ADVERTISEMENT

Will we get back to normal in 2021?

shufan1993

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hello everyone! I would like to wish everyone on this board a happy new year. A question to the board. Do you think we will get back to normal in 2021? If so, when in 2021? (spring, summer, fall/winter 2021)? Will we have a "mask free" summer as one poster said a few weeks ago? Will we be going back to the Rock for the 2021-2022 season? Will indoor/outdoor restrictions be eased? Or will things pretty much be the same as 2020? I am looking forward to everyone's opinions/predictions!

Not sure what bar a is but sounds good to me! Probably still a few years down the line! What is your prediction we will be back to normal @NYShoreGuy ? Do you agree with a poster that said we will not need masks this summer?

I'll buy the 2nd drink.

bar a is likely a typo.

If the vaccine takes hold, I think there are good odds we will be sans mask.

Last edited:
Assuming that there are no issues with the vaccine and we are in schedule with distribution, yes.

Assuming that there are no issues with the vaccine and we are in schedule with distribution, yes.

Thank you! I will remember this post. So when you say you didn't say that I will refer back to this post!

Prediction: we will be mostly back to normal by summer, and will get no admission of being wrong from Pedro, err shufan1993. Saw that the Rt continues to drop...

Still very interested to read the "Citizen of the Year" story. Instead of a link or your name, just the town would probably work.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Prediction: we will be mostly back to normal by summer, and will get no admission of being wrong from Pedro, err shufan1993. Saw that the Rt continues to drop...

Still very interested to read the "Citizen of the Year" story. Instead of a link or your name, just the town would probably work.

I will remember this prediction!
And nice try! I will still refuse giving that info to a poster that was not nice to me! A simple google search would suffice!

I will remember this prediction!
And nice try! I will still refuse giving that info to a poster that was not nice to me! A simple google search would suffice!

I did have some time on my hands today, and there are zero google hits regarding a NJ citizen of the year winner that has not been out of the house in 9 months. As expected, it's a lie. But keep trolling; you probably have a quota of wasting other people's time to meet.

I did have some time on my hands today, and there are zero google hits regarding a NJ citizen of the year winner that has not been out of the house in 9 months. As expected, it's a lie. But keep trolling; you probably have a quota of wasting other people's time to meet.

Its not a lie. You must not be searching the incorrect information. The only other information I will give is the article is by my local town newspaper. Maybe that's why you can't find it. Might need a subscription. Thank you.

@donnie_baseball You must not be up to date. The Governor and Ms. Judy have stressed the RT is no longer a valid stat to keep track of. I agree hospitalizations have been stable but still going up some days. We are still a long ways off. And I disagree that we will have a normal summer. With the new UK strain I think restaurants will still be at 25% capacity this summer.

Also you are incorrect about another thing as well. RT rate is going back up. And hospitalizations are supposed to go up as well over the next couple weeks. This pandemic is far from over! I truly believe we will be nowhere near normal in the summer. Too many people will not be going for their vaccines.

Also you are incorrect about another thing as well. RT rate is going back up. And hospitalizations are supposed to go up as well over the next couple weeks. This pandemic is far from over! I truly believe we will be nowhere near normal in the summer. Too many people will not be going for their vaccines.

Up .02. Still below 1, dummy.

Reactions: Merge
Up .02. Still below 1, dummy.

Hello. RT up again to .96. It appears it is going to go up to above 1 again because of Christmas and New Years gatherings Another rise in hospitalizations. Please don't call me a dummy. This pandemic will get a lot worse.

I do think they will pop up a little each winter but won’t be mandated or wildly adopted, just not quite as abnormal as it would have been a year ago.

This is where you are wrong. Murphy is just prepping for his executive order to wear masks in public places after the pandemic.

I'm just laughing think about the posters saying we would be back to normal this summer @Merge @donnie_baseball . The governor you support said we will be wearing masks is going to stay with us!

The great Dr. Fauci highly disagrees with @Merge and @donnie_baseball take that we will be back to normal by the summer. Fauci mentioned we might see normality from fall to late fall 2021. Unfortunately I think he will be incorrect as well.

Good for him. I agree we will be back to normal by the fall, though I do believe it will be earlier than that as long as the vaccine schedule goes as planned and those who want to be vaccinated will have an opportunity to be vaccinated between April and June.

Good for him. I agree we will be back to normal by the fall, though I do believe it will be earlier than that as long as the vaccine schedule goes as planned and those who want to be vaccinated will have an opportunity to be vaccinated between April and June.

And just to confirm. You believe the we will be back to normal without masks this summer under a Murphy Admin?

Hi @donnie_baseball. RT update. 1.02....You mentioned the RT rate was going down.

Stop name calling after I was proven right again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT