ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova @ Providence

You gotta earn your way in. The ball is in SHU’s court. Two Q1 games up. Get it done.

Reactions: HallX2
4/5 game will be SHU/Nova.
I believe if SJU and Nova finish at 11-9 then SJU has the tiebreaker. SJU has @Depaul and Gtown . Nova has @SHU and Creighton. I think Nova has to win both games. If we lose to UConn we can't finish higher than 4th. The good news is a win over Depaul means 5th place worst scenario. Only Villanova can pass us if we beat Depaul. I guess it is possible for SJU to lose their home game to GTown, but unlikely. Also, assuming Marquette doesn't lose out.

You gotta earn your way in. The ball is in SHU’s court. Two Q1 games up. Get it done.
Maybe not. Villanova might slip into the Top 30 after today's win but if Seton Hall beats them on Wednesday, they'd slip right back to a Quad 2.

Reactions: Piratz
I believe if SJU and Nova finish at 11-9 then SJU has the tiebreaker. SJU has @Depaul and Gtown . Nova has @SHU and Creighton. I think Nova has to win both games. If we lose to UConn we can't finish higher than 4th. The good news is a win over Depaul means 5th place worst scenario. Only Villanova can pass us if we beat Depaul. I guess it is possible for SJU to lose their home game to GTown, but unlikely. Also, assuming Marquette doesn't lose out.

Seton Hall can still finish third even with a loss to UConn. Win the last two, get to 13-7. Seton Hall holds the tiebreaker over Marquette in this scenario as we would need Marquette to lose its final two (vs. UConn, @ Xavier).

I tend to agree. I did not think Villanova would go 0-2 on this road trip, so it's good they got a win out of the way before coming here. Still won't be easy, but I like them coming in off a win versus off a loss. Had they lost today, Wednesday's game would be an absolute must-win for them. It's still very important, but it's not make or break for them.

Providence has a lot of sweaty, sleepless nights ahead of them over the next two weeks. They only have one opportunity to improve their case as they get UConn at home next week. They also might have to play on day 1 of the BET now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT