ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel….

Being a Hall fan in CT I get a lot of Conn news in all their various media outlets - they "own" the Hartford Courant and Hearst publications (The UCONN Chronicle) it is interesting and eyebrow raising that none of the Husky asst coaches are getting a look at any coaching jobs (Luke Murray and Kimani Young) Tom Moore doesn't count as he flamed out at Quinnipiac and is now a Hurley toadie. The only "coach" that flew the coop is Tim Russo to Northern Arizona (thanks to Mad Doggie for keeping us iniformed) What is the issue? UCONN may post back to back nattys and the assts stay put. Highly unusual. Wonder if our resident Husky buddy CL82 has any insight. I can do without the obligatory Bill Murray mugging for the camera.
I think Kimani has had potential opportunities, or at least he’s been rumored for some low/mid majors. I also believe he gets paid incredibly well, so he is probably going to be selective too.

Murray has started to get some credit publicly for UConn’s development on the offensive side of the court. There was an article on it in the Athletic, I believe. He’s young but I wouldn’t be shocked if UConn has continued success he doesn’t start getting opportunities in the coming years.

Being a Hall fan in CT I get a lot of Conn news in all their various media outlets - they "own" the Hartford Courant and Hearst publications (The UCONN Chronicle) it is interesting and eyebrow raising that none of the Husky asst coaches are getting a look at any coaching jobs (Luke Murray and Kimani Young) Tom Moore doesn't count as he flamed out at Quinnipiac and is now a Hurley toadie. The only "coach" that flew the coop is Tim Russo to Northern Arizona (thanks to Mad Doggie for keeping us iniformed) What is the issue? UCONN may post back to back nattys and the assts stay put. Highly unusual. Wonder if our resident Husky buddy CL82 has any insight. I can do without the obligatory Bill Murray mugging for the camera.
Just because you don't read about it in the Hartford Courant, doesn't mean it's not happening behind the scenes. Slim to no chance that staff stays intact after their season ends.

Personally, I like having Bill Murray in the league. He's a knowledgeable basketball fan (and likes Seton Hall too). He's there to support his son, as any proud father would. Definitely not mugging for any cameras, except fans asking for a selfie.

True. I don't pay attention to anything Hurley or Pitino says nor will I in the future. To me they are both self serving blow hards.
Hurley is an alum who has said numerous times that SHU got screwed and should have made the Big Dance. You’re kinda blow hard with your attitude toward both Hurley and Pitino who have done nothing but defend us.

Just because you don't read about it in the Hartford Courant, doesn't mean it's not happening behind the scenes. Slim to no chance that staff stays intact after their season ends.

Personally, I like having Bill Murray in the league. He's a knowledgeable basketball fan (and likes Seton Hall too). He's there to support his son, as any proud father would. Definitely not mugging for any cameras, except fans asking for a selfie.
How do you know he likes us? Serious question.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Kyle Smith wazzu to Stanford not long ago was head coach at columbia
Former longtime Asst Coach to Randy Bennett at St Mary's, who I think has declined both Cal and Stanford 2x each to be their Head Coach. Now I wonder if Smith at Stanford will play St Mary's

For real? That's awesome.
A pal of mine was a pretty famous artist in NYC (Frederick Brown RIP). He had a big show on 57th St and I went. After a few minutes there, I decided to get a drink and go over to the porch to get some fresh air. Two other guys had the same idea and were their already. Bill M and Treat Williams. They treated me like a pal who was having a drink with them. A nice though brief memory.

There was talk just before the season started that Murray was at the top of Fairfield's list when its coach (a former Rutgers assistant, I believe) stepped down over some questionable things. But the Stags had a very good year under the assistant who stepped in, and the Murray talk has died.

On another note, does Nardi's name come up for openings?

There was talk just before the season started that Murray was at the top of Fairfield's list when its coach (a former Rutgers assistant, I believe) stepped down over some questionable things. But the Stags had a very good year under the assistant who stepped in, and the Murray talk has died.

On another note, does Nardi's name come up for openings?
When there are no conflicting Hall games, I go to both Fairfield University and Sacred Heart games (all fifteen minutes from my home - good hoops) Chris Casey is the interim coach who stepped in when Jay Young resigned suddenly in October. (never came to light why). Casey has been there for four years as asst - prior to that he was at Niagara for six years. Flamed out. Interesting if he gets the full time gig after a great season and a run in the CBI tourney. Do they go with the non-sexy pick in Casey or a new young guy like Murray? Tough decision. Based on the body of work, Casey has earned it. Does he move the needle enough for the alumni? Murray might be the Stag fans pumped up. Again, looking for CT friend CL82 to weigh in on Murray and Young moving on. Paging CL 82.

When there are no conflicting Hall games, I go to both Fairfield University and Sacred Heart games (all fifteen minutes from my home - good hoops) Chris Casey is the interim coach who stepped in when Jay Young resigned suddenly in October. (never came to light why). Casey has been there for four years as asst - prior to that he was at Niagara for six years. Flamed out. Interesting if he gets the full time gig after a great season and a run in the CBI tourney. Do they go with the non-sexy pick in Casey or a new young guy like Murray? Tough decision. Based on the body of work, Casey has earned it. Does he move the needle enough for the alumni? Murray might be the Stag fans pumped up. Again, looking for CT friend CL82 to weigh in on Murray and Young moving on. Paging CL 82.
Pirate. Where are you? I'm in Milford. Have gone to my share of Fairfield games, though have not been to the new on-campus arena. Got my M.A. at Fairfield. (Don't know if this kind of exchange is allowed here. If so, apologies.)

Is that a thinly veiled Louisville reference?
No, I like to briefly look away from that situation once in a while.

But on that subject, Richard Pitino has moved into contention for the U of L job. I wonder if he'll visit his "stepmother's" restaurant?

• Haha
Reactions: Piratz
Pirate. Where are you? I'm in Milford. Have gone to my share of Fairfield games, though have not been to the new on-campus arena. Got my M.A. at Fairfield. (Don't know if this kind of exchange is allowed here. If so, apologies.)
I live in Monroe. Grew up in Milford. (love the town - fish with one of my buddies who is a plumber and keeps a boat at Milford Boat Works. My cousin owns Stonebridge. I am class of 78 at Setonia. I love the new Fairfield arena - do yourself a favor and get to games next year. (much better than Harbor Yard and they sell beer) Sacred Heart is redoing their hoops facility as they are moving to the MAAC. What year are you from the Hall. We should do a watch game. Too many UCONN buddies for my liking.

Reactions: newshu1
Sacred Heart better upgrade their head coach too. 1 winning season in 10 years...in the NEC. Moving up to the MAC is only going to get worse.

Milford stand up, Papas pizza IYKYK...

Reactions: CT Pirate
Sacred Heart better upgrade their head coach too. 1 winning season in 10 years...in the NEC. Moving up to the MAC is only going to get worse.
Agreed. Have to think that Anthony Latina is rapidly approaching his expiration date.

Oh and to call them, as they stand now as a blue blood is ridiculous, also he is pretty far down on their list as a back up to the back up to the back up

BUT I can see it because, EXACTLY like Willard, people’s perception of us is so low that the face that we are not DePaul literally every year gets people’s antennas up automatically. So, to his credit he had a very good season with an average team and since people think it’s a borderline miracle we win any games..he’ll get attention

How much nil have you given? I’m up to $150 (which is peanuts) but I’ll get to $300 before year end..what are you up to?
lol there you are again downplaying sha and the interest in sha. typical .

he's getting attention because he's a good coach. and recruiting doesn't matter as much when the playing field is level for teams with money.

lol there you are again downplaying sha and the interest in sha. typical .

he's getting attention because he's a good coach. and recruiting doesn't matter as much when the playing field is level for teams with money.
Great points..I’m so sorry

Last edited:
lol ok…shouldn’t you be in the game thread bashing our players?

Again how much NIL are you up to?

You're easily becoming one of the most annoying posters on here. You do live to take shots at Sha while pumping Chris Mooney! Shaming people for NIL? 🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT