ADVERTISEMENT

Will we get back to normal in 2021?

I dont follow these stats like 09 does, but I read an article this week sayis 1 on 5 NJ hospital beds are filled by covid patients.

Hospitalizations continue to drop.

Yes I do recognize that. They go down for a couple days and go up again. I think this will probably happen the rest of January

But this particular poster was making a big deal about the RT rate. I just had to point that out to him.

4000 died yesterday. The most ever? After all this sacrifice and suffering, unprecedented changes to how we live, and we set a death record 11 months into this? This sounds like the progress SHU made in the 2nd half Wed night.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Yes I do recognize that. They go down for a couple days and go up again. I think this will probably happen the rest of January

But this particular poster was making a big deal about the RT rate. I just had to point that out to him.

Just need to recognize that anything under 1 represents burnout and anything above 1 represents spread. Where it is now is still manageable. There will be a holiday bump and that should start to go down afterwards unless the more contagious mutation is spreading here. Something to keep an eye on, but hopefully NJ is at the peak now.

4000 died yesterday. The most ever? After all this sacrifice and suffering, unprecedented changes to how we live, and we set a death record 11 months into this? This sounds like the progress SHU made in the 2nd half Wed night.

We've gotta learn to live with it. The restrictions should go away and those who are at risk should be advised to take precautions.

Murphy said rt didn't matter much the other day (when it was below 1). Now I suspect he will change his tune. LOL.

If you read earlier in this thread, I mentioned that to @donnie_baseball. Ms. Judy and Murphy said RT doesn't matter anymore. But donny insisted on using that stat and name calling me.

Deaths and hospitalizations down once again. That's all that matters.

Should really be looking at a trend line of averages for deaths. Day to day activity isn't consistent.
We are still on the way up and will probably continue to see increases for at least a couple weeks. I'm not saying that like we should panic. More than it is expected, and we shouldn't panic when we see it as long as we don't start to see a huge increase in new hospital admissions.

6z8kMlJ.jpg

For current hospitalizations, the trendline looks good in that it seems we have peaked so we will be able to manage resource use without significant issues.

v0gRAiw.jpeg

Keep in mind though, that when you see a level line like that it means that new admissions are about equal to discharges and deaths which have both been increasing (trend line) the last few weeks.

This is morphing into a mild case-demic.

We are heading into what will be the worst weeks of the pandemic.

Deaths and hospitalizations down once again. That's all that matters. This is morphing into a mild case-demic.
This is obviously just my Personal experience but I tested positive last Wednesday. Called my primary doctor to tell him who said there’s a whole lot of his patients getting it, but few that are getting very sick. Of course that’s Probably not a very large sample size in the grand scheme of everything. Just relaying what I experienced

This is obviously just my Personal experience but I tested positive last Wednesday. Called my primary doctor to tell him who said there’s a whole lot of his patients getting it, but few that are getting very sick. Of course that’s Probably not a very large sample size in the grand scheme of everything. Just relaying what I experienced

Hope you stay well. I think your experience would be the experience for the far majority of people who get it.
Seems that it is somewhere around 3-5% of people who get it will need care which is very low and varies quite a bit by age of course.

Hope you stay well. I think your experience would be the experience for the far majority of people who get it.
Seems that it is somewhere around 3-5% of people who get it will need care which is very low and varies quite a bit by age of course.
Thank you. So far for me just minor symptoms. Not sure I would’ve been able to say that had we lost to DePaul!

First of all, I hope you will be fine and recover with no issues. If you don't mind me asking, what are your symptoms? If you don't want to answer, I completely understand.

Thanks for your view, this is what I'm saying. A lot of people will get it but thankfully most won't become seriously ill. This is what I mean by a mild case-demic. Lots of cases, lots of mild illnesses.

First of all, I hope you will be fine and recover with no issues. If you don't mind me asking, what are your symptoms? If you don't want to answer, I completely understand.

Thanks for your view, this is what I'm saying. A lot of people will get it but thankfully most won't become seriously ill. This is what I mean by a mild case-demic. Lots of cases, lots of mild illnesses.
Thanks! Thus far for me, the symptoms have been minor. Basically feels like having a head cold, and I did lose my sense of smell. No fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. at least not yet. I’m a week from when the symptoms first started. My wife (also positive) has had a similar experience but still has her sense of smell.

Last edited:
Thanks! Thus far for me, the symptoms have been minor. Basically feels like having a head cold, and I did lose my sense of smell. No fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. at least not yet. I’m a week from when the symptoms first started. My wife (also positive) has had a similar experience but still has her sense of smell.

Hi @hbkmyr. I wish you and your wife the speediest recoveries.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully no worse than that and you get better quickly.

Hello. NJ is now appearing to prepare for another surge. Governor Murphy and Ms Judy are now calling for a hospitalization surge that goes into January. Moderate predictions have the hospitalizations going up to 4,000-4,500 and high predictions have hospitalizations going up to 6,000+

I remember I was told that I was a "dummy" for saying the RT rate would go back up and that this pandemic is far from over.

Hello. I have been told multiple times on this board that I am wrong for predicting government enforcing mask mandates after the Covid pandemic. If you remember correctly, my first warning was the MSM would push for this agenda. My first warning is now coming true. This article on cnbc is pushing for "a new normal" after the pandemic. The author suggests people should always wear masks in crowded places such as sporting events, mass transit etc. More to come from the MSM in the coming months on this. Then the CDC will come out with new guidance explaining mask wearing is recommended because it will reduce the transmission of the common flu and covid.

Huh? We are not leveling off and definitely not at the peak yet.

In NJ?

Increase in hospital census from 11/15 to 12/15 = 80%
increase in hospital census from 12/15 to 1/15 = 0.4%

Things could take a turn of the other strain really is more contagious, but as things stand now... we appear to have leveled off.

In NJ?

Increase in hospital census from 11/15 to 12/15 = 80%
increase in hospital census from 12/15 to 1/15 = 0.4%

Things could take a turn of the other strain really is more contagious, but as things stand now... we appear to have leveled off.

Yes, NJ. Are you retracting your summer 2021 prediction yet?

Correct. Did you actually read my post? "I have been right about MOST of this"

Merge is a master manipulator. Takes everything literally and then hunts down your posting history to see if something differs from what you're saying now. As if people can never change their opinions and/or always right.

Reactions: shufan1993
Merge is a master manipulator. Takes everything literally and then hunts down your posting history to see if something differs from what you're saying now. As if people can never change their opinions and/or always right.

Of course opinions can change, but when you make predictions and then say your predictions were right... it’s really not that hard to see if that is accurate.
He spent all summer saying we would close down in September. He has thrown all kinds of crap against the wall, just because some sticks doesn’t mean he has been mostly correct. He’s trolling. Has been from the start. You recognized that early on.

And as far as me being a master manipulator because I take people literally... maybe just add “just kidding” at the end of your posts to avoid the confusion when I should take you to mean what you are writing.

Understood. He must have not fully read my post from 11:10 PM last night. I clearly said I have been right about most of this. Meaning I have been wrong about a couple things including the September shut down.

Of course opinions can change, but when you make predictions and then say your predictions were right... it’s really not that hard to see if that is accurate.
He spent all summer saying we would close down in September. He has thrown all kinds of crap against the wall, just because some sticks doesn’t mean he has been mostly correct. He’s trolling. Has been from the start. You recognized that early on.

And as far as me being a master manipulator because I take people literally... maybe just add “just kidding” at the end of your posts to avoid the confusion when I should take you to mean what you are writing.

Hello. Please block me if you think these things. I am not a troll. You said you blocked me a couple months back and then you started responding to me again.

I appears the great governor is now optimistic because Joe Biden is in office and he is now facing reelection. Will the great governor now quarantine for 2 weeks because he was at a large group gatherings in Washington DC?

I appears the great governor is now optimistic because Joe Biden is in office and he is now facing reelection. Will the great governor now quarantine for 2 weeks because he was at a large group gatherings in Washington DC?

Or maybe... Covid in NJ peaked About a month ago and Covid hospitalizations are at the lowest they have been in a month and a half. ICU numbers are down, Rt rate is down. 5% of the state has received their first dose of the vaccine.

Pretty much every metric is trending the right way in NJ right now. Lots of reasons to be optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT