ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Win this game and your ticket is punched.

That said, the Pirate will have to be careful because McDermott, the clone of Jay Wright, will keep his starters in the entire game regardless of the score.

Creighton 79
Seton Hall 69

Isaiah needs the green light to attack and score. He takes a backseat too much. He's got some serious talent. We need him to contribute on offense when Wusu struggles.

Hall 73
CU 67

Reactions: Jlhall74
i have actually thought we would win this game all year. I had a similar feeling last year at Providence. Is Creighton going to sweep us for the 3rd straight year. I say no.....
Pirates 71-69

Pirates 78 Creighton 76 as Creighton's woes from three continue. Sha will look hard at what the Johnnies did too.

Reactions: catholicman
I think you can learn alot from that st johns game .Creighton goes as scheirman and Ashworth 3 point shooting goes
Defend those 2 like crazy . Just keep Kalkbrenner from rolling to hoop
Let Alexander get his
Now you have a fighting chance ..
Hall 74-C 73

That student showing from last week when they beat UCONN was incredible and they had their letdown game and it was SJU. Also they know the 3 seed which we are both fighting for is huge bc the 3 seeds first game is vs a 6-11 tired winner from the night before. This is a huge game!

I think tomorrow is going to be really really tough with those factors and we lose big
88-63. But I got a funny feeling we play our best game of the year and beat UCONN this wknd.

Reactions: Section112
I had nightmares last night dreaming that Creighton made every three pointer they missed against St Johns versus us!

A blowout.

Creighton 82
SHU 68

Reactions: SOBO1
Bad news: we are playing Creighton in a must win situation for them. (1) coming off a loss. (2) playing for protected seed in Omaha (3) beating us pushes them to 3rd place and they avoid UConn until the finals.

Good news: (1) losses in the next two games will push us off the 8/9 line. (2) we still control our own destiny - just win our home games.

Goal: keep the next two games competitive and do minimal damage to metrics.

That student showing from last week when they beat UCONN was incredible and they had their letdown game and it was SJU. Also they know the 3 seed which we are both fighting for is huge bc the 3 seeds first game is vs a 6-11 tired winner from the night before. This is a huge game!

I think tomorrow is going to be really really tough with those factors and we lose big
88-63. But I got a funny feeling we play our best game of the year and beat UCONN this wknd.
Sign me up for that scenario. Nonetheless, our NET would probably go down.

I actually agree that we would more likely get blown out by Creighton than UCONN.

Don't be fooled - we are walking into the lion's den tomorrow. There is just way too much on the line for Creighton here.

By comparison purposes, imagine we were playing for a protected seed in Brooklyn and we were hanging on to a four seed by a thread. If we are able to keep this within single digits I would be shocked/ecstatic.

Last edited:
This a great opportunity game, but have to be realistic…

CU 78
SHU 67

I love all the optimism, and I think we'll make a good show of it, but that is a tough place to win. As bullish as I am with this team, I'd be surprised to come out of there with the dub.

Creighton 79
Hall 72

Reactions: Piratz
So, this one is as tough as it gets. We'd probably need Richmond and Dawes to combine for about 40 points. Creighton really took advantage of the hedging by SHU on defense in the first meeting. I truly hope we punch our ticket out there, but I think it's too much to ask. Sha has to keep this to 10 or less. Besides winning 5 or less would be a good sign.

Creighton 77
Seton Hall 68

82 - 57 Seton Hall.

The Ohio State rumor spreads like wild flowers ala Cooley’s last prov vs hall game. Players don’t show up, Plantation man not focused on game, we sleep walk to a dominating performance with our bench scoring 25 pts.

Reactions: chickenbox
Our guards will be on full display tonight, not going to be easy in front of a big noisy crowd but senior leadership will prevail. Something tells me Wusu is going to have a big night. 71-67 SHU

Reactions: bigraym
Tonight, & for the next few games, the team has to do something that they've been unable to all season--defend the 3! Creighton, Uconn & nova all live by the 3 -- limit it & we might grab a couple big wins-- if not the bubble bursts. Hello NIT

Hall has to be physical again. With all the minutes Creighton’ starters play, making them work hard has to work to our advantage.

Get some post play calls for Kadary and Davis and even Wusu all game if possible with Dawes roaming the perimeter.

I would mix in some pressing with some matchup zone if I were Sha, but I know those things won’t happen.

Hard to press for two reasons.

1. No bench.
2. That leaves shooters open on the perimeter when the press is broken.

Hard to press for two reasons.

1. No bench.
2. That leaves shooters open on the perimeter when the press is broken.
Yes but Creighton is turnover prone. I wouldn’t do it all game long, but it’s definitely why St. John’s beat them once and almost twice.

13 last game.

We have to defend the 3. Period. We take care of everything else and we win. Let them bomb and we lose. Close as can be. Keep the score down, be brutal on D. 69-68

Reactions: Seton00
While SHU really needs to win this game Creighton will also be highly motivated to win on their home turf. To win this all 5 SHU players need to bring their "A" game. That is highly unlikely to happen. While I will root for my Pirates I see this as a romp for Creighton. The style of play favors Creighton. SHU wants to score by driving to the basket. Unless Kalkbrener is hurt or in foul trouble that will not work for the Pirates. He will block a lot of the shots or cause the Pirates to miss layups. Dylan will be impacted the most by the big guy down low. Meanwhile Creighton will hit their "3"s and mid range jumpers.

I see this as 90 to 75 Creighton.

Hall is for real, but Creighton is so tough in Omaha. Coming off a loss I think the Jays put up a big effort.

CU 77
SHU 61

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT