ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel….

When rumors are in multiple they tend to be true. Get ready for change and a very interesting Wedn night at Walsh.

That’s likely true, but unless Louisville keeps striking out on their coaching candidates, I don’t see them offering $4 million a year to Sha, especially considering that Dusty May - who unquestionably has a better résumé than Sha - just took $3.75 million per year to go to Michigan
Dusty May doesn’t t have a better resume. At least not measurably

Seeing the picture of Sha as a possible candidate for Louisville on a Sports Illustrated article just sickened me. I know with Willard I said it's a rumor, wouldn't happen and it did. They didn't want us on their court in 1953, we don't want them taking our coach. Keep your hands off Sha, he's ours. Go Pirates.

Last edited:
Reactions: halltheway
Relax everyone. We're fine.
Dan, I appreciate hearing an informed and sensible voice of reason here! It's bad enough to be down about unjustly sitting on the sidelines during March Madness, having rumors about our coach leaving is really depressing.

Reactions: Bluebeard
It’s not mostly the SHU comp. It’s the NIL. Let’s be serious. SHA hates losing more than anything. Our NIL situation is a loser. Fix that and SHA for life is a reality. But I don’t know how we do that.

Reactions: TomD82
i was told no major program wants sha not that long ago.... guess they do.

Not much loyalty in sports anymore. The mighty dollar talks. Thinking Sha would want to stay but who knows anymore. Turning down an opportunity for millions more over long contract is not easy (If one presents itself). Time will tell.

That list has better coaches than shaheen. But they also make much more and is louisville much of a bump for them salary wise?

i was told no major program wants sha not that long ago.... guess they do.
That’s the crazy revisionism you’re good for…incorrect YOU said when we hired him we blew it and schools like IOWA were going to dumb their coach and hire Sha…totally clueless

Also, I hope we don’t lose him but check out Louisville twitter right now..already going nuts hating the “hire” that isn’t even a hire yet…shows you how in the toilet they are

If he can get double the money for more years god bless

Again…anyone in the know..can anyone tell me why Chris Mooney is impossible? I am sure he is but I’d like to know some reasons

Reactions: da0987
This thread here is the best argument yet for giving and supporting NIL. Do we want to go through this crap every year? Granted, the university dragging their feet and putting us grossly behind on NIL caused this problem because of their ineptness we now get the rumor crap and the Seton Hall doesn’t have the money nonsense making us seem small time. PROVE THEM ALL WRONG!

If we lose Sha to this crap then we need to clean house in the Athletic Department starting with the AD. We cannot have this type of thinking continue!

Reactions: thehall07
you really think this team under performed this year?

We were a tournament team 6 out of the 7 years prior to 2023 so yes, I do believe the program under performed the past two years. Now I do think this year's team exceeded expectations considering the roster & lack of quality depth but that really shouldn't be the standard of success.

This is why playing in the NIT is a total waste of time in the new portal era. Extending length of season other than for NCAA tournament pushes concerns and solutions weeks out.

Other teams are full speed ahead on shaping the 24/25 roster via the transfer portal. Not watching game film for the No Important Teams tournament

NIT tournament jumped the shark years ago

Reactions: thehall07
So after a season where we get snubbed from a tournament bid, we may lose our coach as well. What a season.

We always shoot low with coaching candidates. Blaney comes to mind as does Orr. Just not big time or big names. We have to grab a guy that has juice that is also on the sidelines.

I can’t see Sha leaving (typo on my previous post saying “I can”, it should have said “I can’t”), but if he does, you need a NAME.

Chris Mack was a beast at Xavier. He’s a questionable personality, but he can coach. I really wanted Hurley here, timing didn’t work, but that’s the type you want.

If not, then I agree with Cope or Griffin. Keep it in the family. I have to say I would be extremely disappointed if Sha goes, but this is the game now. Just like with NIL, we can’t keep shooting low - got to make an impact hire.

If we lose Shaheen after 2 years then we really have absolutely no chance at keeping a good coach in the future. We’re clearly a stepping stone, no different than a low major. If he leaves I’ll be just about done.

With all due respect, Copeland shouldn't even be considered as an assistant coach at this point in his career.
Decent % of posters didn’t think Shaheen was ready for a high major two years ago. Boy were they wrong. Plus after two “underperforming” seasons he’s wanted at one of the top 10 schools in the country. Thank God our posters aren’t making the decisions on our coaches.

We were a tournament team 6 out of the 7 years prior to 2023 so yes, I do believe the program under performed the past two years. Now I do think this year's team exceeded expectations considering the roster & lack of quality depth but that really shouldn't be the standard of success.
Did u see the class willard left us with? He mailed that one in

I see what you're saying but This TEAM of six maybe seven young men did not underperform. Focus underperformance and ineptitude on the administration.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
That was posted by @Halldan1 on March 5, 2022. We all know what happened a few weeks later..
Damn, I'm off the board all afternoon to spend time with my wife who I don't see a lot except for weekends and I come here to read that a poster felt the need to go back over 2 years to find a post as noted above.

Well since you seem to want an explanation here we go.

Rumors were rampant that Willard was looking elsewhere, so I called a high admin at the school and asked outright. Said person told me he spoke to Willard and was told by our coach there was absolutely no truth that he would leave the Hall.

With that info I posted as such. Obviously Willard lied.

A short time later a different individual told me Willard was gone. A person who every single reader here knows by name. I couldn't post verbetem on the Trove but I could hint that he might be leaving which I did. Knowing in truth he was gone.

Now, currently, I have been assured by about 4-5 people involved with the school that tell me there is zero chance that Sha is leaving and in fact he's on campus now doing some stuff I can't detail.

Also, the media has been contacting the Hall as well as they are hearing what others have been saying and they too have been told to put absolutely no credence to story.

I try to do so much for our readers working 40-60 hours a week on this site and I read stuff above and then see how many people felt the need to like the post. Makes me wonder why the hell I do what I do for next to nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT