ADVERTISEMENT

The Hall is good.

hallball

Junior
Jun 5, 2001
I was not convinced that the Pirates were a top tier team. The wins at PC and UConn were tainted a little with the injuries to Hopkins and Clingan. Always hopeful but a bit skeptical. Now, there is no doubt. The Pirates are good. They play for each other. They are tough. They know their strengths and weaknesses. They are dangerous. I love how they play.

Agree, SH is a good team. They've shown me a lot over the last few weeks. Need to bounce back off the mat and beat Providence next week.

After that, you take a shot at Marquette on the road, don't slip up at DePaul, take care of Georgetown at home and go into a massive swing game at Villanova. No excuse to be worse than 9-3 heading to Villanova.

With a healthy Kadary, we’re a top tier team in the league. No questions about it. Good learning lesson today on how to close games

Reactions: SOpirate and shu09
Some think Kalkbrenner is "terrible". 28 points, 9 rebounds, ton of blocks and altered shots. I know he is a gawkish looking white kid but give him credit. Terrific player and very smart.
There's a reason he's a two-time BE Defensive POY.

He does all that and manages not to commit many fouls. He's very disciplined defensively.

Some think Kalkbrenner is "terrible". 28 points, 9 rebounds, ton of blocks and altered shots. I know he is a gawkish looking white kid but give him credit. Terrific player and very smart.

He is a terrific offensive big man. In that regard, noticeably ahead of Clingan, though the latter is a better defender.

We’re a good team, but I think we’re vulnerable if we end up with injury to any of our key starters.

a lot of basketball to be played. I just hope we can avoid any losing streaks.

We’re a good team, but I think we’re vulnerable if we end up with injury to any of our key starters.

a lot of basketball to be played. I just hope we can avoid any losing streaks.
Our starting five is good but our bench is not deep.Injuries and foul trouble create problems for us.I think we missed Davis in 3OT today.

Our starting five is good but our bench is not deep.Injuries and foul trouble create problems for us.I think we missed Davis in 3OT today.
And Davis' 5th was on an purposeful foul. Coincidentally, Creighton's bench is even worse and they get fewer % of minutes from it than Seton Hall does.

Seton Hall is a good team. This is an NCAA Tournament team. At 13-6, 6-2 we just need to maintain what we're doing. The bigger issue to me is that all these good teams in the BE have much better outside shooting than we do. It covers a lot of ills. Look at yesterday. We don't have that. That's the one missing piece, even bigger than the bench issue.

There's a reason he's a two-time BE Defensive POY.

He does all that and manages not to commit many fouls. He's very disciplined defensively.
He plays with like zero emotion. And I don’t think he’s very physical for his size. It helps him to maintain composure and not commit fouls.

With a healthy Kadary, we’re a top tier team in the league. No questions about it. Good learning lesson today on how to close games
I'm not really sure what we learned today that we didn't already know. Unfortunately when you're constantly in close games, you're going to occassionally come up short once in a while. Tight game at PC, we made the plays. Down vs Georgetown Wusu comes up with the huge steal. At Butler we made the big plays. You're just not going to win every close game, but the fact is our guys know how to win these games. We know how to use Kadary to get good looks to close out games.

Reactions: Piratz
I'm thinking that if I, as a fan, was hurting this morning after yesterday's game, how must the players feel? I'm glad we have a coach like SHA who will no doubt do his best to keep them on an even keel going in to the Providence game.

I'm not really sure what we learned today that we didn't already know. Unfortunately when you're constantly in close games, you're going to occassionally come up short once in a while. Tight game at PC, we made the plays. Down vs Georgetown Wusu comes up with the huge steal. At Butler we made the big plays. You're just not going to win every close game, but the fact is our guys know how to win these games. We know how to use Kadary to get good looks to close out games.

Shaheen seems to have a very short leash on

Losing yesterday stunk, but to borrow a phrase from another Hall alumn coaching in the Big East “you better get us now because it’s coming.”

This program is on the rise. We know it. The Big East knows it. And soon enough the rest of the country will find out too. Sha is building something special here.

...[sorry]... a short leash on Sanders. Perhaps rightly so, but with a short bench and pressed starters, we will need him moving forward.

We didn’t play a perfect game. There’s a lot that could’ve been done down the stretch defensively that will help us in the future to close the games out.

I'm thinking that if I, as a fan, was hurting this morning after yesterday's game, how must the players feel? I'm glad we have a coach like SHA who will no doubt do his best to keep them on an even keel going in to the Providence game.
Sha will use the loss as motivation.

Sha did a great job managing his emotions, when he rightfully could have blasted the refs in the presser.

Reactions: PiratePride
And Davis' 5th was on an purposeful foul. Coincidentally, Creighton's bench is even worse and they get fewer % of minutes from it than Seton Hall does.

Seton Hall is a good team. This is an NCAA Tournament team. At 13-6, 6-2 we just need to maintain what we're doing. The bigger issue to me is that all these good teams in the BE have much better outside shooting than we do. It covers a lot of ills. Look at yesterday. We don't have that. That's the one missing piece, even bigger than the bench issue.
Davis' fourth was a giveaway also. It came with 22 seconds left in the 1st OT down two. Sha was upset that he gave the foul.

He also committed two within 30 seconds of each other in the first minute of the first OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT