ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbit

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Part 3

Trove: Bryan, before I let you go, is there any parting message you would like me to share with the fans?

Felt: It's such an interesting time in college athletics. It's unique for all of us that are in the industry because we're all dealing with so many changes. But at the end of the day, the purpose remains the same. Making sure our student athletes have the best experience possible at Seton Hall. Every day our job is to make that happen. Making sure they have what they need to compete in the sport they love, making sure they are doing well in school and graduating and becoming quality citizens. That's always what it's been about and it will continue to be that way.

Now we just have some different pieces to the puzzle. I think we've done a really good job here on a lot of those new things and we continue to get better. I think we can't continue to improve regarding NIL without the external support, without support from our constituents, our fans and our alumni. I'm so thankful to all of them who have stepped up and said they’ll help.

Again, that’s going to be on us to cultivate them and to educate them and communicate those needs. I think you’re going to see that and hiring Mike [McBride] was a big piece of that puzzle and I am excited about what he has in store. His office is right next to mine, there’s not less than 20 brainstorming sessions a day between him, me and our incredible external staff. I’m excited to begin to see the fruits of that this fall as well as moving forward.

I think our fans have a lot to look forward to. While I am excited for our fall sports to get up and going with men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, and cross country - I am also excited for the basketball season. I’ve gotten to watch our teams train and practice over the summer and they’re both going to be exciting to watch. Sha and Tony are really excited about what they have, and I am excited for our fans to see them compete because I can tell you one thing, like all our student-athletes, our men’s and women’s basketball programs will play incredibly hard.
The support that they get from our fans who attend the games plays a huge part to a successful season, so we need all our fans and alumni in the stands, we need your support because our student-athletes feed off it.

We have a lot to look forward to in the year ahead between the teams, a new $55 million dollar basketball practice facility project, upcoming NIL endeavors.... there’s so much going on. It’s hard not to be excited and I hope my excitement can carry over even just a bit to our fans and supporters to continue to make our athletic department successful.
Go Pirates!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT