ADVERTISEMENT

Trump won't Protect NATO

They've recognized the US is weaker since Joe got in. That's why they did this 2022 not 2018.
lol, your arguments conflict with each other. So you really want to weaken even further by the US discontinuing funding and military support for Ukraine. Way to be inconsistent.

lol, your arguments conflict with each other. So you really want to weaken even further by the US discontinuing funding and military support for Ukraine. Way to be inconsistent.
Good to see no denying from you that the US on the world stage is weaker with Biden than Trump. I also don't think endless funding to the Ukraine is a good thing. In the end Putin isn't going after a NATO ally. Trump's a friggin whacko and these dictators know he'll cut their balls off if they don't play nice in the sandbox. He may play nice with them to the public but behind closed doors it must be nasty since things like this didn't happen. Isis was gone. Hamas wasn't doing anything. More things were diffused than ignited around the world. Joe's just going to give money away and build a debt that will one day haunt us and like the Russian debt haunted them at the end of the cold war. For someone who tells me I ignore history you might want to read up on the Russian debt situation at the end of the cold war. I can't imagine Iran talking to Trump the way they talked to us after 3 soldiers died.

Last edited:
Good to see no denying from you that the US on the world stage is weaker with Biden than Trump. I also don't think endless funding to the Ukraine is a good thing. In the end Putin isn't going after a NATO ally. Trump's a friggin whacko and these dictators know he'll cut their balls off if they don't play nice in the sandbox. He may play nice with them to the public but behind closed doors it must be nasty since things like this didn't happen. More things were diffused than ignited around the world. Joe's just going to give money away and build a debt that will one day haunt us and like the Russian debt haunted them at the end of the cold war. For someone who tells me I ignore history you might want to read up on the Russian debt situation at the end of the cold war.
Trump will give Russia what they want. He is a dictator’s best friend. You have it completely backwards. You make this assumption that dictators feared him because there was no invasion when he was President. Well that is a leap of logic without proof. Biden is far tougher on Russia and is doing a very good job managing these crisis without expanding the war. A difficult nuanced approach that is lost on Trump and his supporters. And talking about debt, you were not so vocal about adding to the debt when Trump was president. $8 trillion in 4 years. It took Obama to spend that amount in 8 years.

Trump will give Russia what they want. He is a dictator’s best friend. You have it completely backwards. You make this assumption that dictators feared him because there was no invasion when he was President. Well that is a leap of logic without proof. Biden is far tougher on Russia and is doing a very good job managing these crisis without expanding the war. A difficult nuanced approach that is lost on Trump and his supporters. And talking about debt, you were not so vocal about adding to the debt when Trump was president. $8 trillion in 4 years. It took Obama to spend that amount in 8 years.
Please explain everything he gave them first go around. The first 3 years the debt grew at the same rate it grew under Obama. No drastic changes. Then the pandemic hit, and stimulus packages and every thing else needed to be done. The debt spiked. If he didn't give out money what would you say? You act like the pandemic was normal times and he should be judged accordingly. With that said every administration has been horrible at cutting spending, Trump included. I've always said we need to cut spending. My favorite clip is the guy telling Obama to balance a budget and checkbook. Also been against spending like crazy on everyone else.

Last edited:
His comments aren't about this issue. It is philosophy. He wants to be the dictator. Like all his heroes.

His comments aren't about this issue. It is philosophy. He wants to be the dictator. Like all his heroes.
That's the beauty of our country. We're the first country in the history of the world where our first elected leader could've made himself king, yet stepped down from power and had a system in place denied those very people from having those authorities. Most of them were uneducated but put together a system that these Harvard and Yale elites couldn't put together. If you don't trust in the system from denying anyone from becoming a dictator we might as well blow up the whole system.

The first 3 years the debt grew at the same rate it grew under Obama. No drastic changes. Then the pandemic hit, and stimulus packages and every thing else needed to be done. You act like the pandemic was normal times and he should be judged accordingly. With that said every administration has been horrible at cutting spending, Trump included. I've always said we need to cut spending. My favorite clip is the guy telling Obama to balance a checkbook. Also been against cutting spending.

Do you read your arguments? So what happened when Obama came into office? The Great Recession. The bailouts of the banking and insurance industries. We were experiencing the worst economy since the Great Depression. So you are saying that Trump, who came into a great economy and had no crisis until CoVid spent the same as Obama who had to deal with the aftermath of the Great Recession.

I bet you never said a word about Trump increasing the debt. You make Biden out to be some great spender. But he spent far less and he had to deal with CoVid as well.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
This is jeopardizing the security of the world. And we have people talking about money. At least the Senate passed finding for Ukraine and Israel with 22 Republican Senators voting for the funding.
This is false, mass hysteria. Who was it that said the 1980's called, they want their foreign policy back?

To the point of my post earlier in this thread, if this so dire why are we just funneling money to perpetuate an unwinnable war? If this was really to protect the world, shouldn't we be doing more? That would mean boots in the ground if this was so important. It's not.

Sending taxpayer funds to Ukraine, Israel, etc. is just war mongering. But Raytheon and Lockheed Martin are happy.

Reactions: HALL85
I bet you never said a word about Trump increasing the debt. You make Biden out to be some great spender. But he spent far less and he had to deal with CoVid as well.
Biden spent less than Trump? Um no, both are/were horrific on spending.

Do you read your arguments? So what happened when Obama came into office? The Great Recession. The bailouts of the banking and insurance industries. We were experiencing the worst economy since the Great Depression. So you are saying that Trump, who came into a great economy and had no crisis until CoVid spent the same as Obama who had to deal with the aftermath of the Great Recession.

It was a better economy, not a great economy. Joe had to deal with Covid, but Trump didn't? Do you read your own arguments. Who dealt with the worst part of the pandemic? Can you remind me?

To the point of my post earlier in this thread, if this so dire why are we just funneling money to perpetuate an unwinnable war?

Just depends what winnable means here. There is certainly a path where the fighting stops and an agreement is reached.

The chance of that happening without US support is unlikely. The path is US support and exhaustion of Russia. We need to show we're committed to that path. Russia wants us to be wavering so we're less and less committed to helping and Putin will have more and more leverage for Russia to take what it wants of Ukraine.

Reactions: cernjSHU
Biden spent less than Trump? Um no, both are/were horrific on spending.
I am no mathematician. But $7.8 Trillion is a lot more than $6 trillion. Neither good on spending but at least there was a lot of good in the spending Biden had, i.e. infrastructure. More importantly, Trump supporters keep talking about the debt spending of Biden when their own candidate was worse. I don't hear Biden supporters talking up Biden concenring spending. There is an acknowledgement that he has spent a lot and contributed to the debt. However, spending to support Ukraine and Israel and Taiwan are good investments. But there is some alternative universe of Trump and his cult that think he is great with the economy and spending which is just a joke.

I am no mathematician. But $7.8 Trillion is a lot more than $6 trillion. Neither good on spending but at least there was a lot of good in the spending Biden had, i.e. infrastructure. More importantly, Trump supporters keep talking about the debt spending of Biden when their own candidate was worse. I don't hear Biden supporters talking up Biden concenring spending. There is an acknowledgement that he has spent a lot and contributed to the debt. However, spending to support Ukraine and Israel and Taiwan are good investments. But there is some alternative universe of Trump and his cult that think he is great with the economy and spending which is just a joke.
Amazing how you know about the Great Recession and Joe having to deal with the economy 11 months into Covid, but you can't figure out what Trump was on pace to spend prior to covid. And that was shit luck, if Joe was at the helm when it happened you wouldn't be blaming him for that massive spike in spending because a pandemic happened.

It was a better economy, not a great economy. Joe had to deal with Covid, but Trump didn't? Do you read your own arguments. Who dealt with the worst part of the pandemic? Can you remind me?
Uhm Covid hit March of 2020. Trump had to deal with CoVid for less than a year. Biden had to deal with CoVid and then the after effects of Covid spending, supply chain issues, drought and wars and yet somehow the stock market is at a record high. Plus, I don't claim that Biden hasn't spent. I am not talking luck. It is what it is. No ifs and or buts.

Uhm Covid hit March of 2020. Trump had to deal with CoVid for less than a year.
True or false, that was the most uncertain of times. 11 months in there were already vaccines that were created under who? People were already comfortable going to back to work 11 months in. I would say that impacts thing a lot.

That's the beauty of our country. We're the first country in the history of the world where our first elected leader could've made himself king, yet stepped down from power and had a system in place denied those very people from having those authorities. Most of them were uneducated but put together a system that these Harvard and Yale elites couldn't put together. If you don't trust in the system from denying anyone from becoming a dictator we might as well blow up the whole system.
And that's exactly what Trump wants to do. If elected, his top priority for the next 4 years will undoubtedly be seeking a loophole to give himself the power to, at minimum, abolish the term limit for a president but preferably blow up the whole system and anoint himself Dictator/King.

He wants to be to the US what Putin is to Russia.

Most of them were uneducated but put together a system that these Harvard and Yale elites couldn't put together.

Many of the people who were involved in drafting the constitution and declaration of independence were Ivy educated "elites"..

That's the beauty of our country. We're the first country in the history of the world where our first elected leader could've made himself king, yet stepped down from power and had a system in place denied those very people from having those authorities.

And Trump was the first one who was actively trying to find the flaws within that system to stay in power.

And that's exactly what Trump wants to do. If elected, his top priority for the next 4 years will undoubtedly be seeking a loophole to give himself the power to, at minimum, abolish the term limit for a president but preferably blow up the whole system and anoint himself Dictator/King.

WOW, just WOW. TDS at it's finest. Congrats to you sir. Well done. Tell me, do you think he'll undo the supreme court and get rid of Congress, use the military in all of our cities, cancel elections.

Many of the people who were involved in drafting the constitution and declaration of independence were Ivy educated "elites"..
Ben Franklin had 2 years of education
George Washington was said to be embarrassed he had no formal education, yet probably understood more of what he was doing than the scholars behind him in Adams and Jefferson. I could be wrong but I didn't learn in school where Adams or Jefferson said hey buddy time to step down, we screwed up with no term limits, so back away. Washington was a leader who understood his precedent would stop potential dictators.

George Washington was said to be embarrassed he had no formal education, yet probably understood more of what he was doing than the scholars behind him in Adams and Jefferson. I could be wrong but I didn't learn in school where Adams or Jefferson said hey buddy time to step down, we screwed up with no term limits, so back away. Washington was a leader who understood his precedent would stop potential dictators.
Yes, let's denigrate Adams and Jefferson. Why not include Madison and Monroe as well.

First, the story that Washington could have made himself king is a fable. He was corresponding by letter to another officer in the army who suggested it. Washington rejected the notion. There was no real suggestion by anyone with power and influence that Washington become King. It is not like Mark Anthony offering the crown thrice to Caesar.

Second, what Washington should be commended is that after he came President, he gave up power and installed the tradition of peaceful transition of power. Something that Trump violated and doesn't believe in.

Yes, let's denigrate Adams and Jefferson. Why not include Madison and Monroe as well.

First, the story that Washington could have made himself king is a fable. He was corresponding by letter to another officer in the army who suggested it. Washington rejected the notion. There was no real suggestion by anyone with power and influence that Washington become King. It is not like Mark Anthony offering the crown thrice to Caesar.

Second, what Washington should be commended is that after he came President, he gave up power and installed the tradition of peaceful transition of power. Something that Trump violated and doesn't believe in.
So you're saying Washington couldn't have held the reigns til death? Call it king or whatever you want, he could've been leader of the country for 25 years if he wanted and time permitted. That was never off the table.

Biden has spent WAY more than Trump.

Federal Spending By Year:

2017 - 3981634
2018 - 4109047
2019 - 4446960
2020 - 6553621
2021 - 6822470
2022 - 6273324
2023 estimate - 6371827
2024 estimate - 6882738

Take out 2020 and 2021. Both are still terrible on spending, Biden on steroids spending.

Last edited:
George Washington was said to be embarrassed he had no formal education, yet probably understood more of what he was doing than the scholars behind him in Adams and Jefferson.

Washington was obviously very wise. Those who drafted the constitution and declaration were not "mostly uneducated" as you suggested and you're denigration of "Ivy elites" was silly. Many of the founders were Ivy elites.

Reactions: Seton75
WOW, just WOW. TDS at it's finest. Congrats to you sir. Well done. Tell me, do you think he'll undo the supreme court and get rid of Congress, use the military in all of our cities, cancel elections.
Lol, typical. No response so you fall back to the tried and true "TDS" bs.

Do I think he'll succeed in any of that? No. Do I think he wants to and will try to some extent? Yes. He was already the first president ever to not submit to a peaceful transition of power and he's already publicly vowed to, if elected, use his power to seek retribution on his political opponents. He's demonstrated countless times that he thinks he's above the law. The only thing he cares about is power and his top priority will be staying in power. It doesn't mean he'll succeed, but should he win, I'd be shocked if he just walked away in 4 years with no effort to remain in office beyond the term.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
He's demonstrated countless times that he thinks he's above the law. The only thing he cares about is power and his top priority will be staying in power.
You've described 75% of all politicians in the last 50 years, but you think it only applies to Trump, that's TDS,

You've described 75% of all politicians in the last 50 years, but you think it only applies to Trump, that's TDS,
Why don't you address the rest of the post rather than cherry picking the part you want? Yes they all care about self preservation but, he's taken it to a new extreme that hasn't been seen before in this country. Name 1 besides him who tried to overturn a presidential election rather than submit to a peaceful transition of power.

Do I think he'll succeed in any of that? No.
Of course he won't. The system isn't designed for that.

Do I think he wants to and will try to some extent? Yes.
That's good, I don't. I think he knows he'd done after 4 more years and has his next guy to take his spot.
He was already the first president ever to not submit to a peaceful transition of power and he's already publicly vowed to, if elected, use his power to seek retribution on his political opponents.

It doesn't mean he'll succeed, but should he win, I'd be shocked if he just walked away in 4 years with no effort to remain in office beyond the term.
That's good, I disagree. so what?

Did i get every part of your post now?

Yeah Jefferson was such a backwoods, uneducated guy. John Adams graduated from Harvard...lol!!! Sam too. Stockton went to Princeton.

Of course he won't. The system isn't designed for that.

That's good, I don't. I think he knows he'd done after 4 more years and has his next guy to take his spot.

That's good, I disagree. so what?

Did i get every part of your post now?
1. Fortunately.
2. I hope you're right, but he already fought like hell to stay in office after being legitimately removed once, so there is precedence for concern that he'll do it again.
3. He can walk back ill-advised comments, cool.
4. See #2

Yeah Jefferson was such a backwoods, uneducated guy. John Adams graduated from Harvard...lol!!! Sam too. Stockton went to Princeton.
Tell me what college was all about in the 1700s. Colleges back then were attended by 14 and 15 year olds. They weren't studying world history and various government styles. They were centered around Congressional and Puritan faith and educating those who had a family business on how to be good leaders. Let me know when the Harvard and Princeton go back to focusing on moral character of the man instead of what we know as education today. When Faith based education becomes the modern Ivy Elites that will be a good day for this country.

Biden has spent WAY more than Trump.

Federal Spending By Year:

2017 - 3981634
2018 - 4109047
2019 - 4446960
2020 - 6553621
2021 - 6822470
2022 - 6273324
2023 estimate - 6371827
2024 estimate - 6882738

Take pout 2020 and 2021. Both are still terrible on spending, Biden on steroids spending.
Trump's first budget applies to FY 2019 to 2021.
Biden's Budget applies to FY 2022 to FY 2025.

you just can’t take out years. The situation is what it is. The debt has gone up more under Trump than Biden. It went up $8 Trillion under Trump and $6 trillion under Biden. Still less than Trump Even if he has a year more to go. Biden actually has done great things with spending such as infrastructure. Trump just squandered good years and cut taxes and spent. However, all the talk is from Trump and his supporters are about how bad Biden is with the debt going up. Trump was worse or at the least the same when it comes to the debt. This myth that Trump is good for the economy is a fallacy.

Tell me what college was all about in the 1700s. Colleges back then were attended by 14 and 15 year olds. They weren't studying world history and various government styles.

You're just making stuff up now. Just say you were wrong about the founders not being "the elites" back then and move on.

You're just making stuff up now. Just say you were wrong about the founders not being "the elites" back then and move on.

This is crazy talk. No Trump supporter here, but this view is absolutely nuts.

Reactions: SOpirate
So you're saying Washington couldn't have held the reigns til death? Call it king or whatever you want, he could've been leader of the country for 25 years if he wanted and time permitted. That was never off the table.
That was never really a thing. Washington didn’t want to serve a third term. He really didn’t want to serve a second term. One President that does not credit to the peaceful transition of power is Adams. He lost to Jefferson because the electoral college changed due to the 3/5 Compromise. Otherwise, he would have beat Jefferson. The 1800 election was certainly a wild one. Adams was encouraged not to give up the presidency. He actually refused that notion and followed in the footsteps of Washington. However, the big difference here was that Adams wanted to serve another term and Washington did not.

This is crazy talk. No Trump supporter here, but this view is absolutely nuts.
I don’t think this is crazy talk. Trump and his supporters cloak themselves in labels like Patriots. However, they are far from it. But I have a lot of Friends who are Trumpers and they would certainly be looking for a third term. His supporters want him and only him. Everyone else is a subject. Let’s look at what Trump just did at the RNC. He is going to put his daughter in law as co-chair of the RNC. lol. No this doesn’t look like a third world dictator trick.

Last edited:
That was never really a thing. Washington didn’t want to serve a third term. He really didn’t want to serve a second term. One President that does not credit to the peaceful transition of power is Adams. He lost to Jefferson because the electoral college changed due to the 3/5 Compromise. Otherwise, he would have beat Jefferson. The 1800 election was certainly a wild one. Adams was encouraged not to give up the presidency. He actually refused that notion and followed in the footsteps of Washington. However, the big difference here was that Adams wanted to serve another term and Washington did not.
It was never a thing because Washington never made it a thing. You're denying that if he wanted it to be a thing, he could've just kept running and winning because I believe going into 1800 some ridiculous number like 75% of the people wanted him again.

That link doesn't say what you think it says.
Their curriculum included logic, ethics and politics, arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, Greek, Hebrew, rhetoric and religion in the early years. Of course they studied history.

That link doesn't say what you think it says.
Their curriculum included logic, ethics and politics, arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, Greek, Hebrew, rhetoric and religion in the early years. Of course they studied history.
The link doesn't say what you say it says. I watched the beanpot last night and just thinking of the 4 schools HU, BC, BU, and NU all are so much more advanced than a 1750 Harvard education. Nobody is confusing those with BU and NU degrees as Ivy Elites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT