ADVERTISEMENT

United we don’t stand

Sure. They employ people and not all people are good.

What some people here are implying though is that the FBI is so corrupt that they greenlit going after Trump out of a vendetta. That the chain of command completely failed because the bad ones were all out to get Trump and get Hunter and Hillary off the hook. That’s nonsense.
You pick any corporation in America and I’ll bet the people at the top are dirty and covering something up. I’ll probably be right 9 out of 10 times. I have no doubts the same goes with the FBI. Heck they may not be covering anything up on Trump, but the comment I replied to was a comment that the top levels of this organization is not pure just like every other organization. I can support the blue and think the top levels of the FBI are influenced by money and powerful people. Only a fool would think those 2 are one in the same

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09 and SHallguy2
You pick any corporation in America and I’ll bet the people at the top are dirty and covering something up. I have no doubts the same goes with the FBI. Heck they may not be covering anything up on Trump, but the comment I replied to was a comment that the top levels of this organization is not pure just like every other organization. I can support the blue and think the top levels of the FBI are influenced by money and powerful people. Only a fool would think those 2 are one in the s

Same would be true for the police then, no?
You can support the blue but think the top levels of each department are influenced by money and powerful people?

I really believe when we introduced the concept of a trillion into the government funding discussion things have gotten ugly. Excessive amounts of money will lead to corruption. The more we hear the word the worse things get. I bet 90% of Americans have no idea or concept of how much money is in a trillion. Maybe 95%. If I had the money to fund a Tv commercial, I would run an ad about just how much money is a trillion dollars.

Same would be true for the police then, no?
You can support the blue but think the top levels of each department are influenced by money and powerful people?
Absolutely. There are some bad people in blue. I said that in my original comment. Power and greed are horrible sins. I just think the comment I replied to and you liked is one of the stupidest things I've read on this thread.

Do we know all the facts?

We know enough to see that we had no choice but to get a warrant to get the files back. The files which Trump’s team certified were returned after a subpoena was issued, and should not been on the premises at all, let alone in his office

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Absolutely. There are some bad people in blue. I said that in my original comment. Power and greed are horrible sins. I just think the comment I replied to and you liked is one of the stupidest things I've read on this thread.

He didn’t say if you like police you must think all FBI agents are good.

It was pointing out the irony of criticisms against the FBI coming from people who are quick to defend police.

He didn’t say if you like police you must think all FBI agents are good.

It was pointing out the irony of criticisms against the FBI coming from people who are quick to defend police.
I don't think it's ironic at all. When people defend the police they're defending the hard working every day Americans who are out there putting their life on the line. This situation that people are criticizing the FBI is at the top levels where all the dirty play and influence of power and money that I've been talking about happens.

Reactions: PiratePride
I don't think it's ironic at all. When people defend the police they're defending the hard working every day Americans who are out there putting their life on the line. This situation that people are criticizing the FBI is at the top levels where all the dirty play and influence of power and money that I've been talking about happens.
Yeah. I wonder when the FBI investigates a terrorist, or kidnapper or El Chapo, were you questioning them?

However, keep making excuses for the criminal ex President.

Yeah. I wonder when the FBI investigates a terrorist, or kidnapper or El Chapo, were you questioning them?

People have been skeptical of the FBI long before Trump came into the political arena. You want to make it all about Trump because you have TDS, good for you, but that's not reality.

Reactions: PiratePride
People have been skeptical of the FBI long before Trump came into the political arena. You want to make it all about Trump because you have TDS, good for you, but that's not reality.

FBI has been a political tool throughout history. If the shoe was on the other foot the Fools TV network would be driving a different narrative. It’s just about which Fools TV network you listen too. If I had just 1 billion dollars I know I could get everyone on the board to agree and still have plenty left to buy a national championship for our basketball team. Because one billion equals how many millions again?

This thread is about Trump keeping top secret documents in his desk, and the related criticisms of the agency that was tasked with getting them back.

That’s why people are talking about Trump.

Skepticism is fine. We’re beyond that now in this case.

This thread is about Trump keeping top secret documents in his desk, and the related criticisms of the agency that was tasked with getting them back.

Actually it's about how the current administration was going to unite the country but hasn't. That was my take on the original post. But I know why people are talking about Trump. You might want ask why someone brought up El Chapo, terrorists, and kidnappers. Maybe I can bring up people have less skepticism of OJ Simpson when he's part of a charity event as opposed to when he's roaming the town of Vegas. Or should skepticism of him be on high alert 24/7? Common sense that we all look at each situation with a different perspective. For people who lived through 9/11, equating terrorists to a former president shows how derranged people are.

Last edited:

So now you want to police the thread? Are you a monitor?

Actually it's about how the current administration was going to unite the country but hasn't.

I'd agree they haven't done enough to try and unite us.
The DOJ being forced to get a warrant to retrieve top secret files is not something that should divide us though.

They had no choice here.

Common sense that we all look at each situation with a different perspective.

EXACTLY!

This thread was about the DOJ being forced to get a warrant to get top secret documents back.
We should view that action through it's own lens, but people keep wanting the conversation to be directed at something else to avoid stating the obvious here that Trump was just wrong. There is no defense for him retaining top secret files.

Reactions: SHUSA and cernjSHU
The DOJ being forced to get a warrant to retrieve top secret files is not something that should divide us though.

They had no choice here.

EXACTLY!

This thread was about the DOJ being forced to get a warrant to get top secret documents back.
We should view that action through it's own lens, but people keep wanting the conversation to be directed at something else to avoid stating the obvious here that Trump was just wrong. There is no defense for him retaining top secret files.
Typical political playbook . Divert answering the question or conversation . All politicians do it .

That's a false equivalence you are making. Just because the FBI's political bias is being questioned does NOT equate to making excuses for Trump. The left keeps bringing up Trump at every turn, not having anything else to run on. Don't blame that on others.

They had no choice here.

EXACTLY!

And what does any of this have to do with the concept of what I stated that the upper levels of the FBI are corrupt. There may be less reason for the skepticism in this case, however skepticisim is going to follow them whereever they go when it comes to their dealings with Trump. 6+ years and the guy still isn't behind bars.

That's a false equivalence you are making. Just because the FBI's political bias is being questioned does NOT equate to making excuses for Trump. The left keeps bringing up Trump at every turn, not having anything else to run on. Don't blame that on others.
He knows comparing a all of those to a former President is derranged. But its TDS at its finest.

And what does any of this have to do with the concept of what I stated that the upper levels of the FBI are corrupt.

Because even if you believe that to be true which is surely debatable, as you said... "Common sense that we all look at each situation with a different perspective."

So on THIS TOPIC. The thread being about the FBI raiding Mar-a-lago. Were they justified in their actions?

Has there been a hint of impropriety related to the actions by the DOJ and FBI on THIS TOPIC?

This was investigated. You just don’t believe that it couldn’t possibly not result in a criminal referral.

They have the laptop. They did investigate and even interviewed Bobulinksi for 5 hours while Trump was president btw… but even in all of the leaks, there has been no allegation of an actual crime here.

I think it’s more likely that the FBI looked at the laptop and information Bobulinski had and did not see evidence to recommend a charge to the DOJ.

Well, it is tough to get a criminal referral when the investigation, as alleged, is stopped in its tracks by the FBI ASAC Thibault who retired. Thibault was the contact with Bobulinski who never contacted him again and attempted to close the case so that it could not be opened again as per whistleblowers.

This wasn't "investigated" fully. You just don't believe that any criminal activity could possibly have taken place.

Questions
1) Did Trump have top secret documents at Mar o Largo? Answer Yes

2) Was Trump asked for the documents by request and then by subpoena? Answer Yes

3) Did Trump’s attorney state that they gave back all requested documents. Answer yes

4) Trump did not turn over all recorded. Answer Yes.

This is all before FBI involvement.

5) FBI gets search warrant and confirms top secret docs at Trump’s residence. Answer yes

FBI just doing it’s job. Their involvement comes in at the S/W phase where they execute a search warrant.

Trump admits having the documents. Answer Yes

Court filings was that these docs are like an overdue library book. Answer Yes.

Yet there are those of you that want to obfuscate any issue. The people that have TDS are you who will do mental gymnastics to justify anything g this criminal does.

Last edited:
Has there been a hint of impropriety related to the actions by the DOJ and FBI on THIS TOPIC?
As I said earlier when it comes to OJ, there's less skepticism when he's at a charity event. LESS not zero skepticism. As I just said there will always be skepticism when you got the FBI and Trump because the no matter how much you look at each individual situation on it's own you have to know the players involved and their history. When you audit, you look at each individual transaction on their own merit, but at some point you have to evaluate the risk of the players involved. I'm sure you would look at transactions by Mother Teresa a little different than Bernie Madoff. You would take into account their past. 6+ years of going after someone has it's history. This may be a clean act by the FBI, but there's plenty of reason for skepticism in the big picture. Amazing how comparing an ex president to terrorists doesn't get you all fired up and hitting on that. But saying the upper levels of the FBI are subject to corruption from power and money does.

• Haha
Well, it is tough to get a criminal referral when the investigation, as alleged, is stopped in its tracks by the FBI ASAC Thibault who retired. Thibault was the contact with Bobulinski who never contacted him again and attempted to close the case so that it could not be opened again as per whistleblowers.

This wasn't "investigated" fully. You just don't believe that any criminal activity could possibly have taken place.

Given that information was leaked from the laptop and there has been no evidence or allegation of an actual crime, my skepticism leans towards there being no evidence of a crime.

I doubt any decision to shut down an investigation comes from one person. From discussions with people who work there. That seems to be very unlikely.

I tend to believe that this was investigated fully. Giuliani had the laptop and there is no alleged crime.
If there were, they would have leaked it.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
As I said earlier when it comes to OJ, there's less skepticism when he's at a charity event. LESS not zero skepticism. As I just said there will always be skepticism when you got the FBI and Trump because the no matter how much you look at each individual situation on it's own you have to know the players involved and their history. When you audit, you look at each individual transaction on their own merit, but at some point you have to evaluate the risk of the players involved. I'm sure you would look at transactions by Mother Teresa a little different than Bernie Madoff. You would take into account their past. 6+ years of going after someone has it's history. This may be a clean act by the FBI, but there's plenty of reason for skepticism in the big picture. Amazing how comparing an ex president to terrorists doesn't get you all fired up and hitting on that. But saying the upper levels of the FBI are subject to corruption from power and money does.

Cern wasn't comparing keeping classified documents to a terrorist act.
He was saying that the upper levels of the FBI that we rely on are the same people for both cases. That was pretty clear.

If you believe the FBI is corrupt. Fine. Skepticism on the big picture is fine.

Skepticism on Trump keeping top secret documents after certifying they were returned as ordered by a subpoena? We can't just all agree that there is no excuse for that?

Given that information was leaked from the laptop and there has been no evidence or allegation of an actual crime, my skepticism leans towards there being no evidence of a crime.

I doubt any decision to shut down an investigation comes from one person. From discussions with people who work there. That seems to be very unlikely.

I tend to believe that this was investigated fully. Giuliani had the laptop and there is no alleged crime.
If there were, they would have leaked it.
The whistleblower allegation is that Thibault took steps outside the norm to quash the investigation. If that is true there is a problem that needs to be fleshed out. My skepticism leans towards needing a full transparent investigation. If they found nothing, as you assert, why be silent on that? Why not broadcast the fact that there is nothing to the laptop? It has been crickets coming from FBI and DOJ on the matter.

Questions
1) Did Trump have top secret documents at Mar o Largo? Answer Yes

2) Was Trump asked for the documents by request and then by subpoena? Answer Yes

3) Did Trump’s attorney state that they gave back all requested documents. Answer yes

4) Trump did not turn over all recorded. Answer Yes.

This is all before FBI involvement.

5) FBI gets search warrant and confirms top secret docs at Trump’s residence. Answer yes

FBI just doing it’s job. Their involvement comes in at the S/W phase where they execute a search warrant.

Trump admits having the documents. Answer Yes

Court filings was that these docs are like an overdue library book. Answer Yes.

Yet there are those of you that want to obfuscate any issue. The people that have TDS are you who will do mental gymnastics to justify anything g this criminal does.
All that and you didn't address my point. Talk about obfuscation.

The whistleblower allegation is that Thibault took steps outside the norm to quash the investigation. If that is true there is a problem that needs to be fleshed out. My skepticism leans towards needing a full transparent investigation. If they found nothing, as you assert, why be silent on that? Why not broadcast the fact that there is nothing to the laptop? It has been crickets coming from FBI and DOJ on the matter.

It's not standard practice for the FBI to comment on opening and closing investigations. They wouldn't typically announce they found nothing.

They got the laptop in Dec 2019. Plenty of time to investigate... but again, even in the leaks - there was no alleged crime.

This does get a little more complicated because hard drive that was circulated showed signs of being tampered with. Files, directories, and emails being copied to and from the device long after it was no longer in Hunter's possession and after the FBI took possession.

Cern wasn't comparing keeping classified documents to a terrorist act.
He was saying that the upper levels of the FBI that we rely on are the same people for both cases. That was pretty clear.
No he wasn't. He was questioning me. There's a direct question to me saying if you don't question the FBI on going after terrorists, why question them now. Am I really supposed to put when the FBI goes after terrorists in the same category as when they question former Presidents? Kind of ludicrous if you ask me,

It's not standard practice for the FBI to comment on opening and closing investigations. They wouldn't typically announce they found nothing.

They got the laptop in Dec 2019. Plenty of time to investigate... but again, even in the leaks - there was no alleged crime.

This does get a little more complicated because hard drive that was circulated showed signs of being tampered with. Files, directories, and emails being copied to and from the device long after it was no longer in Hunter's possession and after the FBI took possession.
Do you really think that if the FBI did a good faith investigation and found nothing, that it would not be made public..... either throug FBI or DOJ? Not buying into your assertions.

Do you really think that if the FBI did a good faith investigation and found nothing, that it would not be made public..... either throug FBI or DOJ? Not buying into your assertions.

Yes. That is what I think since that is their policy.

"The Division often receives questions about why it announces some, but not all, investigations. In general, the Department of Justice does not publicly announce investigations or investigative findings.

Plus we know there is an ongoing investigation into his taxes. Wouldn't really make sense to comment on the laptop while that is ongoing.

The point is the FBI is a professional law enforcement agency that investigates a myriad of crimes that you have no issue with. Yet, this one you take issue.

One, any political bias of the FBI has always leaned right.

Second, facts are facts. The FBI is not setting up the President.

Third, you want full disclosure of a pending criminal investigation? lol. Who are you? That comes out after indictment and at trial. Not during the investigation.

Fourth, as to an investigation that leads no where, the Feds normally never clear anyone. Only exception I have seen was Menéndez.

Fifth, who is to say that the Hunter Biden investigation is not on going? And you want to interfere with that because you want to know. That’s just laughable.

The point is the FBI is a professional law enforcement agency that investigates a myriad of crimes that you have no issue with. Yet, this one you take issue.
So people who have no interest in what an organizations has done for decades can’t all of a sudden take issues on things? Is that a rule somewhere? Tell all those people who have no interests in sports they can’t take issue with transgender athletes. Not allowed per cernj. We can tell all those who never gave a damn about abortion to shut up. Not allowed per cernj. We can tell all those parents who never took issue with education in their town who now have opinions on sex ed in schools that they kept their mouths shut for years, keep their mouths shut now. Taking issue with this is not allowed per cernj. Most importantly we can tell all those who never gave a damn about the FBI to keep their mouths shut now too. That’s America the way it should be.

I’m sure you could rewrite your sentence and change FBI with Supreme Court and use the topic of abortion instead of Trump. Tell me how this sounds to you. The Supreme Court is a branch of government that interprets a myriad of laws that people take no issue with. Yet people take issue with abortion. Sounds great right? You were saying this when people were on Justices lawns right?

Last edited:

"The Division often receives questions about why it announces some, but not all, investigations. In general, the Department of Justice does not publicly announce investigations or investigative findings.

Plus we know there is an ongoing investigation into his taxes. Wouldn't really make sense to comment on the laptop while that is ongoing.

Where do the leaks fit into "In general the Department of justice does not publicly announce investigations or investigative findings"? Do they have a "leak division" at the DOJ?

So people who have no interest in what an organizations has done for decades can’t all of a sudden take issues on things? Is that a rule somewhere?

The point is that we give them the benefit of the doubt for most things. Skepticism when something seems off is perfectly fine, but then saying the top is all corrupt just because you disagree with a specific action does seem off in my opinion. If they are so easily susceptible to money and power, it would impact all areas of their work. Not just the stuff we disagree with.

On this specific matter, I understood the skepticism at first. Even agreed on page one of this thread that this was not something that should linger and we need to understand why the FBI raided Mar-a-lago.

But now we have an understanding enough of the fact pattern here to see skepticism related to the FBI raiding Mar-a-lago is really no longer warranted. There is zero excuse for top secret files to be in Trump's office, and it's even worse when they existed there after they certified they were all returned after a subpoena to get them back.

Where do the leaks fit into "In general the Department of justice does not publicly announce investigations or investigative findings"? Do they have a "leak division" at the DOJ?

You referring to the Washing Post reporting on what some of the materials were?

Indeed, leaks are bad... and I understand why you would want to focus on the leaks rather than their contents because if the reporting is true, that is just disastrous.

That said, I have no idea who the source here is. Maybe it was the FBI or maybe it was the person that is close to Trump that alerted the DOJ to the materials being at Mar-a-lago in the first place.

The point is that we give them the benefit of the doubt for most things.
That's not the point at all. For some bizarre reason you want to take some delusional twist of cernj is saying. Team sport for you guys I guess. Impressed by the team first mentality though.

He's basically saying the FBI does all this work, people don't pay attention to them but they have faith in them all year, why the outrage now. The same guy wasn't saying the same thing about the Supreme Court when abortion came up. They make tons of rulings, nobody pays any attention ever but we put our faith in them to do the job fairly, why the outrage on their abortion ruling. If he followed his same logic we would've read similar comments about the Supreme Court when whackos were marching outside Justices' homes. Basically the guy is saying if you don't pay attention all year your only paying attention now because you don't like the results. Amazing how that happens in most everything, like the abortion topic.

Last edited:
You referring to the Washing Post reporting on what some of the materials were?

Indeed, leaks are bad... and I understand why you would want to focus on the leaks rather than their contents because if the reporting is true, that is just disastrous.

That said, I have no idea who the source here is. Maybe it was the FBI or maybe it was the person that is close to Trump that alerted the DOJ to the materials being at Mar-a-lago in the first place.
I mention the leaks because they clearly show the political motivation of the DOJ and FBI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT