ADVERTISEMENT

The Portal

It’s wild to me that we can’t find a whale or two. That’s the only thing that can get us out from under this mess. I know McBride has been working like hell but why does everything have to be so difficult for us? To hear that Villanova spent $3MM on their roster (yes, their coach underachieved) and we can’t even scrape and claw our way to $1MM is insane to me. Something is very wrong here. I don’t even want to hear that we slept on NIL anymore. We should be able to recover that money in an instant.
We have one very successful alum that has been raised here before; maybe we offer a "Cyber security" major (if we dont already) as that is his passion...have him endow it...name it after him...etc.

he is also a HUGE race car buff (and driver)...we have a large gaming team/program...maybe there is some hook in there for a gaming device/game involving driving that he sponsors/develops....I dont know...but have to find a hook.

Reactions: Hall Is Life
We have one very successful alum that has been raised here before; maybe we offer a "Cyber security" major (if we dont already) as that is his passion...have him endow it...name it after him...etc.

he is also a HUGE race car buff (and driver)...we have a large gaming team/program...maybe there is some hook in there for a gaming device/game involving driving that he sponsors/develops....I dont know...but have to find a hook.
I agree. Whatever it takes.

Reactions: mbraue

I have to think (or at least hope) we have more than ONE very successful alumni. I also have to think this alumni has been contacted or courted by the university or other influential alumni. Maybe he just doesn't care about basketball, NIL, P4P, etc. Not saying we shouldn't keep calling him, but to expect him to hit the beach soon just because he's got a ton of money....

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

I was really hoping Seton Hall could get him out of high school. Imagine he'll have a long list of schools going after him. From Newark, played at Blair.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
And I’m sure ratings will be at an all time high which will only support the free transfer cause. They’ll be able to say that Cinderella isn’t the only thing that draws viewership. I hope I’m wrong but until their pockets get hit, I don’t see these new rules changing anytime soon, if at all.
Ratings have been dropping for the most part. With cord cutting, there are fewer available measurable homes.

Plus, the Final Four games will be on TBS/TNT which will suppress the numbers further.

How is it that UConn can give out such info but we keep our NIL situation as secretive as possible? Dan is even able to get Rutgers information but he can’t get our own.

Here’s an idea— you want donations? Offer transparency.
Transparency isn’t really Seton Hall’s strong suit!

But again, no reporting of numbers has any reliability.
Not exact numbers indeed, but clearly a $100,000 offer to Antonio Reeves to sign some autographs. And another 6 figure offer for another Kentucky player. Then another $49,000 in the actual NIL collective.
And, IMO, the autograph deal I have no problem with. That is what NIL is supposed to be about - doing something off the court based on who they are to earn extra money,

Ratings have been dropping for the most part. With cord cutting, there are fewer available measurable homes.

Plus, the Final Four games will be on TBS/TNT which will suppress the numbers further.
Didn’t they just announce that they are getting record viewership for this point in the tournament or did you mean for the season as a whole

468 donors and $49,410

Compare that with what you guys here have done with our match. You should all be proud.

171 donors and $75,375
Dan, take note that the amount above does not take into consideration the prior campaign signing up those who are also donating monthly?

I have no illusions that eventually their campaign will far surpass ours. But to date they have 300 more donors and $26,000 less money on the link. And that includes a $10K donation from one person.

Of course they also have multiple small donations with the caption fire Calipari.

Does anyone know how the portal actually works. Are players contacted by schools “through” an actual portal? Phone calls to the player? Email? Face to face meeting?How does a school communicate its interest to the player?

Does anyone know how the portal actually works. Are players contacted by schools “through” an actual portal? Phone calls to the player? Email? Face to face meeting?How does a school communicate its interest to the player?
Some coaches text a lot when they are trying to get a player to leave a school....lol

Calls, meetings, agents, advisors, parents, connections etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
How is it that UConn can give out such info but we keep our NIL situation as secretive as possible? Dan is even able to get Rutgers information but he can’t get our own.

Here’s an idea— you want donations? Offer transparency.
It could not be more obvious to me why a school would never disclose the amount. Once disclosed, each player will know exactly his share of the pot. This will cause tumult among teammates and undoubtedly requests for a higher share.

Yes, there is an actual portal (website). That is the official platform but as we all know in many cases this stuff is handled offline thru handlers well before the players name actually appears on the site.

Deuce Turner and Jhamir Brickus (LaSalle transfer and another Seton Hall target) are both from Coatesville, PA. I'd be interested to know if either of them have any sort of relationship with John Allen, who is currently the coach at Coatesville Area High School.
Or to greg jamison

It could not be more obvious to me why a school would never disclose the amount. Once disclosed, each player will know exactly his share of the pot. This will cause tumult among teammates and undoubtedly requests for a higher share.
I dunno…UConn doesn’t seem to have much trouble retaining players and competing for national championships.

The money comes from us. We want transparency. Transparency only helps push donations. It is up to the coaches to then keep the locker room happy. You don’t think these guys talk about their money with each other? I bet they all know how much their teammates are making.

This is why contracts are of the utmost importance. That can’t be stressed enough.

But do the players discuss their shares of the NIL with each other???

But do the players discuss their shares of the NIL with each other???
Some vehemently believe so. I doubt it’s so publicly know.

How much do people disclose their compensation to coworkers? If you do, you’re probably on the low end. Subhuman intelligence.

Reactions: Piratz
Has our women's player committed yet? Any idea where she is looking, and why is she leaving the Hall (though I can make a good guess.)

Gonna go back close to home. Heard Hall was offering like 10 or 20 k and a school from her home state was gonna double the NIL. Sad these kids can portal while end season tournaments are happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT