ADVERTISEMENT

Butler game thread

I think the calls are finally evening out since butler got away with lots of pushing and shoving in the first half.

We have more depth than they do, need to press to create turnovers!

How many fouls on Angel? I think that last one was on him. And Zeke with 3 now. A lot of time to keep coming back.

Jones down. That would be a huge break for us.

Why aren't we pressing or pressuring the ball more 3/4 court? I missed the beginning of the game, so perhaps we were doing it without success, but Butler's achilles heal is the lack of a true PG. As solid a player as Jones is, he is not a true ball handler.

If I never see a "soft floater" again by SH it will be too soon.

37% shooting and we're only down 6. Thankfully we stopped turning the ball over too. We had 5 in the game's first 9 minutes, only 3 in the next 20+.

Refs have taken over. We have to drive too. Their threes are killing us but I like our D much more this half. Ish playing great D!

We haven't pressed but for IW doing it himself, and that is Butler's weakness?

After a great start Providence is all out of sorts lately. They'll beat St. John's this weekend, and are probably a lock for the tourney, but have fallen from where they were. I never bought that they were a top 10-15 team anyway. They have 2 tremendous players, 2 of the best in the league, but are pretty thing beyond that. Dunn has been in a funk lately too -- apparently he was really sick their past 2 games.

Creighton leads Providence 38-33 in the 2nd half.

Jones can't stay with Whitehead on defense. We should continue to pick and roll them to death with Isiah and Delgado.

Great job on Dunham this half.

Jones has old school game. No idea how he makes the half the shots he hits.

Unfortunately, time is getting short, we have to make the final move now! Press after these foul shots...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT