ADVERTISEMENT

What the committee sees Pirate fans

Joe045

Sophomore
May 14, 2006
We lost eight games against conference opponents. If I'm not mistaken, six of those eight are by 18 points or more. Four of our 13 wins against conference opponents are against the god awful DePaul Blue Demons and Georgetown Hoyas. Go by those numbers, the real mystery is how we are even on the bubble.

Reactions: da0987
All season I’ve been writing on this board that seton hall needs to invest in a sports psychologist because these blowout losses aren’t a talent problem.

As for the fact why are we on the bubble.. stop

Reactions: Fishjam and PROF Ed
All season I’ve been writing on this board that seton hall needs to invest in a sports psychologist because these blowout losses aren’t a talent problem.

As for the fact why are we on the bubble.. stop
I want to note this. I wonder how many readers here understand what our five starters went through? They have been playing BB almost non stop since this past summer. And doing so with an incredibly demanding coach.

They get next to no help from our bench, meaning every single game against quality competition they must bring their A games. Obviously over a season that's impossible and when a couple of them play poorly there is no reinforcements.

When that happens the structure of the game plan virtually disappears and there is no recourse. When you're down early it puts incredible stress on working your way back into the game. And even if you do more often than not you eventually run out of gas.

Calling for a sports psychologists is silly. Instead of dissecting every aspect of what Richmond, Dawes, Bediako, Davis and Wusu did, we should be honoring them for an incredible season that no one saw coming.

I believe in the preseason (too lazy to research) I picked them 6th, which was the highest anyone here picked them. Yet even that prediction looks silly in retrospect.

I want to note this. I wonder how many readers here understand what our five starters went through? They have been playing BB almost non stop since this past summer. And doing so with an incredibly demanding coach.

They get next to no help from our bench, meaning every single game against quality competition they must bring their A games. Obviously over a season that's impossible and when a couple of them play poorly there is no reinforcements.

When that happens the structure of the game plan virtually disappears and there is no recourse. When you're down early it puts incredible stress on working your way back into the game. And even if you do more often than not you eventually run out of gas.

Calling for a sports psychologists is silly. Instead of dissecting every aspect of what Richmond, Dawes, Bediako, Davis and Wusu did, we should be honoring them for an incredible season that no one saw coming.

I believe in the preseason (too lazy to research) I picked them 6th, which was the highest anyone here picked them. Yet even that prediction looks silly in retrospect.
It’s not silly at all…

UConn has used sports psychology tactics all season long. JJ McCarthy utilized a sports psychologist all season long to lead Michigan to a national championship

Sports psychology completely focuses on the full circle of athletic performance which includes the mental recovery of such workloads which impact the physical performance. Especially performance following injury, unexpected circumstances, etc. In no way shape or form is calling for a sports psychologist an indictment on any individuals, but rather a completely proven resource to maximize performance.

We lost eight games against conference opponents. If I'm not mistaken, six of those eight are by 18 points or more. Four of our 13 wins against conference opponents are against the god awful DePaul Blue Demons and Georgetown Hoyas. Go by those numbers, the real mystery is how we are even on the bubble.

Let me help you. Take Texas A&M-

Swept by Arkansas (16-15, 3-15 in Q1/Q2 games)
Lost to LSU (5-14 in Q1/Q2 games)
Lost to Vanderbilt (3-16 in Q1/Q2 games)
Lost to Memphis (5th place in the medicore AAC)
Lost to Ole Miss (6-12 Q1/Q2 games)
Uncompetitive loss to Virginia (2-7 in Q1 games)
Lost by 35 to Tennessee
Lost by 25 to Alabama

They have five Q3 losses and 14 total losses. 14!

Three of their wins are over Missouri and DePaul.

We're rewarding this mediocrity with a bid?

There is basketball outside of South Orange.

Last edited:
Let me help you. Take Texas A&M-

Swept by Arkansas (16-15, 3-15 in Q1/Q2 games)
Lost to LSU (5-14 in Q1/Q2 games)
Lost to Vanderbilt (3-16 in Q1/Q2 games)
Lost to Memphis (5th place in the medicore AAC)
Lost to Ole Miss (6-12 Q1/Q2 games)
Uncompetitive loss to Virginia (2-7 in Q1 games)
Lost by 35 to Tennessee
Lost by 25 to Alabama

They have five Q3 losses and 14 total losses. 14!

Three of their wins are over Missouri and DePaul.

We're rewarding this mediocrity with a bid?

There is basketball outside of South Orange.
Let me help you. Take Texas A & M.

Beat Tennessee by 16.
Beat Iowa State.
Beat Kentucky. Twice.
Beat Florida.

7-7 against Quad 1.
13-10 against Quad1/2.

I'm not saying they should be in or out, just saying need to show all sides of the coin. There is basketball outside of South Orange.

Beat Tennessee by 16.
Beat Iowa State.
Beat Kentucky. Twice.
Beat Florida.

7-7 against Quad 1.
13-10 against Quad1/2.

I'm not saying they should be in or out, just saying need to show all sides of the coin. There is basketball outside of South Orange.

Well then you should know that no team with 5 Q3 losses has ever received an at-large bid.

Last edited:

Beat Tennessee by 16.
Beat Iowa State.
Beat Kentucky. Twice.
Beat Florida.

7-7 against Quad 1.
13-10 against Quad1/2.

They sound like a slightly worse version of us, I'm still hopeful our guys get picked.

Well then you should know that no team with 5 Q3 losses has ever received an at-large bid.
Yup but it's full picture not isolated measures. We are told teams are selected based on their results-oriented measures while seeding is then based on predictive metrics like NET. Texas A & M scores very well on the results-oriented measures.

Reactions: Bud Boomer
It’s not silly at all…

UConn has used sports psychology tactics all season long. JJ McCarthy utilized a sports psychologist all season long to lead Michigan to a national championship

Sports psychology completely focuses on the full circle of athletic performance which includes the mental recovery of such workloads which impact the physical performance. Especially performance following injury, unexpected circumstances, etc. In no way shape or form is calling for a sports psychologist an indictment on any individuals, but rather a completely proven resource to maximize performance.

It’s great to think we implement something like that at our school. However at the same time, you are asking a college age kid to take more time out of their normal life. I think time away from basketball may be more beneficial. The guys said a big key to their success has been how connected they were off the court since Summer. Although I love the intensity of Sha, I imagine it can be draining at times, especially if it’s perceived that you are not matching his intensity.

I remember seeing an interview with Hailey Van Lith from LSU saying that she needed something outside of basketball to keep mental health in check. It is hard to just be zoned in on basketball the whole time in school.

Reactions: Gohall129
It’s great to think we implement something like that at our school. However at the same time, you are asking a college age kid to take more time out of their normal life. I think time away from basketball may be more beneficial. The guys said a big key to their success has been how connected they were off the court since Summer. Although I love the intensity of Sha, I imagine it can be draining at times, especially if it’s perceived that you are not matching his intensity.

I remember seeing an interview with Hailey Van Lith from LSU saying that she needed something outside of basketball to keep mental health in check. It is hard to just be zoned in on basketball the whole time in school.
Let’s not forget the best example.. Michael Jordan and his sports psychologist- Tim Grover

Dawes finished classes last semester. He does nothing but basketball now. there’s time and opportunity for this- even for those in classes

This thread is a collection of the nattering nabobs of negativity. We all know the score. Go pee on someone else’s parade.

Dan that’s not aimed at you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
The negativity never ends. All Be teams won four games vs GT and DePaul. We still finish in fourth place in the #2 rated conference. Geez.

Reactions: PirateFan94
We beat the 1 and 2 seeds in the tourney convincingly and took a 3 seed to triple overtime

They had to look at conf tournaments this year because of the ACC (NCState) and PAC 12 (Oregon). And of course the AAC.

• Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT