ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Supreme Cook leaning? Do we have a chance with him?

Haven’t heard much, think it will depend on how much $$$$ he’s trying to get…. BIG’s are at a premium

Offense is only 50% of the game.
That’s true. But I don’t agree that he’s a horrible defender or slim pickings. I think that is being negative just for negativity’s sake.

Look what our staff did with JB last year. If Cook comes to the Hall, he will play defense.

That’s true. But I don’t agree that he’s a horrible defender or slim pickings. I think that is being negative just for negativity’s sake.

Look what our staff did with JB last year. If Cook comes to the Hall, he will play defense.
When you’re the 301st ranked transfer prospect and we’ve struck out with everyone else, that’s slim pickings time.

Reactions: shupat08
We have some pretty negative and ignorant people on this forum.

In the 2 games we played against G-Town our combo centers (EHE/Bediako) had a combined 15 points and 13 rebounds.

Cook had 33 points and 16 rebounds.

So what is not to like about having Cook in a Pirates uniform. If it happens he would be a great replacement for EHE and Bediako!

When you’re the 301st ranked transfer prospect and we’ve struck out with everyone else, that’s slim pickings time.
JB was ranked 377th last year. Churchill Abass, the darling of this board 2 days ago, is not even ranked according to 247.

I think most would’ve taken Cook last season, and from what I saw of him at Georgetown I’d be even more excited if we landed him now.

Bediako was always a good defensive player. Was not any better on defense last year than in years before but his offense improved quite a bit.

Cook, on the other hand, has never been considered good defensively, with last season being his worst.

Reactions: shupat08
I would love COOK, i haven't heard him mentioned with any schools lately though which is odd

If you look at the blocks and steals here again in the 2 games we played against G-Town Cook has the better numbers versus Bediako and EHE.

So if last season he was so bad then EHE and Bediako are bad too.

Reactions: Bluebeard
If you look at the blocks and steals here again in the 2 games we played against G-Town Cook has the better numbers versus Bediako and EHE.

So if last season he was so bad then EHE and Bediako are bad too.
Or if you look at only 2 of the 30+ games played, that's probably a bad idea.

Or if you look at only 2 of the 30+ games played, that's probably a bad idea.
Go ahead and look at the whole body of work for the 2023/24 season. I just did and Cook's numbers are better than bediako in Rebounds, assists, steals and points. Bediako registered more blocks which is the only category he was better at.

Reactions: SOpirate
Bediako was always a good defensive player. Was not any better on defense last year than in years before but his offense improved quite a bit.

Cook, on the other hand, has never been considered good defensively, with last season being his worst.
What are your expert sources that said he is not good defensively?

Reactions: SOpirate

I’d posit that Georgetown as a whole was atrocious defensively, and that is more a product of Cooley’s poor coaching than anything else.

Cook has an extremely high motor. Give Sha & Co. an off season to work with him and he will be a competent defender come November.

Since rosters are year to year, potential is less important. Cook will be more impactful this season with Abass having much better upside.
I agree, but that’s assuming we’d be able to keep Abass home for multiple seasons.

As for next season, Cook would be the best player in our front court hands down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT