ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Bracketology

hallfan101

Freshman
Feb 15, 2013
I know it means practically nothing at this point but Lunardi has us as a 6 playing 11 Nevada. Boy would that be a tight one, Nevada is preseason top 25 in many polls I personally believe they will be higher than an 11 seed.

Obviously matchups play a huge role in the tournament, game by game. But with as much hype this team has and with everyone coming back it would quite disappointing if this team doesn't reach the sweet 16. This team should be able to get by the first two rounds regardless of who they play I believe, unless they are an 8 or 9 seed which in itself would be a disappointing thing to see.

I'd be disappointed as a 6 seed. Our OOC record will determine our seeding. Gonna say Louisville is a loss. No reason SHU cannot win both games in the NIT, I fully expect a win VS Indiana at home. Not sure who they play in the UA reunion game yet. Rutgers will be a harder than expected but I fully expect a win. Should be a favorite vs VCU also. So realistically going into the Big East season SHU can easily just have 1, maybe 2 losses.

This senior-laden roster should finish the season in the top 25. A 6 seed is fair, though I'm hoping for a little better. But, as we know from two years ago, it's all about the matchup. No way should we have been playing basically a road game vs an underseeded Gonzaga team. Still rankles me.

Reactions: buckfoston824
I'd be disappointed as a 6 seed. Our OOC record will determine our seeding. Gonna say Louisville is a loss. No reason SHU cannot win both games in the NIT, I fully expect a win VS Indiana at home. Not sure who they play in the UA reunion game yet. Rutgers will be a harder than expected but I fully expect a win. Should be a favorite vs VCU also. So realistically going into the Big East season SHU can easily just have 1, maybe 2 losses.

if we get UVA after beating URI, that's not a sure win by any means. I'd expect a win over Vandy though.

The only OOC game where the Hall will be a dog is @ Louisville.. Possibly playing Virginia would be the only other game where we won't be a clear cut favorite. If that game happens I think SHU would be a slight favorite.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
The only OOC game where the Hall will be a dog is @ Louisville.. Possibly playing Virginia would be the only other game where we won't be a clear cut favorite. If that game happens I think SHU would be a slight favorite.
I'm just going by the fact most likely the only game we will be the dog is Louisville. The NIT games will be tough but no reason they shouldn't be able to win both.

if we get UVA after beating URI, that's not a sure win by any means. I'd expect a win over Vandy though.
UVA will be good but they lose a lot and will not be the team they have been the last few seasons. But you gotta know you will get some tough defense from them

I'm expecting that by the end of the year SHU will be ranked in the 15-20 range, which hypothetically would put them somewhere around the 4-5 slot in terms of seeding.

I'm expecting that by the end of the year SHU will be ranked in the 15-20 range, which hypothetically would put them somewhere around the 4-5 slot in terms of seeding.

Rather be a six seed and stay away from the one seed as a 4 or 5

If Nova wins the Big East again after losing Hart and Jenkins, Wright deserves COY. He would have won the BE 3 years in a row after losing Arch, Ochefu, Hart, & Jenkins.

I wouldn't put it past him. Jay Wright was not voted a two time national coach of the year for nothing and Nova has plenty of talent this year. They will be young for sure but if they jell quickly could be as good as any team he has had the past few years, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT