ADVERTISEMENT

Trump won't Protect NATO

I don’t think this is crazy talk. Trump and his supporters cloak themselves in labels like Patriots. However, they are far from it. But I have a lot of Friends who are Trumpers and they would certainly be looking for a third term. His supporters want him and only him. Everyone else is a subject. Let’s look at what Trump just did at the RNC. He is going to put his daughter in law as co-chair of the RNC. lol. No this doesn’t look like a third world dictator trick.

It looks like nepotism, actually. Not dictatorial.

I don’t think this is crazy talk. Trump and his supporters cloak themselves in labels like Patriots. However, they are far from it. But I have a lot of Friends who are Trumpers and they would certainly be looking for a third term. His supporters want him and only him. Everyone else is a subject. Let’s look at what Trump just did at the RNC. He is going to put his daughter in law as co-chair of the RNC. lol. No this doesn’t look like a third world dictator trick.
Out of curiosity was FDR a dictator because he went more than 2 terms? I sure as hell don't think so. Anyone looking for an 82 year old man to be elected at this point in time is crazy, whether it's Biden now or Trump in 4 years.

It was never a thing because Washington never made it a thing. You're denying that if he wanted it to be a thing, he could've just kept running and winning because I believe going into 1800 some ridiculous number like 75% of the people wanted him again.
I am not trying to diminish Washington. But there is a difference to someone who enjoys and wants to stay in power and then voluntarily relinquishes it to someone who didn’t enjoy the job and wanted to leave I.

The link doesn't say what you say it says. I watched the beanpot last night and just thinking of the 4 schools HU, BC, BU, and NU all are so much more advanced than a 1750 Harvard education. Nobody is confusing those with BU and NU degrees as Ivy Elites.

You're on a wild tangent now to somehow disprove the founders were not a part of "the elites".

Here is the early curriculum for reference.

The four-year course was reduced to three to encourage students to return, and courses were so arranged that all students worked on related subjects each day. The schedule was: Monday and Tuesday mornings, logic (first year), ethics and politics (second year), arithmetic, geometry, and astronomy (third year), with study and disputation periods in the afternoons; Wednesday, Greek; Thursday, Hebrew; Friday, rhetoric; Saturday, divinity catechetical and, for freshmen, history and the nature of plants. This schedule made it possible for the president to conduct all the classes and still have time for administrative duties, and it followed the advice of Pierre de LaRamee that students should have a lecture on each subject, followed in turn by individual study, recitation, discussion, and disputation. In 1655 the first year was expanded to two years, more attention being given to the study of Greek, Hebrew, logic, and metaphysics.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Out of curiosity was FDR a dictator because he went more than 2 terms? I sure as hell don't think so. Anyone looking for an 82 year old man to be elected at this point in time is crazy, whether it's Biden now or Trump in 4 years.
Well, when FDR was President there was no 22nd Amendment limiting terms Now there is an amendment against seeking more than two terms So, now it would be unconstitutional. And there is no way he would ever have support to get rid of the 22 Amendment. The constant defense of a man who is an anathema to the true ideals of a Us President is unbelievable.

Trump's first budget applies to FY 2019 to 2021.
Biden's Budget applies to FY 2022 to FY 2025.
I'm not so sure those dates lineup but I'll play along. How does Trump only have 3 years? I added his 4th.

All of the below from whitehouse.gov. (https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/historical-tables/)

Spending
Trump

2018 = $4,109,047,000
2019 = $4,446,960,000
2020 = $6,553,621,000
2021 = $6,822,470,000
Total = $21,932,098,000

Biden
2022 = $6,273,324,000
2023 = $6,134,000,000
2024(e) = $6,882,738,000
2025(e) = $7,090,942,000
Total = $26,381,004,000

Trump is poor on spending but basic math tells me Biden spends more than Trump.

Federal Debt
Trump (FY 2018 -2021)

FY 2017 = $20,205,704,000
FY 2021 = $28,385,562,000
Trump Debt = $8,179,858,000

Biden (FY 2022 -2025)
FY 2021 =$28,385,562,000
FY 2024(e) = $36,820,962,000
Biden Debt = $8,435,400,000

Close on the debt but over $2 trillion per year for each is just crazy.

I'm not so sure those dates lineup but I'll play along. How does Trump only have 3 years? I added his 4th.

All of the below from whitehouse.gov. (https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/historical-tables/)

Spending
Trump

2018 = $4,109,047,000
2019 = $4,446,960,000
2020 = $6,553,621,000
2021 = $6,822,470,000
Total = $21,932,098,000

Biden
2022 = $6,273,324,000
2023 = $6,134,000,000
2024(e) = $6,882,738,000
2025(e) = $7,090,942,000
Total = $26,381,004,000

Trump is poor on spending but basic math tells me Biden spends more than Trump.

Federal Debt
Trump (FY 2018 -2021)

FY 2017 = $20,205,704,000
FY 2021 = $28,385,562,000
Trump Debt = $8,179,858,000

Biden (FY 2022 -2025)
FY 2021 =$28,385,562,000
FY 2024(e) = $36,820,962,000
Biden Debt = $8,435,400,000

Close on the debt but over $2 trillion per year for each is just crazy.
neither of these guys are going to be around long enough to suffer the debt. its a dumb cliche that boomers/silent gen are ruining the country for their kids.... this is an actual example. and why neither guy should be president. its as simple as republican voters having spines and not being idiots. dont elect trump and we can avoid another 4 years of massive spending.

neither of these guys are going to be around long enough to suffer the debt. its a dumb cliche that boomers/silent gen are ruining the country for their kids.... this is an actual example. and why neither guy should be president. its as simple as republican voters having spines and not being idiots. dont elect trump and we can avoid another 4 years of massive spending.
If neither guy should be president why are only republicans idiots?

Wouldn’t there be even more massive spending if Biden is re-elected?

If neither guy should be president why are only republicans idiots?

Because republicans had a primary and are choosing Trump, while they had better candidates available that would have won fairly easily. If Trump is on the ballot, republicans are going to lose a lot of down ballot races they should have won.

Wouldn’t there be even more massive spending if Biden is re-elected?

Maybe. Neither are actually running for something so it’s hard to guess what legislation they would pass.
I don’t think cutting spending is on the table for anyone.

Because republicans had a primary and are choosing Trump, while they had better candidates available that would have won fairly easily. If Trump is on the ballot, republicans are going to lose a lot of down ballot races they should have won.
Wasn't this similar to 2020 when there were much better candidates than Biden, but they collapsed the field because they thought none of them could beat Trump? Now they don't have the fortitude to ask Biden to step aside, fully knowing he is incapable of leading the country in his declining capacity.
Maybe. Neither are actually running for something so it’s hard to guess what legislation they would pass.
I don’t think cutting spending is on the table for anyone.
We can only go by previous results and BIden has outspent Trump (although both are guilty of it).

Wasn't this similar to 2020 when there were much better candidates than Biden, but they collapsed the field because they thought none of them could beat Trump?

Not really, and really it's the opposite. Dems collapsed the field around the guy they thought could beat Trump, and they were correct. Republicans are picking the guy who will have the worst chance to beat Biden.

Now they don't have the fortitude to ask Biden to step aside, fully knowing he is incapable of leading the country in his declining capacity.
Republicans just blocked a chance to help the border because Trump said so and you want to talk fortitude? While I wouldn't accuse Democrats of having much fortitude to do what is right, the entire republican party is afraid of Trump.

We can only go by previous results and BIden has outspent Trump (although both are guilty of it).

Well, every president will spend more than the previous once did. You'd really have to look at spending and revenues and the impact on the deficit by legislation passed. I'd probably remove things that they didn't have control over as well like pandemic aid and related interest payments. Biden's interest payments were already going to be hundreds of billions higher than they were under Trump because of pandemic impacts that were in place before he got into office. It would be disingenuous to suggest he is responsible for all of it.

Reactions: SHUSA
Not really, and really it's the opposite. Dems collapsed the field around the guy they thought could beat Trump, and they were correct. Republicans are picking the guy who will have the worst chance to beat Biden.

Republicans just blocked a chance to help the border because Trump said so and you want to talk fortitude? While I wouldn't accuse Democrats of having much fortitude to do what is right, the entire republican party is afraid of Trump.

Well, every president will spend more than the previous once did. You'd really have to look at spending and revenues and the impact on the deficit by legislation passed. I'd probably remove things that they didn't have control over as well like pandemic aid and related interest payments. Biden's interest payments were already going to be hundreds of billions higher than they were under Trump because of pandemic impacts that were in place before he got into office. It would be disingenuous to suggest he is responsible for all of it.
And there’s the rub. As we retire debt, we reissue at higher interest rates and increase the debt service. No politician talks about running at a surplus. If anything, they may tease to reduces the deficit. But a reduced deficit still adds to the debt load.

It spirals until somehow, someone realizes we have to spend less than we make to reduce the debt (not the deficit). Our government is like a high school kid with his first credit card, only no one bails out the US.

And the democrats aren't idiots for foisting on us a clearly impaired, unqualified candidate for president like Biden?

Reactions: HALL85
And the democrats aren't idiots for foisting on us a clearly impaired, unqualified candidate for president like Biden?

Incumbent gets the spot of they want it, and republicans won't support a candidate that will beat the clearly impaired candidate.

btw, I am less convinced Biden will be on the ballot in November that I am Trump. It's too late for a primary and politically, it makes more sense to replace Biden in June than it does to replace him in February.

It spirals until somehow, someone realizes we have to spend less than we make to reduce the debt (not the deficit).

It's impossible to do for these politicians. Reducing spending is popular until you have to articulate what you want to cut. Increasing taxes is always unpopular.

It's much easier to stay in power if you don't stand for anything and just say why the other party is bad.

Reactions: sami
Hard to have an election when half your country is being ravaged by the armies of an actual dictator that have left 500k dead and counting.

No one is excusing Putin but please educate yourself on Ukraine and the sinister actions internally by their own “govt”

You’re extremely naive

No one is excusing Putin but please educate yourself on Ukraine and the sinister actions internally by their own “govt”

You’re extremely naive
Ukraine was a relatively well functioning democracy until Putin started meddling in their elections as soon as they started showing interest in joining the west.

Since you’re so immersed in Ukrainian history, I’m sure you know all about Putin’s brutal puppet dictator Yanukovich, the orange revolution (no, not referring to trump’s spray tan), and all of the atrocities committed by the pro-Moscow regime.

Not many things in the world are black & white but this war is. Putin is evil and his war of conquest against the Ukrainian people must be stopped. After it’s over then we can deal with whatever it is you read on 4chan.

btw, I am less convinced Biden will be on the ballot in November that I am Trump. It's too late for a primary and politically, it makes more sense to replace Biden in June than it does to replace him in February.
That is a very good point. Democrats as a party do what they want. They wanted Hilary over Bernie despite where the constituents were starting to lean, so they put her there. They wanted to get rid of Trump and pushed to Joe. They likely know who they want in November so rather than put Joe through a shit show, just have him step back late in the process and put up who they want.

An American journalist recently died in a Ukrainian prison.
His crime?
Criticizing the Dictatorship of Zelensky

It’s a total totalitarian shitshow in Ukraine with this puppet govt

In a very interesting article and chart, border crossing were at a low levels that were not seen since the early 1970’’s during the Obama years Then there is a spike during the Trump years which there was only a dip due to CoVid. Then another spike after Covid. If Trump is so great for immigration, why did it spike under his administration after the lows during Obama?

The levels now are just above the levels in the 1980’s during Reagan. And the late 1990’s during Clinton until 9/11

In a very interesting article and chart, border crossing were at a low levels that were not seen since the early 1970’’s during the Obama years Then there is a spike during the Trump years which there was only a dip due to CoVid. Then another spike after Covid. If Trump is so great for immigration, why did it spike under his administration after the lows during Obama?

That's the part that these conversations are always missing. Border interactions have much less to do with what is going inside the US than outside. People aren't trying to come here because of a shift in US border policy. They are coming here because the situation in their country got worse.

Unfortunately the conditions in those countries has caused a large increase in the amount of people trying to come here and we have not done enough to try and help the border states deal with that.

My biggest knock on Biden has been the administrations ineffectiveness on the border. Not giving him a pass for failing to address it earlier but the fact that republicans blocked an attempt to help is mind boggling. Trump has made the republican party a complete joke.

From the CBP:

Obama 2013 420769
Obama 2014 486651
Obama 2015 337117
Obama 2016 415816
Obama Average 415088.25

Trump 2017 310531
Trump 2018 404142
Trump 2019 859501
Trump 2020 405036
Trump Average 494802.5

Biden 2021 1956219
Biden 2022 2766582
Biden 2023 3201244
Biden 2024TD 1231313
Biden Average 2904496

Trump was better than Obama except for that 2019 spike.

Biden? Just horrible.

Unfortunately the conditions in those countries has caused a large increase in the amount of people trying to come here and we have not done enough to try and help the border states deal with that.
BS, Biden openly encouraged one and all to come here.

I can’t

Exactly. It doesn’t make sense for the narratives that these people were waiting for an invite. Trump certainly wasn’t welcoming and encounters doubled that year.

Biden hasn’t helped, but he also said two years ago "Don't come over," … "Don't leave your town or city or community."

They don’t care what politicians are saying.

From the CBP:

Obama 2013 420769
Obama 2014 486651
Obama 2015 337117
Obama 2016 415816
Obama Average 415088.25

Trump 2017 310531
Trump 2018 404142
Trump 2019 859501
Trump 2020 405036
Trump Average 494802.5

Biden 2021 1956219
Biden 2022 2766582
Biden 2023 3201244
Biden 2024TD 1231313
Biden Average 2904496

Trump was better than Obama except for that 2019 spike.

Biden? Just horrible.
You average Trump to come out to your want to be conclusion that Trump was better than Obama. But that’s not true.

You are using 2020 which Covid was the reason for less border crossings. Trump’s trend for the previous three straight years were significant increases each and every year especially 2019. Compare that to Obama’s trend line for 8 years which was a fast and consistent downward trend resulting in the lowest border crossings in 40 years. In 2016.

January 2024 encounters were also the lowest since Biden's second month in office.

Must have been Biden's messaging last month.

You average Trump to come out to your want to be conclusion that Trump was better than Obama. But that’s not true.

You are using 2020 which Covid was the reason for less border crossings. Trump’s trend for the previous three straight years were significant increases each and every year especially 2019. Compare that to Obama’s trend line for 8 years which was a fast and consistent downward trend resulting in the lowest border crossings in 40 years.
Using the last 4 years of Obama and Trump's 4 years here are the rankings of those 8 years:

1) Trump 2019
2) Obama 2014
3) Obama 2013
4) Obama 2016
5) Trump 2020
6) Trump 2018
7) Obama 2015
8) Trump 2017

Throw out 2020 if you want yet you use COVID spending in 2020/2021 in your analysis of spending by president, LOL.

Obama was good on immigration as was Trump. Biden has been disgracefully absent on immigration.

I don't want Trump as president but on immigration he's easily better than Biden. Both suck on spending but Biden is worse there too.

Using the last 4 years of Obama and Trump's 4 years here are the rankings of those 8 years:

1) Trump 2019
2) Obama 2014
3) Obama 2013
4) Obama 2016
5) Trump 2020
6) Trump 2018
7) Obama 2015
8) Trump 2017

Throw out 2020 if you want yet you use COVID spending in 2020/2021 in your analysis of spending by president, LOL.

Obama was good on immigration as was Trump. Biden has been disgracefully absent on immigration.

I don't want Trump as president but on immigration he's easily better than Biden. Both suck on spending but Biden is worse there too.
you have ignored the trend lines to try to equate Obama and Trump.

2008. 723 k
2009 556 k
2010 463 k
2011 344 k
2012. 364 k
2013. 420 k
2014 486 k
2015 337 k
2016. 415 k

Obama Showed tremendous reduction throughout the years of over 40 %

Trump years
2017 310 k
2018. 404 k
2019. 859 k
2020 405k

2019 during Trump reversed 8 years of low immigration Under Obama.Trump’strend was increasing while Obama was decreasing.

you have ignored the trend lines to try to equate Obama and Trump.

2008. 723 k
2009 556 k
2010 463 k
2011 344 k
2012. 364 k
2013. 420 k
2014 486 k
2015 337 k
2016. 415 k

Obama Showed tremendous reduction throughout the years of over 40 %

Trump years
2017 310 k
2018. 404 k
2019. 859 k
2020 405k

2019 during Trump reversed 8 years of low immigration Under Obama.Trump’strend was increasing while Obama was decreasing.
So then 1) You must have thought Bush was phenomenal on immigration, and 2) Merge’s theory on why they’re are coming here doesn’t hold water based on number 1?

So then 1) You must have thought Bush was phenomenal on immigration, and 2) Merge’s theory on why they’re are coming here doesn’t hold water based on number 1?
Yeah a little thing called 9/11 helped reduce it didn’t it.
2000 1.67 million.
2001 1.2 million
2002 955 k
2003 931 k
2004 1.1 million
2005 1.18 million
2006 1.08 million
2007 876 k.
2008 723 k

Fluctuating numbers but in the aftermath of 9/11, it tightened up

This just goes to show you that Trump was great on immigration is a complete fallacy.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
It's always amazes me how cern twists and turns everything to make Democrats look good and Republicans bad. Probably the most partisan of the regular posters on this board, and that's saying a lot.

Reactions: HALL85
It's always amazes me how cern twists and turns everything to make Democrats look good and Republicans bad. Probably the most partisan of the regular posters on this board, and that's saying a lot.
Is it that or Trump Derangement Syndrome? Remember his recent love affair with Christie.

Is it that or Trump Derangement Syndrome? Remember his recent love affair with Christie.

A little of both. But the response after you said he must have loved Bush on immigration was the one that really got me. Laughable.

Bush was good on immigration. Also recognized we need amnesty for those currently here, but that position became untenable from the right once Obama won.

I disagree that trend lines good or bad have much to do with who the president is. I think the jump from 18-19 proves that easily enough. It has much more to do with what is happening in other countries. You’re not leaving to go to America with nothing unless you’re desperate. Desperate to find work, feed your family, escape violence etc. the increase we see at the border are because more people have become desperate.

I don’t think Trump did anything to cause that spike in 2019. I think if Trump were president now, he would be seeing large increases as well though he would have certainly tried to do more than Biden has… but now we can’t do anything at all because Trump owns the party.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT