ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Not a clue. So many variables.

Will Richmond be close to healthy?

How much of a drain both physically and mentally will the triple OT be?

Providence coming off a week's rest and being desperate.

I'll go with the home team but not with a lot of confidence with so many unknowns.

Seton Hall 69
Providence 67

Reactions: LBP43
Definitely a tricky game. Providence now an even quicker team without Hopkins and more guard oriented. We need to outrebound them again, play the game at our pace, run them off the 3 pt line. If we do those things:

Seton Hall 80
Providence 72

The Hall by 8...we need to take our frustrations on some one, why not Providence.....81-73 the Hall

I’ll take The Hall in another tight game where we’re on pins and needles.

Seton Hall, 73-70

In my view, this is a game we need to win.......

Must Wins......@Depaul, Gtown, Butler, Depaul (4)
Needed Wins - Providence, Xavier (1 or 2)
Split - @Nova/Nova (1)
House Money - @ Marquette, @ Creighton, @ St John's; @ UCONN

This gets you at least 12 wins and possibly 13.

If we would have won the Creighton game this would probably be a let down blow out loss type game.

Hall-70 to 66

We really need this one. At Marq after and then those "nothing-to-gain-everything-to-lose" games right after (DePaul/Georgetown). Not going 3-1 in that stretch may mean we have to scratch and claw to the finish.

That being said, we emptied the clip against Creighton. Our 5 starters each logged 45+ minutes. And as mentioned, Friars had a week off and revenge on the mind.

SHU 71
Prov 76

Hope I'm wrong.

Very nervous about this game. However, to date in the Holloway era they have beaten the teams they are supposed to beat for the most part.

SH 65
PC 63

Reactions: mbraue and Piratz
Not a clue. So many variables.

Will Richmond be close to healthy?

How much of a drain both physically and mentally will the triple OT be?

Providence coming off a week's rest and being desperate.

I'll go with the home team but not with a lot of confidence with so many unknowns.

Seton Hall 69
Providence 67
We always fear playing good teams coming off a loss that stung. I think we qualify.
Pirates 79
Friars 69

Reactions: mbraue
This game is about the Seton Hall DEFENSE. Let Carter earn his 20 points. Focus on shutting down Oduro and limit Pierre. We need the SJU & Creighton crowd energy to make this very difficult on Providence. Slight bench edge to SHU. Need one guy to score in the 20's. I believe the team has bought into Sha's demand to play tough defense.

Hall 72
Providence 67

If our bigs play Oduro like they did Kalkbreener letting him set high screens, switch off him and then he rolls to the basket for easy dunk, layup or short jumper we lose! That will be the Providence formula for sure. The only saving grace is they are near the bottom in the BE along with SHU for 3 point percentage.

They are at the bottom in free throw percentage so if we can get fouled a lot and make our free throws we can win it at the line.

Low scoring sloppy game won at the free throw line:

SHU 65 Providence 59

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT