ADVERTISEMENT

Butler game thread

I love IW, but thankfully for The Hall, he turns it over WAY TO MUCH to not be back next year...

When you guard a guy like Dunham, you don't help whatsoever... And in a zone you cheat to him. Another open look. Sloppy on both ends.

If like to see Singh get a few minutes. He can't play D any worse and maybe he knocks a couple down.

Butler is one of those teams that move the ball so well, which we seem to struggle against pretty consistently. Not sure why that is, but it makes them a tough matchup for us. I'd hate to be one and done at MSG after a year like this.

They are on fire from 3 pt land. Need to keep grinding here. Terrible foul call on Isaiah.

really similar feeling as our first game with Butler, I'm scratching my head, we haven't played like this against other teams. What is up with Butler/SHU matchup?

If they call that on "0" for them. We should have 75% of their team fouled out with 10 minutes left in the game

Any chance Willard is holding back some defensive looks for our game against Butler
at MSG?? Not saying he is, but could be possible.

Butler is one of those teams that move the ball so well, which we seem to struggle against pretty consistently. Not sure why that is, but it makes them a tough matchup for us. I'd hate to be one and done at MSG after a year like this.
Question for those who follow this more closely than I. If Butler wins out and beats us a third time at MSG sending us home after one game, how does that effect our tourney status? (Seeding etc). Do they move ahead of us?

The good news is we may not play them in first round of BET if we beat DePaul. Hoping butler is not the 6 seed.

Question for those who follow this more closely than I. If Butler wins out and beats us a third time at MSG sending us home after one game, how does that effect our tourney status? (Seeding etc). Do they move ahead of us?
Nothing is certain, we should be in if we beat DePaul, and if Butler wins this and last game, most likely won't finish at #6!

IW seemed way out of it. Win or loose it would be nice to see him have a strong half

Nothing is certain, we should be in if we beat DePaul, and if Butler wins this and last game, most likely won't finish at #6!
Got it. Hopefully they win out and we don't get them first game.

Lose this game, lose to Depaul, lose 1st round big east....welcome to the NIT

Was hoping we might cut it to single digits by halftime. Let's see what they are made of.

Mirror image of Sunday's Xavier game so far: A team coming off a huge home win goes on the road to play a team looking to make some noise and suffers the inevitable let down.

Reactions: shu09 and mjs428
We better beat DePaul if we lose this game or we will get close to bubble again. We are not a lock yet.

You can't leave them wide open for a three..stick with your man and don't help out. Let them drive and get the two and not a three. If they screen, switch men and make him pass it. What ever you do, don't let them have a open three.

We all knew this was coming. Butler owns us. Don't want to see them again this year! Hopefully we can make a 2nd half run, but I'm certainly not expecting it.

If willard could adapt he should try 1,3,1 with Ish up top like X did to us.

You're truly a dope. Yeah, let's "adapt" by playing a tricky zone that is practiced never. Sometimes I wonder if you're even serious but then the comments just get dumber.

You've been waiting in the gutter for a loss.

Guys,
Don't worry, we will not lose to DePaul! Perhaps we come back in this game tonight.

I agree. We should beat DePaul easily. Hoping they come back tonight but that is quite a bit to ask. Just hope they play better in second half and take care of DePaul. Then they would be 100% in before BET.

Because we're getting destroyed when we play man.

We're getting destroyed because they keep setting picks to open up their perimeter shooting. By playing zone, we just make it easier for them to shoot from deep if we don't play up on them. Seems like we always have one guy out of defensive position.

Whitehead's not right today......that shoulder must be bothering him.......take him out and save him for DePaul

Rest the backcourt starters in the 2nd half.
IW and Carrington have played alot of minutes and are probably a little tired and a 1/4 step slow.
We need the starters to be rested vs. DEPAUL.

Play Soffer and Singh and Anthony.
Butler will not press, so give Desi some backcourt minutes to improve his ballhandling.
Maybe Desi can be our 4th guard in a pinch, due to injury or fouls.

Think long term.
Our thin rotation at guard has required too many intense minutes from the starters, with no remaining 5 day breaks in the schedule.

Reactions: buckfoston824
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT