ADVERTISEMENT

Will we get back to normal in 2021?

Or maybe... Covid in NJ peaked About a month ago and Covid hospitalizations are at the lowest they have been in a month and a half. ICU numbers are down, Rt rate is down. 5% of the state has received their first dose of the vaccine.

Pretty much every metric is trending the right way in NJ right now. Lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Huh? You didn't read these predictions from Governor Murphy and Ms. judy last week when Trump was still in office? So what is it? Are we optimistic now or are we following the Prediction from Ms Judy last week that showed a mid February surge with a possible projected 4,500-6000 hospitalizations?

Huh? You didn't read these predictions from Governor Murphy and Ms. judy last week when Trump was still in office? So what is it? Are we optimistic now or are we following the Prediction from Ms Judy last week that showed a mid February surge with a possible projected 4,500-6000 hospitalizations?

I'm just telling you what I see.
1st indicator is positive rate. That started to increase in the middle of October. Surge in hospitalizations started in November. Positivity rate peaked 2 weeks ago and is on the decline, and the hospital census is just now starting to decline.

I still don't know if the new strain is more contagious so things could change, but we will see that in the positivity rate first.

Reactions: shu09
I'm just telling you what I see.
1st indicator is positive rate. That started to increase in the middle of October. Surge in hospitalizations started in November. Positivity rate peaked 2 weeks ago and is on the decline, and the hospital census is just now starting to decline.

I still don't know if the new strain is more contagious so things could change, but we will see that in the positivity rate first.

But please tell me. Should we listen to what miss judy and governor murphy told us last week? Or today? Two different stories and two different presidents in office.

But please tell me. Should we listen to what miss judy and governor murphy told us last week? Or today? Two different stories and two different presidents in office.

I rarely watch them, so I don't have any context of what they said, but I honestly don't care what you do. I gave you my opinion, not theirs.

Hello. Some posters have predicted a "maskless, normal" summer in 2021. However the vice chancellor of rutgers and Dr. Fauci disagree with that prediction. When asked during his press briefing Fauci now has admitted he now believes mask wearing/social distancing stay in effect until 2022 and he said very possible could go into 2023. The vice chancellor from Rutgers admits we probably won't be back to normal to at least 2023.

I rarely watch them, so I don't have any context of what they said, but I honestly don't care what you do. I gave you my opinion, not theirs.
At least you accompanied your standard not sure, need more info, etc with an I don’t care.

At least you accompanied your standard not sure, need more info, etc with an I don’t care.

I already provided why I believe NJ is trending in the right direction, not sure why you think that is me saying I need more info. I can't really provide an opinion on what Murphy said when I have no idea what Murphy said.
I guess could make something up if you'd like?

I do care very much about the pandemic and I have strong opinions on the subject. My views are not dependent on what Murphy, Trump or Biden says. My views are based on the data and trends.

Mr. Biden is now saying he cannot change the trajectory of the pandemic over the next seven months. He did not say this during the campaign

Mr. Biden is now saying he cannot change the trajectory of the pandemic over the next seven months. He did not say this during the campaign

it’s not like there is a switch. You don’t flip something and then everything is back to normal. We are going to lose at least another 100,000 lives to the pandemic regardless of anything Biden does. We will promote mitigation efforts and the vaccine but that is the path we are on.

Also he said several, not seven.

it’s not like there is a switch. You don’t flip something and then everything is back to normal. We are going to lose at least another 100,000 lives to the pandemic regardless of anything Biden does. We will promote mitigation efforts and the vaccine but that is the path we are on.

Yes, sorry that was a typo.

Also, by Biden's statement here it looks like your normal summer will not be happening.

Also, by Biden's statement here it looks like your normal summer will not be happening.
Who knows about summer

What we do know:

If we r open Biden and trump will take credit

If we r not they will blame each other

I’m using Biden and Trump rather than R or D just for effect

Big shock this got politicized even though nobody really knows shit about this novel virus other than it will spread no matter what u do

Merge, how do you think Biden’s messaging has been on this. (And I’m not asking in comparison to Trump, who we all agree was awful in his)? Personally, I think he is coming across like a typical politician by saying the vaccine roll-out to date has been a “disaster”. How does that make the people at Moderna and Pfizer feel who have done something incredibly fast? How does that make the people at CVS and Walgreens, or those at hospitals who are administering it feel?

I am hoping his tone would be about uniting but this first test fell flat. Why not say we are going to build on the work that’s been done and accelerate the administration?

Merge, how do you think Biden’s messaging has been on this. (And I’m not asking in comparison to Trump, who we all agree was awful in his)? Personally, I think he is coming across like a typical politician by saying the vaccine roll-out to date has been a “disaster”. How does that make the people at Moderna and Pfizer feel who have done something incredibly fast? How does that make the people at CVS and Walgreens, or those at hospitals who are administering it feel?

I am hoping his tone would be about uniting but this first test fell flat. Why not say we are going to build on the work that’s been done and accelerate the administration?

I think that is fair. I would prefer to see a more unifying tone as well. I think criticizing the rollout is for the pundits and the president should be focusing on today and tomorrow.

When this is all settled you should come to bar a or jenkinsons for a social media marketing event dressed in your hazmat suit and you can take it off at the event, i will buy you your first drink
I'll buy the second, and third, and..........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT