcers protect because he’s the face of the franchise. Jeter had his flaws especially as he got older, but the announcers always let it slide because he’s the face of the franchise. Mets announcers let Pete slide because he’s face of the franchise. Even last night in the third inning, Alonso moved to his left and kind of over ran a grounder. He missed it but because he knocked it down the booth was delighted he knocked it down what a great play. It was a play you expect guys who are very good first basemen to make 10 out of 10 times. It was an infield single, no error so thankfully for all I’m sure the stats still look good.
So because the announcers don’t rip him every single time he slacks a little means the Mets want him to be Jeter lmao?

There’s guys on every team who the home announcers let things slide for. And they get a lot more biased than Gary Keith & Ron, who are the best in the business imo. I mean have you ever heard Kruk call a Phillies game?

Reactions: hallstorm
So because the announcers don’t rip him every single time he slacks a little means the Mets want him to be Jeter lmao?

There’s guys on every team who the home announcers let things slide for. And they get a lot more biased than Gary Keith & Ron, who are the best in the business imo. I mean have you ever heard Kruk call a Phillies game?
Yes they do, they want to keep his image squeaky clean. Try reading the original post you quoted. I already mentioned it happens everywhere. But watching the mets more often than most other teams, they go beyond.

Yes they do, they want to keep his image squeaky clean. Try reading the original post you quoted. I already mentioned it happens everywhere. But watching the mets more often than most other teams, they go beyond.
Must take up a decent amount of your time watching the home broadcasts for 30 different teams and listening for what they say when the franchise player screws up, no?

I mean come on, you don’t have to like Alonso but you’re reaching here.

Last edited:
Must take up a decent amount of your time watching the home broadcasts for 30 different teams, no? I mean come on, you don’t have to like Alonso but you’re reaching here.
Read buddy. Please read. Where did I say I watch all 30 teams home games. I watch the Mets more often than most teams. I never said I watch all 30 teams and the Mets do it more than anyone else. That never happened. You can see many broadcasts of other teams on MLB network during the year. But I watch the Mets more often because I do like Nimmo, McNeil, Marte and Lindor.

Read buddy. Please read. Where did I say I watch all 30 teams home games. I watch the Mets more often than most teams. I never said I watch all 30 teams and the Mets do it more than anyone else. That never happened. You can see many broadcasts of other teams on MLB network during the year. But I watch the Mets more often because I do like Nimmo, McNeil, Marte and Lindor.
Buddy, I can read. What you’re writing just doesn’t make any sense. If you don’t watch the home broadcasts of other teams as often as the Mets, then you can’t make an accurate comparison between them. Pretty simple.

You see a fraction of a team’s season on mlb network, to say that gives you insight on how “most other teams” announcers treat their star player is really a ridiculous claim.

Buddy, I can read. What you’re writing just doesn’t make any sense. If you don’t watch the home broadcasts of other teams as often as the Mets, then you can’t make an accurate comparison between them. Pretty simple.

You see a fraction of a team’s season on mlb network, to say that gives you insight on how “most other teams” announcers treat their star player is really a ridiculous claim.
There’s guys on every team who the home announcers let things slide for.
So you said the same thing I did. You watch all 30 teams?

This is a pretty long thread to get across a message of disdain toward an Emmy award winning trio.

And 2 of the 3 announce either another sport or neutral games on TBS.

Mets announcers are easily the most unbiased of all out there. It’s probably why Mushnick felt compelled to try to discredit them.

So you said the same thing I did. You watch all 30 teams?
I know you’re smart enough to know that’s a generality, which you also agreed with.

You’re the one claiming that the Mets broadcast is more biased than others. So if you’re making that claim, it’s safe to assume you watch just as much of “most of other teams” broadcasts as you do the Mets, correct?

I guess you're not smart enough to know when I say it....it's a generality also. But I should've known that.
Jeez you really can’t just let it go. You’re the one claiming the Mets broadcast is inherently more biased than others. It’s a ridiculous claim that you can’t back up and now you’re calling me dumb. Didn’t expect Muschnick to be a piratecrew guy lol.

Jeez you really can’t just let it go. You’re the one claiming the Mets broadcast is inherently more biased than others. It’s a ridiculous claim that you can’t back up and now you’re calling me dumb. Didn’t expect Muschnick to be a piratecrew guy lol.
Show me where I said they are more biased than others. I said they ignore the flaws of Pete no different than the Yankees ignoring the flaws of Jeter. Stop making crap up.

Show me where I said they are more biased than others. I said they ignore the flaws of Pete no different than the Yankees ignoring the flaws of Jeter. Stop making crap up.
“Watching the Mets more than most other teams, they go beyond”

You’re own words man, claiming the Mets broadcast goes beyond others. All I’m asking is how can you say that if you don’t watch other team’s broadcasts as much as you watch the Mets? See the contradiction in your logic there?

Reactions: Bluebeard
The Mets' trio is known throughout the industry as perhaps the most objective and least biased local broadcast team there is. They criticize Mets players and praise opposition all the time. Just because they didn't harp on this one specific incident doesn't change that.

“Watching the Mets more than most other teams, they go beyond”

You’re own words man, claiming the Mets broadcast goes beyond others. All I’m asking is how can you say that if you don’t watch other team’s broadcasts as much as you watch the Mets? See the contradiction in your logic there?
Nice try. I meant they go beyond when it comes to protecting Alonso, not beyond other broadcast teams across the league.

So I guess RBI's don't mean much to you either? Or his cumulative OPS of .885? You are of course entitled to your opinion. Those who buy your logic would likely fit in a phone booth.
The people in the phone booth look pretty smart these days. When he's not hitting homers...yikes.

Have to agree with you based on his current slump
More than slump. What's he have 4 errors in the last 30 games. Sorry the guy is a homerun hitter and nothing else. Not sure what he contributes to help the team win other than homers. And yes when he hits homers that leads to RBIs, higher OPS, etc. But without the homerun ball it's ugly. Hope for his sake he can get up to .230 but it's really tough to watch.

Judge bet on himself & things couldn't have worked out any better for him. Will be interesting to see what happens with Alonso. He's got another year to right the ship but the pressure has to be getting to him. He's something like 3 for his last 45.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT