ADVERTISEMENT

Want to be in, but I am out!

And just to let you know. This is a big deal for me. First time I'm giving up my season tickets in 18 years. I stayed confident during the Gonzo era. This is definitely worse than the Gonzo era. We are going to be 2022-2023 Louisville bad next year.
So you kept your season tickets when you wouldn't leave your house in 2021? That's a real fan. Buy a 6 game plan and don't go next year.

So you kept your season tickets when you wouldn't leave your house in 2021? That's a real fan. Buy a 6 game plan and don't go next year.

Yep I did. I sold a lot of them had gave them to my family member during the 2021-2022 season.

And no, I refuse to by anything based on the roster the coaching staff is putting on the court. I've donated thousands of dollars its going nowhere

And just to let you know. This is a big deal for me. First time I'm giving up my season tickets in 18 years. I stayed confident during the Gonzo era. This is definitely worse than the Gonzo era. We are going to be 2022-2023 Louisville bad next year.
Can you remind us what you predicted our record would be this year?

I can only imagine how some people would have reacted during the early Big East years, first with Raft and then P.J..

We won 10 Big East games during my four years in school. As opposed to 10 last year.

I can only imagine how some people would have reacted during the early Big East years, first with Raft and then P.J..

We won 10 Big East games during my four years in school. As opposed to 10 last year.

Believe. I have put too much time into this program the last 15 years, threw 1000s of dollars in donations. And look where we are today? Recruits don't want to do anything with this program.

I was there. We still went to games, we just gave PJ a lot of crap. Crap that I'm not proud about today. We never gave up though!

I was there. We still went to games, we just gave PJ a lot of crap. Crap that I'm not proud about today. We never gave up though!
I remember when there was a movement to get rid of PJ, that was 1987 I believe (my sophomore year).

Then we made the NCAA tournament with Mark Bryant in 1988, and everyone knows what happened in 1989.

I was one calling for PJ to be fired. I realized how big of a mistake that would have been.

I was there during the mid 80’ and graduated in 89. Fans were getting frustrated at PJ for not pulling out games where we had a chance to win. Seton Hall was improving steadily. We went from being non competitive to being competitive in games but the results were similar in taking a loss.

Some fans became impatient and wanted PJ fired. I did not support that movement. However, in todays world we will need to come up with 1 million a year to be competitive. First year we are only at 750k. The writing is on the wall clear for everyone to read that we can’t compete.

Only way we can compete is landing a whale to fund this. We have a whale but that whale is far at sea and no one at the university can hook him apparently.

Last edited:
Only way we can compete is landing a whale to fund this. We have a whale but that whale is far at sea and no one at the university can hook him apparently.
Meanwhile other fully stocked fishing holes are being ignored. Fish in those areas may be smaller but there are a lot more of them and they could provide for some damn good eating but we’d rather starve!

Last edited:
Reactions: Polk_High
Yes

Patrick G. Lyons was named Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff on June 10, 2019 and began his tenure on August 1. He oversees Athletics, Facilities and Operations, Human Resources, strategy and the Office of the President.

Prior to his appointment, Mr. Lyons served for eight years as the University’s Vice President for Athletics and Recreational Services. In that role, he led the University through a period of remarkable success in competition, academics, infrastructure growth and conference realignment, thereby enhancing the college experience for Seton Hall's 14 NCAA Division I athletics programs and the student body as a whole.

Lyons transformed Seton Hall’s athletic facilities through the Pride & Excellence Campaign, a fundraising initiative of the Pirate Blue Athletic Fund, that directly led to new state-of-the-art spaces, including an academic center, fitness center, sports medicine center, varsity weight room, film room, golf lab, locker rooms for all varsity sports and a new lobby in the Richie Regan Athletic and Recreation Center that features the interactive Seton Hall Athletics Hall of Fame.

Seton Hall student-athletes' collective grade-point average reached an all-time high, and they enjoyed renewed success on the field while competing in the BIG EAST, one of the most historic and successful conferences in the nation.

Mr. Lyons arrived at Seton Hall after spending seven years as Iona College's Director of Athletics, establishing its department as one of the top programs in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. He was the chief administrator for the Gaels' 21 NCAA Division I athletics programs.

In 1999, he earned his master's degree in teaching from Iona and earned an M.B.A. from the Hagan School of Business in 2004. Lyons has also served as an adjunct professor in the biology department at Iona and the Sports Business Management program at Manhattanville College.

Mr. Lyons is married to the former Rachel Cintolo, who is a member of the faculty at Rutgers University.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT