ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel….

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
FAU coach headed to Michigan. Louisville the other big job opening out there which will be interesting to track.

louisville a highly appealing job imo. amazing resources, extremely low bar, but high expectations. spend a few years making bank. maybe you breakthrough and get a massive extension or maybe you fail and get fired with a huge buyout and make double pay while working in the mountain west

Rumor is May accepted Louisville and burned them at the 11th hour. Took less money for Michigan.

Seems like an underwhelming hire for Michigan.

Louisville is a dumpster fire but that’s still a premier program. I personally think it would be a weird hire, they need a big name with a more substantiated track record.

if Sha leaves I would hire John Becker at Vermont in a millisecond.

If SHA leaves there is no reason to be a part of this anymore. Will be a divorce that shouldve happened when Amaker left. Very disappointing

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Sha is still very much a work in progress and I would have thought that Louisville would want a coach with greater name recognition . If he is a legit candidate replacing him will be difficult and the program’s rebuilding would take a big hit.

I wouldn’t feel too cocky, it’s a top 10 job. I would give it 50/50 he leaves.

It would be the most SHU thing ever-

Not good enough to make the tournament but good enough to get another job.

Our 20 year coach becomes a two year coach, with the shortest tenure of any SHU coach.

At the very least I trust we will know quickly.

Reactions: newshu1

Our 20 year coach becomes a two year coach, with the shortest tenure of any SHU coach.

Isn’t Maryland a top 10 job also?

I am not going to wager any guest or prediction. Having the bubble burst was one thing, but this would be a real gut punch.

The Louisville boards don’t seem so high on the idea, but Holloway is the only name that seems to be a mention as plan B.

There’s money and resources but the program there is a disaster.

Reactions: LBP43

Mr. Doom and Gloom

possible meeting today makes sense due to other opponents. Game is later. True “off day for a while.

I like Sha, haven’t been his biggest fan, but love our second half of the season and can see him build something very solid here

Having said that, at this point I don’t understand their interest, seems like their fans would burn the place down…they need a home run/slam dunk…I bet they’d love to hire Pitino back

Reactions: LBP43
Saw these namees mentioned as well : Mick Cronin , UCLA , Jamie Dixon , TCU ; Shaka Smart , Marquette . As others have posted another name is Pat Kelsey of Charleston.

Colleges are allowed to reach out to anyone they want, and agents love it as it puts pressure on the current school to pony up. But to take Goodman's tweet as Sha wants to go to Louisville is ridiculous. Jay Wright would more likely take the job than Sha.

Top 10? Maybe a decade or so ago, but now?

Not sure even top 20 anymore…

louisville a highly appealing job imo. amazing resources, extremely low bar, but high expectations. spend a few years making bank. maybe you breakthrough and get a massive extension or maybe you fail and get fired with a huge buyout and make double pay while working in the mountain west
Why should we feel like Shah should stay? When he came in they tried to lowball him financially. Willard was making $3m and I believe they only offered Shah $2m. He is probably the lowest paid coach in the entire league

Why should we feel like Shah should stay? When he came in they tried to lowball him financially. Willard was making $3m and I believe they only offered Shah $2m. He is probably the lowest paid coach in the entire league
What was he making at St. Peter's? Two million was a fair first contract. Renegotiate now, possibly.

Reactions: SHUSA

Did Willard get 3 million right away? No he worked his way up to it.

Reactions: MBF72 and SHUSA
If Sha leaves we’re majorly screwed. He’s probably one of the very few coaches who could convince some players to come to SHU without a top NIL deal.

Reactions: Pirate Russ
Did Willard get 3 million right away? No he worked his way up to it.
It’s a bad look IMO. They were just looking for the hometown discount and if it comes back to burn them now I won’t feel bad. They should have done the right thing the first time. He is a Seton Hall guy they knew all about and Shah was coming off an Elite 8 performance.

It’s a bad look IMO. They were just looking for the hometown discount and if it comes back to burn them now I won’t feel bad. They should have done the right thing the first time. He is a Seton Hall guy they knew all about and Shah was coming off an Elite 8 performance.
The contract he got was more than fair at the time, in fact maybe an overpay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT