ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel….

I’ve always loved the idea of Chris Mooney but with health and age seems like he’ll be at Richmond forever

The contract he got was more than fair at the time, in fact maybe an overpay.
If the position under Willard was budgeted for $3m+ then how is offering “your guy” $2m fair or an over pay? Esp after coming off an elite 8 as a 15 seed with top 500 type players out of HS? Btw, what happened to that $1m they saved in coaching salary when Willard left?

You realize Louisville has about 7-8M per year to throw?
That’s likely true, but unless Louisville keeps striking out on their coaching candidates, I don’t see them offering $4 million a year to Sha, especially considering that Dusty May - who unquestionably has a better résumé than Sha - just took $3.75 million per year to go to Michigan

That’s likely true, but unless Louisville keeps striking out on their coaching candidates, I don’t see them offering $4 million a year to Sha, especially considering that Dusty May - who unquestionably has a better résumé than Sha - just took $3.75 million per year to go to Michigan
Contract averages $3.75 million, first year is like $3.25 million. So Sha got a bigger raise going from St. Peter's to Seton Hall than May did in going from FAU to Michigan.

Is it confirmed May only got 3.7M ? That is crazy low, suprised he didn't get more

Can see Sha leaving, but if he does, I have a name no one is mentioning.

I’ll get (deserved) heat for suggesting it just because the personality is “out there”, but isn’t Chris Mack available?

Hated him when he was in the BE, and he screwed the pooch at Louisville, but…

If Sha leaves we’re majorly screwed. He’s probably one of the very few coaches who could convince some players to come to SHU without a top NIL deal.
I think most any high major coach that is good at the recruiting piece of this job can do this, which is lots of them.

Reactions: PMB Pirate
I went back and watched Sha’s introductory press conference this AM. I was listening to see if he thanked his agent to be able to look up who else that person represents. He did not, but what he did say makes it very hard to imagine he’s the kind of guy to bolt after two years.

He knew what he was walking into because as an assistant under Willard he helped build us back brick by brick. He said this was his dream job and noted his grandma who passed away that week requested to be buried in Pirate Blue.

Practice facility around the corner, a GM/scout coming hopefully and a new assistant. The future is bright and blue

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
If the position under Willard was budgeted for $3m+ then how is offering “your guy” $2m fair or an over pay? Esp after coming off an elite 8 as a 15 seed with top 500 type players out of HS? Btw, what happened to that $1m they saved in coaching salary when Willard left?
He was 64-57 in four years at the time (58-56 before that year's MAAC). We over paid by $750K to $1M per year in my view.

Just because I budget $3.5 million for a job doesn't mean I'm giving it to you if your resume and accomplishments don't warrant it.

I think this is all a moot point. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Louisville had real interest because I'm not sure he's what they're looking for. On the other hand, that job is less appealing today than it was four years ago. I'm not of the mind that Sha will never leave but this isn't the time or place.

Shaheen is not leaving anytime soon. U have no idea how much he loves it here. This is a guy who visited duke 2x and didn't commit. What worries me is years down the line. If NIL hampers his ability to land the players he wants. How long will that frustration last? Hope we are able to compete. If so i think he stays a long time

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
I think most any high major coach that is good at the recruiting piece of this job can do this, which is lots of them.
lol yeah, Seton Hall has always had an easy time getting coaches with good recruiting chops. Sure, what a piece of cake, let Sha walk.

It’s a bad look IMO. They were just looking for the hometown discount and if it comes back to burn them now I won’t feel bad. They should have done the right thing the first time. He is a Seton Hall guy they knew all about and Shah was coming off an Elite 8 performance.
Again, what was he making at St. Peter's? And if Kevin hadn't left, where would Shaheen have gone? Back to St. Peter's for another year?

So explain to me how interviewing for another job actually helps his short & long term recruiting efforts. If the rumor has no merit he should put out a statement immediately.

You realize Louisville has about 7-8M per year to throw?
Yeah, Louisville going to pay Sha $7m/year for two NIT appearances. That would make him top 5 paid coach, not happening. While they could definitely pay more than SHU, but don’t see Sha moving on at this point even for large increase.

lol yeah, Seton Hall has always had an easy time getting coaches with good recruiting chops. Sure, what a piece of cake, let Sha walk.
Of course I’m not saying that. I’m saying there are tons and tons of coaches and staffs that can find ways to get players especially in this era of free movement.

So explain to me how interviewing for another job actually helps his short & long term recruiting efforts. If the rumor has no merit he should put out a statement immediately.
He can negotiate more money from the school or use it to get something else he wants.

You know what name would make the most sense?

Adrian Griffin, he already got his big pay day. This could be a passion project for him
Do you really believe in this crazy world of today‘s college basketball having a head coach without any college coaching or recruiting or NIL expedience fits the profile of what you want in a head coach.

Do you really believe in this crazy world of today‘s college basketball having a head coach without any college coaching or recruiting or NIL expedience fits the profile of what you want in a head coach.
you rather a vanilla idiot like the guy at vermont?

John Becker is an idiot? With that record?

Not a fit for Seton Hall as he's never spent any time at a high major but he's a great coach.
Lol at Vermont. That is like bragging about having sex with your wife.

There’s nothing quite like the coaching carousel season to boost your confidence as an SHU fan. It’s like two straight months of “if he can win at Seton Hall with their embarrassing resources and NIL, imagine what he can do at [name school with a job opening]?”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT