ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
This is a difficult one for me because it comes down to my head vs my heart.

Nova is playing their best ball of the year while the Pirates just got destroyed in back to back road losses. That and Nova plays the kind of ball that the Pirates do not handle well.

The fact that the game is home helps, but who knows how many students will show with Spring Break and the bad weather (rain) being a factor?

The key to me is not getting off to a bad start. Do that and the Wildcats will carve up the Hall as we will lose focus and deviate from the game plan.

My heart says Seton Hall. My head says Nova. I'm going with my head and that pains me.

Prove me wrong guys!!!

Nova 69
Pirates 65

Reactions: shu67
Villanova owns us until proven otherwise. It's a win and in game so you'd think Seton Hall will be fired up but you just never know with this group.

VU 65
SH 60

Fired up will not be the problem. Playing smart and staying within the game plan is the key. You have to play intelligent ball for 40 minutes to win this game. No lapses because a team that shoots 3s well can drop 9-12 points on you in a matter of 2-3 minutes and that will turn the game around.

If we can't come out and give them a run for the money,
We might as well take of the one dancing shoe we have on and go home.
The Hall by one... 77-76

Last edited:
Reactions: Turiddu
If we don't beat them now, we never will. Jay Wright is not coaching this team. Pirates 74-68

hard to trust that our guys will want to show up. Seems to be an end of our season. Don’t care about your preseason expectations. This is disappointing to be given an opportunity to make the tournament and handing it away

Nova 79
hall 65

As Bob Murphy used to say,
"we'll be back for the happy recap!" Gary Cohen gets to say it tomorrow
SH 71
VU 65

HALL 77
NOVA 76

As an aside, why do we always play Nova so late in the year and get the healthy Justin Moore!!
God that guy has killed us. Especially as a freshman on that big stage when we could’ve won an outright BE title at home in March 2020. He hit so many pivotal 3’s. Sigh.

Then we had to watch Creighton celebrate after tying us when we didn’t relinquish 1st place all year I think.

Just look at every BE team stat and Nova has better numbers than SHU in most of the categories. That does not bode well for Wednesday night. Nova would have to have an off nite for them to lose. I think they are on a roll and want this game more. So: Nova 70 SHU 62.

200w.gif
I see a team with no 3point D & another beat-down coming 16pt--
Now prove me wrong matey-- (I hope so)

We will come out strong but unfortunately the more consistent team usually prevails in these games.

Nova - 75
Hall - 68

sad to type this, but I have questions: Nova 76 SHU 70
:(

Nova is more talented but shouldn't want it more than the Hall.
This is Pirate's ticket to enter the DANCE.

SHU opens as -2 favorite. Surprising, I thought Nova would be a slight favorite (they were -6.5 last game).

We’re a different team at home so…

SHU 71
Nova 68
I'm surprised we're favored also.Thought we'd be a homedog.

Turning point in our season type game. We pay them back and regain our focus, time to get back to business.
74-65 Hall. If we are losing I fully expect our coaches head to explode. Good Pirates take the court tomorrow night.

I hope to be wrong, but a team that is (currently) deep and playing well, vs a team with no depth that is not playing well and seem out of gas.
VU 74
SHU 61

Reactions: shu67
People forgetting this team was 18-9, 11-5 before two road games that they had no business winning. Anyone who thought we would win in Storrs or Omaha needs their head checked. Get those two games out of your head, Nova is beatable. Pirates get it done as Sha bodies Neptune.

Hall 71
Nova 63

Dixon will have his way inside and Villanova will drain 3 pointers all night end of story. The Pru center is more like a neutral court compared to the other BE arenas. Not really a home court advantage.

My heart says Seton Hall. My head says Nova. I'm going with my head and that pains me.

Prove me wrong guys!!!

Nova 69
Pirates 65
Ya would think I would know better.

Prove me wrong guys!!! Indeed. They did and I should learn never doubt Shaheen Holloway.

Reactions: Pirate Russ
People forgetting this team was 18-9, 11-5 before two road games that they had no business winning. Anyone who thought we would win in Storrs or Omaha needs their head checked. Get those two games out of your head, Nova is beatable. Pirates get it done as Sha bodies Neptune.

Hall 71
Nova 63

Shaheen absolutely bodied Neptune tonight. Do the fans remember we have a good team now?

Turning point in our season type game. We pay them back and regain our focus, time to get back to business.
74-65 Hall. If we are losing I fully expect our coaches head to explode. Good Pirates take the court tomorrow night.
nice call

The difference was one of the bottom teams in the NCAA in terms of 3 point shooting shocking Villanova with a 3 point shooting exhibition that took Villanova out of their game plan. That was the difference. The unexpected happened. We out shot them making 9 out of 23 versus their 9 for 27. No one on this forum would have ever predicted that result.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT