ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Even with Richmond this was going to be a difficult mountain to climb. And not knowing his status makes it nearly impossible to project a score.

But what the hell....

Marquette 80

SHU 69

Reactions: shu67
with Richmond
MU 78
SHU 70

Without Richmond
MU 74
SHU 58

Might be able to keep it close for a half. I'm assuming Richmond does not play.
MU 81
SHU 66

Richmond playing or not will not be the complete issue. Mobility and quickness in the low post will be the issue. The plan will be shoot the 3 ball when open and feed an open Ighadoro who will often be all by himself because of his size and quickness and the bad switching done by either of our bigmen.

Marquette by 15.

I think even with a healthy Richmond we lose this game by a decent amount.

I say we sit him and take our lumps. Sit him again Tuesday against a DePaul team we should beat handily without him and have him back vs Gtown on Feb. 7 fully rested for the final stretch.
That is if he’s just resting it and he’s fine.

I am guessing The Hall will be a 8 or 9 point underdog? I think smart money to hammer Marquette. Don't think we can keep it inside the number assuming Richmond is out

You have to figure Marquette is going to be fired up for this one at home.

Marquette 78
Hall 67

I think we can give them a game if Richmond is feeling better after a week off. But without that, 77-70 MU.

10AM start time? No students at the game. We fly out today and bond as a team. I like our chances SHU 71-67. I never pick against us but have a good feeling about this game.

I would expect Sha’s team to come out strong after what’s transpired this week. And now with some time to adjust. We’ll see.

If Richmond plays and my gut says he won't, then SHU can win this game. If he can play and just contribute some points that would also be great. If Richmond doesn't play, then SHU has to slow the game down to a crawl and try to win in the 60's. That's super tough against Marquette. They "may" not bring max focus if they don't see Richmond in uniform. Also, it's their third game in 8 days too, so maybe their offensive game is off a tad. The Hall has to shut one guy down bigtime. I'd say K Jones is the guy.

Marquette 73
SHU 67

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT