ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn Gamethread

Pedal to the metal. you know their gonna make a run. Close out the half and dont look back
i know easier said then done

This is the team that is 7-1 in the BE outside of Nova/Creighton. Not an excuse, but we are not playing like middle of the pack. Solid #3 playing like this.

Reactions: TomD82
It’s so easy when the Defense plays like this! Love the way Cale has been playing! His intensity is really improved!

cant try to blow a game like we can. pros at it. 1:30 left and can bleed the clock but we rush an instant cale miss into a foul for uconn 2pts that with no time off the clock.

unacceptable

can you play any more scared (or dumb) up 18? like somehow the more we are up the worse they think they are

uconn cut the deficit in half in 3 mins. shu combined missing shots/not defending/ turnovers at lightning speed.

I will repeat my point during Nova game when we were not playing well. Our team is too talented not to dance this year. They showed it most of game today and vs. Providence. Very bad last few minutes though. Need to play solid second half and get this important win. Go Pirates!!

Reactions: LBP43 and SHUMA04
Good first 16 minutes, awful last four. Got complacent and sloppy again.

somehow we go into a 9pt lead at uconn on a sour note. still, i wouldnt trade it.

Reactions: LBP43
We could have put the game away. We took our foot off the gas pedal. It looked like we started working the clock too much. But some of that UConn run was bad luck on our part. A few shots almost fell.

Prepare for an all out war in the second half. We let the Huskies get back in the game. Bright side: We have a 9 pt lead

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
Oh well not a great close of half., Some poor choices and silly fouls too.
Too bad because it was a great half.

Rhoden need more shots. Go inside to Sandro. If Hurley is going to pressure the ball than SHU should return the favor.

up 38-29 at the half.

Reactions: SHUMA04
no no haha, thats why your my bro! i dont mind when you go in on me, they better stop playing lax though or the other Kaz may show up YIKES haha

Reactions: LBP43
Good bald overall. We were thrashing them for most. Great job keeping Cole and Polley from hurting us on the 3-line.

Their full court pressure and aggressive defense on the ball handler changed the game down the stretch. Will be interesting to see how much Hurley employs it in the second half. Need to continue to get good looks on offense

Reactions: papacheesy2
no no haha, thats why your my bro! i dont mind when you go in on me, they better stop playing lax though or the other Kaz may show up YIKES haha
press scares me a bit... not that we're that close to turning it over, but we aren't getting into our offense like the first 12 minutes.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
UCONN will start the 2nd half off with a 3 though watch haha what happens after that on our end, we shall see :) , Cale needs to get his swag again. This Jackson kid suddenly comes in the game and goes nuts, either way, I hope Kevin rips em for sleeping a lead away again and we get Sanogo another foul

UConn got the deficit in about 3 minutes too... you think there's only one team playing the way some of you post.

I fully expect Kaz to declare the season over shortly.
the deficit built up over 16 mins. credit to us for hitting every shot ar high degree of difficulty but i dont expect it to continue in 2nd half, like creighton. i mean some of those shots were crazy.

uconn wasnt exactly playing like all stars to warrent that run at the end. we didnt play smart.

Reactions: TomD82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT