ADVERTISEMENT

Traci Carter ship has passed

Anyone surprised? Hopefully he at least stays in the Big East, I think Xavier and Marquette have in him. Needs a coach that can control him.

Sweet, so at least The Hall can play against him twice a year and monitor his development...

Originally posted by SPK145:
Be shocked if it's NOT Marquette.

Sorry flnj86.
likely response: "It doesn't matter. We will bring in one or two great recruits and we will be in the top 3 of the Big East next year and go the NCAA Tournament."

All you need to know about our 2016 and 2017 recruiting is how few kids we're after are even interested in visiting especially among the higher rated prospects. Remember when Hill was first hired he spoke to several people at the annual Alumni Day At The Races and the point he made , and several people present posted his comments here, that in order to have recruiting success you need to win . Well we all know how that's going and any lack of recruiting success should not come as a surprise.

that's exactly what he said and looks like, unfortunately.... he is right.

My solution is that we appeal to the NCAA for a waiver on the number of assistant coach's we can have and every year we hire three either HS or AAU coaches and they each bring a top player with them. So at the end of every 4 year recruiting cycle we have 13 assistant coaches and every year we let three coaches go and bring three new ones in and they each bring a player with them.

Originally posted by hallgrad80:
All you need to know about our 2016 and 2017 recruiting is how few kids we're after are even interested in visiting especially among the higher rated prospects. Remember when Hill was first hired he spoke to several people at the annual Alumni Day At The Races and the point he made , and several people present posted his comments here, that in order to have recruiting success you need to win . Well we all know how that's going and any lack of recruiting success should not come as a surprise.
Winning=bigger crowds, more donor support, less liklihood of locker room issues, less chance of off-season defections, better chance of recruiting success, good publicity for the school, more readable message boards....not that this news to anyone here.

dean-wormer.jpg

Seton Hall believes in "double secret" recruiting

This post was edited on 3/10 1:31 PM by SHU90s

Maybe the problem is Willard has been secretly using the SAE fraternity from OU to recruit...

Originally posted by hallgrad80:
Donnie
Satisfy my curiosity , why the cryptic " Too soon."
I think donnie was just commenting on my sometimes irreverent twisted sense of humor...

This post was edited on 3/10 3:46 PM by HALL85

Originally posted by SPK145:
Be shocked if it's NOT Marquette.

Sorry flnj86.
SPK, that Tom Crean clone, is dead right again. News on Zags. Carter to Wojo.

lol

Traci Carter was not a Seton Hall priority, would not have started over Sterling Gibbs,Isaiah Whitehead or Khadeen Carrington. Did Seton Hall even officially offer him?? He gets to start and play major mins at Marquette. Some of you posters talk without knowing facts. When it comes to recruiting knowledge and info, I forgot more than most of you posters and that includes SPK know. On a side note: I was at the Seton Hall vs Florida International baseball game today. Seton Hall 12 FIU 10, the HALL broke out the bats- 12 hits, Dj Ruhlman with a single,triple and homer.

Originally posted by Flnj86:
Traci Carter was not a Seton Hall priority, would not have started over Sterling Gibbs,Isaiah Whitehead or Khadeen Carrington. Did Seton Hall even officially offer him?? He gets to start and play major mins at Marquette. Some of you posters talk without knowing facts. When it comes to recruiting knowledge and info, I forgot more than most of you posters and that includes SPK know. On a side note: I was at the Seton Hall vs Florida International baseball game today. Seton Hall 12 FIU 10, the HALL broke out the bats- 12 hits, Dj Ruhlman with a single,triple and homer.
Glad to read you're out there scouting. Think Ruhlman can play the five?

Originally posted by halltheway:

that's exactly what he said and looks like, unfortunately.... he is right.
Marquette seems to be doing well in recruiting, and they're the undercard to us in a BET play-in game.

Winning always helps, but recruiting is about personality and dynamism.

Marquette doing well is an understatement . Their 5 man class is lead by 5 star top 10 rated Henry Ellenson a power forward and two other top 100 players in SG Haanf Cheatham and C Matt Heldt , both 4 star players. Then add in 4 star PG Traci Carter and 3 star SG Sacar Anim and they've got a very, very good class plus they added bigs in Ellenson and Heldt.

80 - does mentioning ellenson and heldt twice make the class any better? Lol. Just busting your chops. It IS a good class and one I wish we had.

Watched Cheatum in person, not impressed, Heidt is nothing special, only one player the center is an impact player. Do not go by rankings all the time. Louisville offered and took 6 ft 1 in Ryan McMahon's commitment over Traci Carter, Ryan had interest from low D1 schools, but Louisville was his only D1 offer. I watched more than 10 of his games in person and he was very accurate from 3 pt land but he was far off the recruiting radar. I first noticed that he could play at the D1 level, then Dick Vitale watched him in the Sarasota area and kept twitting how he was a great shooter- thus Louisville getting involved. He was farther off the radar than Dalton Soffer, but since committing he has shot up the rankings. Did you know that many of the people that do the HS rankings never played basketball themselves and there are many really good players that go unnoticed and many ranked players that are not as good as their rankings.

This post was edited on 3/10 7:54 PM by Flnj86

Yes, we did know that. In fact we watched it happened right before our eyes this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT