ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya Got?

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
Assisting Halldan again.

Right now, The Hall are playing better than Creighton. They usually shoot lights out against SHU. Scheierman is the player the team needs to shut down. Kalkbrenner is a tough matchup, but our two headed center may be able to limit him to some degree. The crowd at The Rock should be juiced with a probable National Ranking on the line. Hopefully, Richmond is near full strength? Hard to pick against SHU for this one, but Creighton is dangerous.

Seton Hall 73
Creighton 69

Creighton 71
Seton Hall 65
im thinking the same for the main reason that SHU is simply due for a loss. right?

Creighton also looking to avenge that ass kicking they just got. long cold way from Omaha right now though

I expect a focused performance by Creighton after getting embarrassed in Storrs. I think Seton Hall is a little banged up (more than we know) and riding a little too high right now. Worried about containing Trey Alexander and I'm not sure we have a good defensive counter to Scheierman. One thing that gives me optimism is we play with the same toughness and physicality that UConn did on Wednesday. Teams like that have historically given McDermott teams fits. I remember the game in Omaha in 2016 where we went in there and absolutely thrashed them on the glass. Controlled that game throughout. We need a similar effort on Saturday.

I really hope we win. Honestly, part of my pick is superstition. I've picked us to lose most of the Big East games so far and I'd hate to pick us to win and then we lose, LOL. If we do win, it sets us up beautifully to contend for the league title over the next six weeks. Protecting home court in winnable games is vital to enhancing NCAA seeding and contending for league titles. We are going to lose games on the road, especially against the better teams, so we need to take care of business at the Rock. Maybe it's SH PTSD in my mind, but this seems like the classic Seton Hall letdown spot where we don't take the next step. Again, really hope I'm wrong. If we do win, I'm fully on board with this being a unique, special season. A win takes the next step towards a possible league title and a strong seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Not making a pick as I have refrained:). We are due for a loss, but the last thing Creighton needs after two rugged games against SJU and UConn, is an even more physical team. Being on the road for three games won't help.

Need to play Kalk with aggressive man-to-man and there are 10 fouls to give. Jaden and EHE have the size and just need to keep doing what they have been.

Kalkbrenner is a tough matchup, but our two headed center may be able to limit him to some degree.
They will certainly defend him better than Seton Hall did last year. I distinctly remember Tray Jackson letting Kalkbrenner have an easy dunk on three straight possessions in Omaha last year. Kalkbrenner finished that game with 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 blocks.

Last edited:
I expect a focused performance by Creighton after getting embarrassed in Storrs. I think Seton Hall is a little banged up (more than we know) and riding a little too high right now. Worried about containing Trey Alexander and I'm not sure we have a good defensive counter to Scheierman. One thing that gives me optimism is we play with the same toughness and physicality that UConn did on Wednesday. Teams like that have historically given McDermott teams fits. I remember the game in Omaha in 2016 where we went in there and absolutely thrashed them on the glass. Controlled that game throughout. We need a similar effort on Saturday.

I really hope we win. Honestly, part of my pick is superstition. I've picked us to lose most of the Big East games so far and I'd hate to pick us to win and then we lose, LOL. If we do win, it sets us up beautifully to contend for the league title over the next six weeks. Protecting home court in winnable games is vital to enhancing NCAA seeding and contending for league titles. We are going to lose games on the road, especially against the better teams, so we need to take care of business at the Rock. Maybe it's SH PTSD in my mind, but this seems like the classic Seton Hall letdown spot where we don't take the next step. Again, really hope I'm wrong. If we do win, I'm fully on board with this being a unique, special season. A win takes the next step towards a possible league title and a strong seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Wusu on alexander and davis on schierman i would think is the move. im more concerned about bediako and kalkbrunner. guy has hung in there but eventually one of thes amazing big men will go off.

Don't like Davis on Scheierman at all. Too slow. I would put Davis on Mason Miller, who won't touch the ball as much as the other four starters. Wusu has to guard Alexander or Scheierman. I think I'd lean Scheierman there. Who Richmond guards is the big question to me. He's so big and versatile defensively, but how much do you want to have him running around chasing guys? I think he would really disrupt Ashworth getting into their offense, but his length could also be needed more on either Alexander or Scheierman and then you let Dawes cover Ashworth. Really intrigued to see how Shaheen plays this.

Last edited:
Sha are you listening? Forum posters are you listening?

Here is the Creighton game plan:

1. If there is an open look take the 3 pointer. They are due to start making them.
2. Feed Kalkbrenner down low at every opportunity.
3. Make Obiako follow Kalkbrenner out beyond the arc and when Obiako does his switch like he likes to do Kalkbrenner will race to the basket for a an easy basket since there are no big forwards to contest his shot.

Simple game plan. If executed as I see it Creighton 85 SHU 70.

If Creighton remains cold from 3 point land and our 2 headed centers play Kalkbrenner smart then SHU 75 Creighton 70.

Couldn't be a 2 more contrasting styles.
Creighton finesse vs Pirates Grit
Kalkbrenner is a finesse big man that you need to get physical with.
You have to make Ashworth, scheirman and Alexander put the ball on the floor.

I think our physicality will be to much for them
Hall 77-66

Some are concerned with a letdown. Letting down against a top 20 team with the whole basketball nation still thinking you are a fluke? Not buying it. Frankly I’m more concerned with a letdown against PC next week. After a 75-70 seton hall win tomorrow.

I don’t see the letdown either. If Creighton hits their shots and can create easy baskets inside then they will probably win. Something to note is the amount of minutes Alexander has been logging.. May be affecting his production in the last couple. Also, this is a game where the SHU bench should be able to match or out produce the Creighton bench. Their core 3 or 4 starters produce almost all the points. Slow down one and a much better chance for a Hall victory.

I distinctly remember Tray Jackson letting Kalkbrenner have an easy dunk on three straight possessions in Omaha last year. Kalkbrenner finished that game with 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 blocks.
There's a guy I don't miss one single bit this year. I'm sure he was a fine kid, but was one of the worst fits on a roster/coach's philosophy I've ever seen.

The matchups for this one don't seem favorable, but I've thought that about a few other games so far and we keep getting the better of them, so I'll hold off on ceding a double-double to Kalkbrenner, as good as he is.

We have a very good team that is playing confidently and feeding off their coach. Creighton is also very good, even if a step off of last year's team with the losses of Kaluma and Nembhardt. But the biggest thing working against us in this one is just the law of averages. Playing against a run of good teams, sooner or later, we're just bound to come up on the short end. Is that tomorrow? I kind of feel like it is. Hope I'm wrong.

Creighton 74
Hall 67

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue and shu09
Sha are you listening? Forum posters are you listening?

Here is the Creighton game plan:

1. If there is an open look take the 3 pointer. They are due to start making them.
2. Feed Kalkbrenner down low at every opportunity.
3. Make Obiako follow Kalkbrenner out beyond the arc and when Obiako does his switch like he likes to do Kalkbrenner will race to the basket for a an easy basket since there are no big forwards to contest his shot.

Simple game plan. If executed as I see it Creighton 85 SHU 70.

If Creighton remains cold from 3 point land and our 2 headed centers play Kalkbrenner smart then SHU 75 Creighton 70.
um.....Obiako?

kind of kills that credibility...

They beat us like a drum last year twice. Scheierman killed us. Put DAW on him. They’re also 3-1 at The Rock in recent years. Another team I want to beat badly.

I think the match-up is much better for us than last year because they lost some versatility of scoring inside beyond Kalkbrenner and physicality with Nembhard and Kaluma departing and were a better offensive team. All their games against decent BE teams have been tight. They’re even more perimeter based now and that insane 3PA:FGA mark worries me because of how spotty we’ve been defending it (much better last month, awful in non-con). Alexander is 6/18 and 0/8 from 3 in his past two games. I think that changes.

Creighton, 73-68

Hall 76
Cray 69

All the metrics and all the recent past history points to Creighton. We also haven't matched up well with their style. Yet, we didn't match up well with Marquette either.

All the analysis projects a Blue Jays win. The eye test on both teams over the past 3-4 weeks says Seton Hall.

They beat us like a drum last year twice. Scheierman killed us. Put DAW on him. They’re also 3-1 at The Rock in recent years. Another team I want to beat badly.

I think the match-up is much better for us than last year because they lost some versatility of scoring inside beyond Kalkbrenner and physicality with Nembhard and Kaluma departing and were a better offensive team. All their games against decent BE teams have been tight. They’re even more perimeter based now and that insane 3PA:FGA mark worries me because of how spotty we’ve been defending it (much better last month, awful in non-con). Alexander is 6/18 and 0/8 from 3 in his past two games. I think that changes.

Creighton, 73-68
Wasn’t that the game where ndefo got in scheiderman’s face and he then proceeded to light ndefo up

Seton Hall 82 -71, we take our sneaker off their neck late so the score doesn't look as bad. Sha trying to keep our net high. He likes it better that way. We owe these guys a beat down.

Reactions: catholicman
They are in first place and playing a ranked team at home. That doesn’t guarantee a win, but I don’t see a letdown.

They are shooting better because they are getting better shots. Biggest concern is our backcourt just having a bad shooting night.

Worried more about a letdown with the next three (Providence, DePaul and Georgetown)

A bit surprised I got 2.5 so taking it gladly with the MLine -- Believe Creighton stays in its slump and Hall 76- 66 at the Rock.
Bluejays 22% v Johnnies And 23% v Hurley's from 3 -- hope they continue to wallow and Hall crashes the Boards

Last edited:

Superstition is the very reason I don’t make predictions here.

Reactions: CL82 and shu09
I keep having flashbacks to that Xavier game on a Saturday afternoon after starting 8-0 the one year.

I keep having flashbacks to that Xavier game on a Saturday afternoon after starting 8-0 the one year.
Yes - although that was the 3rd game of 3 game homestand, and we did not look very good in the first 2 games. We certainly looked good the other night.

This may be a dumb question but is there any game day parking availability usually at the Lafayette St parking deck? Every time I’ve gone before it has always been with a prepaid pass. I know there’s lots further out but with it being so cold, it would be nice not to have to walk further.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT