ADVERTISEMENT

TRUMP ADMIN AT 4 WEEKS

Besides nominating a qualified person for the bench, Trump has accomplished nothing, except embroil the country into a possible scandal with his Russian ties. His lack of transparency and constant hyperbole at best lying at his worst is doing damage.

People are jumping up and down happy about a speech he gave that he finally stuck to the script. Does that wipe away the other inane speeches? Does it wipe away is petulent child tweets? No it does not.

Trump lies about We are finally kicking out violent criminal illegals. News flash. This has always been done. What has changed is the type of illegal he is going after. He is a lie machine the Bloviator in Chief.

Let's see what solutions he comes up with because up to this point , there has been none.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
They have to get something done in the end. That will be the true test.

There are a lot of folks in government trying to disrupt his administration and I think they underestimated that badly. The Dems dug their own grave by doing all they could to make Bernie Sanders look bad and then Hillary did not campaign in middle America. They blew it. But as soon as they lost they went into chaos mode - that is create as much chaos as they can for the new administration. See a guy named David Brock who trashed Bernie and is now working through multiple organizations to disrupt everything they can along with Soros. The Trumpies are having a hard enough time not putting their feet in their mouth but are now having to deal with the manufactured chaos too and its hurting them. The average American can't see that. But there are clear signs like having hundreds of lawyers suddenly appear at the airport when no one knew about the poorly executed ban. And HUD changing the acceptance criteria for low income applicants a week before Trump came in knowing the new administration would change it back because it made no sense (as rates are poised to go up) and then the immediate media coverage saying they did not care about the poor. If you watch closely you will see that a lot is going on behind the scenes to create mayhem and the Trump Admin has handled it badly.

I don't like either side but am still hoping Gorsuch gets in and they find a way to improve the falling apart ACA. Not sure it will happen but both parties would rather create chaos when their party does not win than get anything done for us that is crystal clear. The folks in power have to somehow rise above that and I'm not sure these guys have what it takes.

The average American can't see that. But there are clear signs like having hundreds of lawyers suddenly appear at the airport when no one knew about the poorly executed ban.

That's the second time you brought that up.
The travel ban was in the news days before the order was signed. Not sure why you believe this to be some anti trump conspiracy. It was in the news days before it happened. The international refugee assistance program reached out to their contacts asking for lawyers to go to airports the Wednesday before the ban.

And HUD changing the acceptance criteria for low income applicants a week before Trump came in knowing the new administration would change it back because it made no sense (as rates are poised to go up) and then the immediate media coverage saying they did not care about the poor.

That's close, but not quite accurate. There was a reduction in the insurance rates on loans with less than a 5% down payment. Doesn't really have anything to do with current interest rates. Typically you would raise the premium during less stable housing markets and lower it during more stable markets.

It's fine if the new administration did not feel a change was warranted but it would help their case if they could explain why.

Besides nominating a qualified person for the bench, Trump has accomplished nothing, except embroil the country into a possible scandal with his Russian ties. His lack of transparency and constant hyperbole at best lying at his worst is doing damage.

People are jumping up and down happy about a speech he gave that he finally stuck to the script. Does that wipe away the other inane speeches? Does it wipe away is petulent child tweets? No it does not.

Trump lies about We are finally kicking out violent criminal illegals. News flash. This has always been done. What has changed is the type of illegal he is going after. He is a lie machine the Bloviator in Chief.

Let's see what solutions he comes up with because up to this point , there has been none.

The TV media bends over backwards to try to portray everything straight down the middle no matter what. It fits with their pro-establishment slant. So yeah as soon as Trump appears human for two seconds they jump for joy at the ability to be more neutral. Nauseating. Who cares about some nonsense speech? It's not news. What this animal is actually doing or what potential scandals are arising is.

And if you are gonna cover the speech, then cover the stuff he left out. That's more interesting. No mention of climate change or any environmental, what he's going to do with SS & Medicare/Medicaid, the ever widening income gap or income inequality at all, etc. These are real issues that affect every citizen, but don't deal with his typical plate of fear mongering and discussion of the OTHER that his older, white base apparently needs to be be terrified of every minute of the day (Isis, Iranians, Palestinians, black people in Chicago, black people in general, all those maniac brown people that are here to just ravage the country...take your pick).

But thanks to Van Jones (supposedly a progressive...laughable), we instead get more normalization of this unfit, ignorant narcissist. Slowly making what he does & says to just become acceptable and the norm, when its not ok at all.

It's fine if the new administration did not feel a change was warranted but it would help their case if they could explain why.[/QUOTE]

That is an example of the many missteps they have made. They fell right into the trap and did not explain anything thinking they can just run in make all the changes they want without explanation. But isn't it curious that the O Administration made the change just a week before? They knew what they were doing. If you can't see there is a significant amount of money and organized resistance then you are not paying attention. And my point is that the Trump Admin is doing a terrible job of explaining things like this and dealing with the organized resistance. They were naïve and underestimated it.

Reactions: shu09
But isn't it curious that the O Administration made the change just a week before?

Maybe, maybe not... but I don't think we can point to any evidence to suggest that the change was unwarranted either.

If housing values are stable, there is less risk and we can lower the insurance premium. The FHA's Insurance fund’s capital reserve ratio exceeded requirements for two years in a row after their last rate cut (which also occurred in January 2 years prior) which means there was room for a reduction (at least a strong argument for one) ... Although it is also perfectly reasonable for the new administration to say that they need time to review the data before they can approve of any decision.

The TV media bends over backwards to try to portray everything straight down the middle no matter what. It fits with their pro-establishment slant. So yeah as soon as Trump appears human for two seconds they jump for joy at the ability to be more neutral. Nauseating. Who cares about some nonsense speech? It's not news. What this animal is actually doing or what potential scandals are arising is.

And if you are gonna cover the speech, then cover the stuff he left out. That's more interesting. No mention of climate change or any environmental, what he's going to do with SS & Medicare/Medicaid, the ever widening income gap or income inequality at all, etc. These are real issues that affect every citizen, but don't deal with his typical plate of fear mongering and discussion of the OTHER that his older, white base apparently needs to be be terrified of every minute of the day (Isis, Iranians, Palestinians, black people in Chicago, black people in general, all those maniac brown people that are here to just ravage the country...take your pick).

But thanks to Van Jones (supposedly a progressive...laughable), we instead get more normalization of this unfit, ignorant narcissist. Slowly making what he does & says to just become acceptable and the norm, when its not ok at all.

1) The news media is slanted left, everyone knows it. To say they play it down the middle is truly what is laughable.

2) I have a lot of respect for Van Jones. One of the few in the media who, despite his very left views, calls it as he sees it and reaches out to those in the middle and even those on the right. He is an exception to the media at large.

3) "Climate change" is not and should not be a top issue for a president to worry about (funny, it used to be "global warming" until the crazies figured out that wasn't the best verbiage to push their agenda). Earth warms and cools over time, happens to be in a warming trend right now. To think we can do anything about it is so arrogant and typical of human beings. Mother Nature is the most powerful force on this planet. You talk about fear mongering? The entire concept of global warming (oops, sorry, "climate change") is the essence of fear mongering!

The news media is slanted left, everyone knows it. To say they play it down the middle is truly what is laughable.

I think what he meant is that the media isn't going batshit crazy like they would want to because they are trying to appear to be unbiased... yes the media in general is liberal, we have seen some of the craziest moments fro this administration... so they basically congratulate Trump for being not crazy for a couple hours.

Climate change" is not and should not be a top issue for a president to worry about (funny, it used to be "global warming" until the crazies figured out that wasn't the best verbiage to push their agenda). Earth warms and cools over time, happens to be in a warming trend right now. To think we can do anything about it is so arrogant and typical of human beings.

It has always been climate change, - warming period which will shift the jet streams and start to change the climate in various parts of the world. Co2 causes warming. That's not even a debate anymore... what impact it has had / is having on overall climate change is debatable.

To say it is cyclical is wrong, there were events which caused a change each time it happened. The last warning period is believed to have been caused by increased radiation from the sun combined with little volcanic activity which helps to coin the atmosphere... so since those things are not happening today... what has been causing this period of warming? Maybe it is arrogant to think humans could have an impact, but from my view it would be arrogant to believe that we can burn fossils fuel for hundreds of years without any impact.

But... even if we ignore climate change, we have had an emerging technology with renewable energy, why are we not investing in this technology the same way we subsidize the fossil fuel industry? Why are we not the global leader of clean renewable energy? It would create jobs, provide cleaner air , and maybe even slow the pace of climate change... if you don't care about that last part, fine. Focus on the first parts instead.

I agree, we should be investing in green energy. More efficient and cost effective over the long term. Nothing wrong with that, I encourage it. Better for the economy as well.

I just hate the global warming hysteria that we hear from some in the media and politicians.

Reactions: Section112
I agree, we should be investing in green energy. More efficient and cost effective over the long term. Nothing wrong with that, I encourage it. Better for the economy as well.

I just hate the global warming hysteria that we hear from some in the media and politicians.
Agree...politicians only know how to motivate by fear. First chapter in their playbook.

The constant fear mongering about global warming has gotten old. And why do so many countries constantly point the finger at the US when you have countries like China polluting like crazy and no one is talking about Fukishima (sp?) still pouring nuculer (Bush joke) waste into the ocean to this day. We need to protect our environment and treat the world well all the time but we also should not completely overreact to the normal cycles of nature.

Hysteria is all we get from politicians because it works. On the opposite end of the climate change debate we have Fossil Fuel lobbyists spending hundreds of millions of dollars to say that climate change is cyclical and to ignore a scientific consensus on the subject.

Not being a scientist - I have no idea what the human impact on the climate truly is... but my gut tells me that there is a better/cleaner way of obtaining and using energy than mining for and burning fossil fuels... Laying pipelines across our country which don't pose a question of if they will spill, but when.

The constant fear mongering about global warming has gotten old. And why do so many countries constantly point the finger at the US when you have countries like China polluting like crazy and no one is talking about Fukishima (sp?) still pouring nuculer (Bush joke) waste into the ocean to this day. We need to protect our environment and treat the world well all the time but we also should not completely overreact to the normal cycles of nature.

China has cut their Co2 emissions drastically. They also installed 34 gigawatts of solar panels in 2016 alone.

and again, scientists are able to point to a cause of warming / cooling trends when they occur. Whether it be a meteor hitting the earth, solar radiation levels, volcanic activity etc... Why are you convinced the changes are cyclical? Keep in mind there have been hundreds of millions of dollars spent to convince you that they are cyclical and a significantly less amount has been spent to convince you that they are not cyclical.

Last edited:
China has cut their Co2 emissions drastically. They also installed 34 gigawatts of solar panels in 2016 alone.

and again, scientists are able to point to a cause of warming / cooling trends when they occur. Whether it be a meteor hitting the earth, solar radiation levels, volcanic activity etc... Why are you convinced the changes are cyclical? Keep in mind there have been hundreds of millions of dollars spent to convince you that they are cyclical and a significantly less amount has been spent to convince you that they are not cyclical.
Have you been to China lately? It's a smog infested awfully polluted country like you have never seen before. I have and I don't care what the numbers say they are polluting the crap out of the world. I stated my opinion. We need to take care of the environment but scientists are wrong every day so I'm all for reasonable solutions.

Have you been to China lately? It's a smog infested awfully polluted country like you have never seen before. I have and I don't care what the numbers say they are polluting the crap out of the world. I stated my opinion. We need to take care of the environment but scientists are wrong every day so I'm all for reasonable solutions.
Been to Shanghai and the pollution was awful. Between the traffic and older trucks spewing exhaust or the manufacturing plants....grey film on all of the buildings.

We as humans can't effect the weather? Really, Shu09? Yes what we as humans pollute and burn can and does affect the climate and weather. The verbiage was changed because idiot politicians would stand up anytime there was a major snow storm and say "see we got a foot of snow, nothing wrong here."

The melting of the glaciers in Antártica is what the concern is about. The melting of glaciers at the poles is the concern. Year after year, the earth keeps breaking records for the warmest year ever. Is this really just a normal cyclical bump? Almost all scientists say no. Can they be wrong. Absolutely. But, maybe I am dumb. Why as a nation or as global citizen should we not want to reduce CO2 into the atmosphere?

Oh. The oil companies will be pissed. Remember when they said electric cars could not be built? Well, Elon Musk just proved the car and oil companies wrong. Tesla now makes what is arguably the best car manufactured in the world.

The oil companies have been polluting the world. They have manipulated prices. Our reliance had made us dependent on Arab countries for the oil. Incidentally, the US under the Obama us administration has produced more oil in its history. Our dependence has thus been cut.

Reactions: Merge
You must have missed the part where I said this: "I agree, we should be investing in green energy. More efficient and cost effective over the long term. Nothing wrong with that, I encourage it. Better for the economy as well."

Now please carry on with your hysteria...

Reactions: HALL85
I hear you but @shu09 isn't some ugly brainwashed right winger like most of this part of the board.

Appreciate it. Two time Obama voter and didn't vote for Trump or Clinton.

That said, I look at everything with an open mind and not through any partisan lenses. Often leads to opinions and views that are outside of the mainstream left/right paradigm.

Doesn't matter who you voted for. Climate change is real. That you think it is a partisan issue demonstrates that you are not as thoughtful as you (and Bobbie S) think you are.

Doesn't matter who you voted for. Climate change is real. That you think it is a partisan issue demonstrates that you are not as thoughtful as you (and Bobbie S) think you are.

That's your opinion. I disagree. Democrats love to use it to fear monger just like Republicans use terrorism to do the same thing.

Reactions: HALL85
Real. Man made. You believe that your ignorance of science proves you are non partisan?

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Just because there is evidence (not arguing that) doesn't mean it's proven. It will take many decades to prove it.

Even if it did happen because of humans (still very hard for me to believe), we can't reverse it.

That's your opinion. I disagree. Democrats love to use it to fear monger just like Republicans use terrorism to do the same thing.

I disagree with you on both points. It is not about hysteria. It is about doing something to reverse until it gets to be too late. People like to wait until it is too late and then complain later why wasn't anything done before. Well, people are trying to get something done and there are just people who doubt.

Btw, fear mongering on terrorism? Have we not seen enough of terrorism acts?

I agree, we should be investing in green energy. More efficient and cost effective over the long term.

Isn't green energy the most inefficient and costly type of energy when you consider you need to have backup energy generation (read conventional) sources readily available due to the non-consistent nature of green energy? These costs are never included in cost calculations yet are very real problems in actuality. Also take out taxpayer subsidies, which all sources of energy receive, to see the true cost.

And then you have this calculator from the U.S National Center for Atmospheric Research, with funding from EPA, that shows that if you eliminate all the carbon in the world. there is no difference in global temperatures:

https://www.cato.org/carbon-tax-temperature-savings-calculator

Well, Trump's latest tweets are an absolute disgrace. He accused a former President of tapping his phones based on no evidence. This is incredibly irresponsible.

The irony is that if the Justice Dept actually did obtain a warrant to surveil his phones, then there must have been probably cause that he was committing a crime and that evidence would be obtained from the Tap.

Either way, this crazy person needs to be removed from the White House for the good of the country. I would rather see 3 consecutive terms if almost any other republican in the country than have this lunatic there another day.

Well, Trump's latest tweets are an absolute disgrace. He accused a former President of tapping his phones based on no evidence. This is incredibly irresponsible.

The irony is that if the Justice Dept actually did obtain a warrant to surveil his phones, then there must have been probably cause that he was committing a crime and that evidence would be obtained from the Tap.

Either way, this crazy person needs to be removed from the White House for the good of the country. I would rather see 3 consecutive terms if almost any other republican in the country than have this lunatic there another day.
Impeachment...yeah...rigggghhhhttt

Very irresponsible. Show the evidence, investigate, and get to the bottom of this if there is anything to to it. Else, shut up and be investigated yourself for spreading malicious lies. Really quite simple.

You really think the Justice Dept. would act within the law if they wanted to tap his phones for political reasons as Trump alleges?

Isn't green energy the most inefficient and costly type of energy when you consider you need to have backup energy generation (read conventional) sources readily available due to the non-consistent nature of green energy? These costs are never included in cost calculations yet are very real problems in actuality. Also take out taxpayer subsidies, which all sources of energy receive, to see the true cost.

And then you have this calculator from the U.S National Center for Atmospheric Research, with funding from EPA, that shows that if you eliminate all the carbon in the world. there is no difference in global temperatures:

Right now it may not be but I think over the long run it will turn out to be, as with most innovations.

http

This calculator is not from the US National Center for Atmospheric Research or the EPA. It is from the Cato Institute which is the propaganda wing of Koch Industries. The Cato Institute plugged in hidden data in an attempt to prove that carbon taxes would be counter productive. The actual scientific research based on carbon emissions from around the globe tell a much different story. Download the actual calculator and you will see. This is the perfect example of fake news. Are you stupid enough to believe this or intentionally being deceptive.

This calculator is not from the US National Center for Atmospheric Research or the EPA. It is from the Cato Institute which is the propaganda wing of Koch Industries. The Cato Institute plugged in hidden data in an attempt to prove that carbon taxes would be counter productive. The actual scientific research based on carbon emissions from around the globe tell a much different story. Download the actual calculator and you will see. This is the perfect example of fake news. Are you stupid enough to believe this or intentionally being deceptive.

I've done that and see no differences.

Can you provide a link to anything that disputes Cato's calculator, I can't find any?

Can you provide a link to anything that disputes Cato's calculator, I can't find any?
You are lying. You have not downloaded the the calculator from magicc.

You are lying. You did not download the calculator and plug in the numbers.

You are lying. You did not download the calculator and plug in the numbers.

Sure the hell have, it dowloads several directories of data files in an \SG53 folder, you select several emissions scenarios, and you enter parameters.

Are you going to point me in the right direction for disputes over the Cato calculator or not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT