ADVERTISEMENT

ST. Joe’s kickin’ NOVA butt…

Being the 3rd best team in Philly isn't too shabby. Penn and St. Joes are tough outs.

How does a team with 4 consecutive quality wins lose to SJU?

Georgetown barely survived Merrimack.

UNC looks like they may fall tonight to a lesser team.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Nova isn’t Nova anymore. Very few let down games with Jay Wright over the last 10 years or so of his tenure. A lot of talent on that Nova team, but just not the same discipline from what I’ve seen since Neptune took over. People wonder why Wright only went 7 or 8 players deep in his rotations; his way or you don’t play.

Reactions: mbraue and LBP43
They lost because they shot 27% from 3 point land. Sound familiar? You don't make 3 pointers you generally lose. They took 37 and made only 10. St Joes was 14 for 27. So St Joes was hot or Villanova was not defending the 3 very well. Sound familiar?

A lot of the same gripes I see on this forum are probably being said over on the Villanova board.

St.Joe’s showed up ready for a rock fight and out hustled Nova all night. They have a pretty good team. But this win was about desire. They punched Nova in the face and Nova never matched their intensity.

Nova losing to St. Joe’s didn’t surprise me but losing by 13 did. I think we’ll see more upsets this season and nothing should surprise us .

Reactions: PMB Pirate
How does a team with 4 consecutive quality wins lose to SJU?

Georgetown barely survived Merrimack.

UNC looks like they may fall tonight to a lesser team.
St. Joes is a good team. Have very good guards including Eric Reynolds who can score from anywhere. The SJU guards outplayed Novas backcourt. Had Kentucky beat two weeks ago only to lose in OT.

Last edited:
St. Joes is a good team. Have very good guards including Eric Reynolds who can score from anywhere. The SJU guards outplayed Novas backcourt. Had Kentucky beat two weeks ago only to lose in OT.
You saved me the post. St. Joe's isn't bad at all, and they came loaded for bear last night.

Villanova has to learn how to respect all their opponents, because they're very good, but not good enough to just show up against a solid intra-city rival and just expect an automatic win.

The Hawk will never die. St Joes has some guys we would like to have on our roster. Very athletic and a decent bench too. They play good D as well.

Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT