ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Yeah, I think most everyone knew the results of both team's shooting from the arc would dictate the winner.

I never bought the narrative of who wants it more, or if the Pirates would play hard.

I think people might have said we would defend their 3 point shooting better but who would have predicted we would take 23 of them and make 9?

Regarding our D from the arc.

For most of the game we defended the arc well and didn't double low leaving Nova shooter's with a clear view of the basket. Nor did we fall for the Nova head fake which gets defenders out of position for an imm shot or a rotation pass.

I especially like how Richmond, despite his usual tendency of playing free safety closed out on shooters quickly.

Most of the credit goes to Holloway for not only drawing all that up but ensuring that the team followed the game plan.

I felt like after making 3 early 3's in the 2nd half that we fell in love with shooting them a bit. Would have liked to have seen us get back to what we do best. And we did do that the last quarter of the game, driving and hitting free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT