ADVERTISEMENT

Want to be in, but I am out!

bigraym

All Big East
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2006
I cannot take this non-transparency of Seton Hall staff and administration. Love what Sha represents to us, as a former player and his feistiness and internal fire. But this has become a sh*t show, pardon my language. I will watch 2023-24 Seton Hall Pirates from home and turn off once team surrenders on court...won't have to drive home.

No Giving Day, no NIL funding.....even when you give, you have no idea as to the use of these funds. I can't see this ending well for SHU, it's fanbase and for Shaheen Holloway. Sad situation.
WAD%20-%20Mid-Nov.jpg

I cannot take this non-transparency of Seton Hall staff and administration. Love what Sha represents to us, as a former player and his feistiness and internal fire. But this has become a sh*t show, pardon my language. I will watch 2023-24 Seton Hall Pirates from home and turn off once team surrenders on court...won't have to drive home.

No Giving Day, no NIL funding.....even when you give, you have no idea as to the use of these funds. I can't see this ending well for SHU, it's fanbase and for Shaheen Holloway. Sad situation.
WAD%20-%20Mid-Nov.jpg

I'm right there with you. Lowest I've ever been on college athletics. I don't see how it gets better. Maybe I'm doom and gloom but the landscape of the future of college athletics is set. And schools like Seton Hall are going to have a really hard time competing.

Yep I pulled my season tickets too. Posh isn't coming. I think we're talking 2022-2023 Louisville bad right now.

If people want transparency re NIL, they don’t understand how it works. No school will publish amounts raised and distributed for competitive reasons and minimize team conflict. If other schools know what player X is paid, they know the bar to clear and will more readily poach. Other than being in the know, what possible advantage does knowing details provide?

If people want transparency re NIL, they don’t understand how it works. No school will publish amounts raised and distributed for competitive reasons and minimize team conflict. If other schools know what player X is paid, they know the bar to clear and will more readily poach. Other than being in the know, what possible advantage does knowing details provide?
This is the same idea behind almost every human resources department in the history of work prohibiting employees from discussing pay/compensation with other employees. You can agree or disagree with the policy, but this is why it's been the standard forever.

Yep I pulled my season tickets too. Posh isn't coming. I think we're talking 2022-2023 Louisville bad right now.
Your usually right, and I don't hear any denials.
on Posh. All time low for me.
Sha can't get the recruits $$$ and can't keep the players.
So sad, hard to stay optimistic.

I'm right there with you. Lowest I've ever been on college athletics. I don't see how it gets better. Maybe I'm doom and gloom but the landscape of the future of college athletics is set. And schools like Seton Hall are going to have a really hard time competing.
We won’t have a hard time if we have a competent administration!

Last edited:
Reactions: MBDuncan
Here’s the thing, even if you did know exactly where and who your donation went to it’s still not worth it, at least NIL wise. You donate to the NIL, player X receives it, stays for 6 months and then transfers to another school. What’s the point, you just get completely taken advantage of.

Great fan.
I’d usually agree but you can’t blame him.

We are being smacked in the face and being fed BS….constantly.

Maybe that’s what needs to be done to get these people to wake up and smell the roses.

I will not continue to support something that allows itself to fall flat on its face constantly.

We are our own worst enemy.

There are several ways to offer transparency without disclosing what athletes earn or the total amount in the pot. Complete silence without results is a recipe for disaster, perception is reality.

Land one or two good recruits and supporters won't care about transparency. I know of 6 people who aren't renewing season tickets, I'd guess there are plenty more. SHU has got to take a leap to boost the psyche of the fanbase.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
The only thing that’s going to take away the doom and gloom over the men’s basketball program is positive news on the recruiting front and positive news on dealing with NIL otherwise the doom and gloom over SH basketball will grow and even many long time fans will turn off to the program. Someone at SH has to take a leadership role and get things back on track.

What I do wonder is where is Lyons and what role he has in SH setting up a structure that allows us to be competitive in fund raising under NIL. He did a really top job as our AD and we could use his skill set if he isn’t involved.

Last edited:
Why stay in big east like this?
Because success is cyclical and while we are on a downward spiral the hope is we do what we need to in order to right the ship over the next 5 years. Schools like DePaul , Prov., and SHU cannot leave the conference and expect to get invited back ala UCONN.

This is the most gloomy bunch of comments in eons. By the way, can someone cite a school that has the transparency that y’all want? And just what level of transparency do you want?

I donated. I am proud of my school where I received two degrees and made lifelong friends. Do it for that or do it to help make the changes you want. Just donate and if not shut the hell up cheapskates.
I agree with you except for the last sentence.

SHU will be getting a big payout from the Dance this year, and will likely double or triple their TV revenue in 2025.

Answers to this mess lie within the fanbase, let's hope that the athletic department realizes it SOON.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section112
I donated. I am proud of my school where I received two degrees and made lifelong friends. Do it for that or do it to help make the changes you want. Just donate and if not shut the hell up cheapskates.
You were fine until you told people to shut up and that they were cheapskates. People want accountability, is that really too much to ask?

Reactions: Pirate 81
It's fine to complain about accountability or transparency, but telling everyone your not donating does not mean you're a hero. You are just doing nothing but complaining and virtue signaling.

Can you let me know where you sat? I'm looking to move my seats and might want yours lol

Sure, section 16. Just don't think the product on the court is worth investing in. Especially since season ticket prices have skyrocketed too. Like any other investment, it's just not worth spending a lot of money on the product the coaching staff is putting on the court next year.

The juice is just not worth the squeeze.

id probably be more frustrated with shu if i wasnt so jaded from the overall college athletics landscape. the wave came as quick as i expected but still sad. ive never fallen out of love with a sport ever, so its a strange feeling

Can you let me know where you sat? I'm looking to move my seats and might want yours lol

And just to let you know. This is a big deal for me. First time I'm giving up my season tickets in 18 years. I stayed confident during the Gonzo era. This is definitely worse than the Gonzo era. We are going to be 2022-2023 Louisville bad next year.

• Haha
Reactions: walshtrips
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT