ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel….

With all due respect, you and Mike Walsh do a hell of a lot more for our NIL than I have seen from anyone at the university, including Mike McBride. About 99% of the NIL information I see asking for donations, etc. is from this message board. The university has to do much better and cast a much wider net for donors.
I whole heartily agree but without the whales there's no way Seton Hall can be very competitive. It's a never-ending arms race that needs to be reset every single year.

I whole heartily agree but without the whales there's no way Seton Hall can be very competitive. It's a never-ending arms race that needs to be reset every single year.
Agreed but we seem to be going to the same whales. This is what I meant by we need to cast a wider net. Seton Hall likes to stick with their good ol boys network and that network is very small. We have well over 100,000 alumni, maybe the university should try reaching out and building new relationships outside of the approximately ~20 or so they currently deem worthy of speaking with. The rest of us won’t bite and if they ask nicely they may be surprised by the return they get.

Don't know if he's involved or has been contacted. Won't mention his name but let's just say the CEO of crowdstrike has taken that co to over 50 billion market cap. He's a seton hall grad.!!
Well he just sold almost 80,000 shares of his company for north of $25 million...must mean he is gearing up for a HUGE NIL contribution!!

Don't know if he's involved or has been contacted. Won't mention his name but let's just say the CEO of crowdstrike has taken that co to over 50 billion market cap. He's a seton hall grad.!!
Where have you been?

Of course he’s been mentioned here and of course he’s been contacted by the school.

Unfortunately to this point he seems more interested in cars than basketball, or even his alma mater.

Need to get Under Armor or another Athletic apparel supplier to step up here with NIL opportunities.

Reactions: ShoreGold
With all due respect, you and Mike Walsh do a hell of a lot more for our NIL than I have seen from anyone at the university, including Mike McBride. About 99% of the NIL information I see asking for donations, etc. is from this message board. The university has to do much better and cast a much wider net for donors.
Thank you from Mike Walsh and myself. But please do not sell McBride short. He is doing a fabulous job reaching out countrywise to thousands of donors. But there is only so many hours in a day and he is working from behind.

Let's give him that time and I am sure you will see major improvement.

Where have you been?

Of course he’s been mentioned here and of course he’s been contacted by the school.

Unfortunately to this point he seems more interested in cars than basketball, or even his alma mater.
Must have missed these discussions. Hope he comes around..

I never said this year's team underperformed. The bar is now much lower than it was 2 years ago. If you think getting an NIT bid 2 years in a row is reason to celebrate then by all means go ahead.

My source says Wade isn't getting hired by UL, they don't want skeletons in the closest.

As of now at least
Wade is my least favority college coach. A sc****g of the first order.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
And it is sheer madness. There are days --forgive me for even thinking this--that I almost wish we were in the MAAC where I could see us dominating and often making the NCAA on an automatic bid.

Damn, I'm off the board all afternoon to spend time with my wife who I don't see a lot except for weekends and I come here to read that a poster felt the need to go back over 2 years to find a post as noted above.
Dan,

There are folks that spend all their time trying to discredit people in order to make themselves feel more important, I pity how shallow their lives must be.

Likewise, I pity those who feel that money is the number one priority in life. Coach is making more than 99 percent of us, working for an institution that he loves. His entire family has ties to Seton Hall. Coach pretty much has a job for life and isn't desperate for money. Why jump into the fire just to double your salary? Louisville will chew him up and spit him out, if he doesn't produce in two seasons. I chose family over money in my career and have no regrets.

GO PIRATES!!!

Wade is my least favority college coach. A sc****g of the first order.
Sean Miller -- SEAN MILLER -- was caught saying on tape how Wade just "doesn't give a F" in that HBO documentary.

That said, Wade wins everywhere he's been. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to hire him now unless there is stuff beyond the cheating folks are concerned about.

Damn, I'm off the board all afternoon to spend time with my wife who I don't see a lot except for weekends and I come here to read that a poster felt the need to go back over 2 years to find a post as noted above.

Well since you seem to want an explanation here we go.

Rumors were rampant that Willard was looking elsewhere, so I called a high admin at the school and asked outright. Said person told me he spoke to Willard and was told by our coach there was absolutely no truth that he would leave the Hall.

With that info I posted as such. Obviously Willard lied.

A short time later a different individual told me Willard was gone. A person who every single reader here knows by name. I couldn't post verbetem on the Trove but I could hint that he might be leaving which I did. Knowing in truth he was gone.

Now, currently, I have been assured by about 4-5 people involved with the school that tell me there is zero chance that Sha is leaving and in fact he's on campus now doing some stuff I can't detail.

Also, the media has been contacting the Hall as well as they are hearing what others have been saying and they too have been told to put absolutely no credence to story.

I try to do so much for our readers working 40-60 hours a week on this site and I read stuff above and then see how many people felt the need to like the post. Makes me wonder why the hell I do what I do for next to nothing.
I don’t think anyone meant it as a dig at you or was trying to disparage what you do here. I took it to mean that what may be true one day might not be true the next. Everyone can say don’t worry all they like but even the most connected don’t know what is going on in the life and mind of the one being speculated about and things can change in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: Jerry1992 and shu99
People on the paysite were suggesting ways that we should pursue money and I posted the following response:

All these ideas are already in action, and are being pursued by Onward Setonia.

The only area that we are lacking is with crowdfunding support. Dan, myself and the Seton Hall Pirates Basketball Facebook page, have been asking for support through smaller contributions for months.

We're not going to see the dollar contributions from corporate sponsors or whales, but that isn't an indication that we're not pursuing every avenue.

Everyone can monitor the success of smaller donations on our Spot Fund pages. There are multiple ways to support if you can't provide a blank check, two of those options include:

Onward Setonia Monthly Subscriptions: https://www.onwardsetonia.com/subscribe

One time donation to Onward Setonia: https://www.spotfund.com/story/439822e9-ba93-4d4d-9cf5-baaa3f176cae/donate

Thanks for your support. GO PIRATES!!!

Last edited:
Not sure how the seasons were underperforming. By any measure this year was a success even if we do not win another game.

Like I said earlier, the bar has been lowered. Just 3 years ago not getting past the first round was an issue. Now getting an NIT bid is considered a success by any measure.

If you read ESPN, then you’d know that the big east is a mid major so that would be Nova and St John’s.
If you have a serious answer let me know cause I doubt there is any local mid major with anywhere near that

I don't know any inside information, but if Sha definitely is not leaving, then shouldn't he put out a statement saying as much? Maybe that will come soon.

I don't know any inside information, but if Sha definitely is not leaving, then shouldn't he put out a statement saying as much? Maybe that will come soon.
Except if he never interviewed, never asked for a raise, never initiated anything, what is there to put out? That some rumors were on social media?

Now if there is proof that he did any of those things, I say absolutely.

Reactions: King of S and shu09

Well since you seem to want an explanation here we go.

Rumors were rampant that Willard was looking elsewhere, so I called a high admin at the school and asked outright. Said person told me he spoke to Willard and was told by our coach there was absolutely no truth that he would leave the Hall.

With that info I posted as such. Obviously Willard lied.

A short time later a different individual told me Willard was gone. A person who every single reader here knows by name. I couldn't post verbetem on the Trove but I could hint that he might be leaving which I did. Knowing in truth he was gone.

Now, currently, I have been assured by about 4-5 people involved with the school that tell me there is zero chance that Sha is leaving and in fact he's on campus now doing some stuff I can't detail.

Also, the media has been contacting the Hall as well as they are hearing what others have been saying and they too have been told to put absolutely no credence to story.

I try to do so much for our readers working 40-60 hours a week on this site and I read stuff above and then see how many people felt the need to like the post. Makes me wonder why the hell I do what I do for next to nothing.
The point of my post was more so in response to another poster thanking you for reassuring him “we’re fine.”

When past history showed we can’t trust anything and the fact you said we’re fine so soon after rumors started that I don’t believe you or anybody truly knew what Sha was thinking at that time because I’m sure Sha was still processing everything. Therefore, a “I’m not sure at this time but will work on getting info as it’s too soon “ wouldve been better.

Even if Sha stays, it will be the one and only home town favor he gives us. So the next time a poacher comes around we’ll have to be prepared

What upset me is you felt the need to research a post of mine over 2 years old. What was the need?

Just post your thoughts that my info might not have been accurate. By doing what you did it forced me to provide details calling out a past head coach and calling him a liar.

Something that I never wanted to do.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Like I said earlier, the bar has been lowered. Just 3 years ago not getting past the first round was an issue. Now getting an NIT bid is considered a success by any measure.
Yes times change. The composition of the team changes due to free agency and NIL has made it difficult to load the team with players every year. Based on our talent level Sha has proven that he can make wine even from the driest grapes. We were competitive in the Big East both this year and last and with our talent level had no right being close either year so the coach gets credit for overachieving. The funny thing is that people want to constantly move the goal posts on what constitutes a good season as the year goes away. If you are being honest and I told you the team would be 20-11 and 13-7 in the conference which was fourth place you would have signed up for that in a flash and assumed we were in the NCAA Tourney. So yes I believe based on this the team and coach both did a great job this year.

What upset me is you felt the need to research a post of mine over 2 years old. What was the need?

Just post your thoughts that my info might not have been accurate. By doing what you did it forced me to provide details calling out a past head coach and calling him a liar.

Again, I never expected you to think that was the path you had to take with this post. You could have just said that initially you were hearing there was no truth to the rumors and that at that time that’s all they were, rumors, but that over time things changed and there was now more to the story, things changed and now the rumors became true. My own opinion but I think you read way too much into it and took the original text out of context.

I don't see the school or anybody on this site lowering the bar and cheering an NIT bid. What I do see are fans here getting behind a team that decided to play on instead of stomping their feet and taking their ball home as St Johns and Providence did. Maybe you haven't been listening to Hurley, Pitino , et al. as to whether this team deserved an NCAA bid. They sure had some ugly games but I'm proud of what they produced on the court this year. Given the resources this year , the program didn't underperform, what they did was get screwed.Time to move on like the young guys playing for us this week in the NOT.

I don't see the school or anybody on this site lowering the bar and cheering an NIT bid. What I do see are fans here getting behind a team that decided to play on instead of stomping their feet and taking their ball home as St Johns and Providence did. Maybe you haven't been listening to Hurley, Pitino , et al. as to whether this team deserved an NCAA bid. They sure had some ugly games but I'm proud of what they produced on the court this year. Given the resources this year , the program didn't underperform, what they did was get screwed.Time to move on like the young guys playing for us this week in the NOT.
Stomping feet and taking their ball home is an odd way to describe what those others did. Providence played sans Carter and if I was Carter I wouldn’t have played either. And you have no idea if all those SJU kids wanted to play or not, with so many of them moving onto other stuff.

True. I don't pay attention to anything Hurley or Pitino says nor will I in the future. To me they are both self serving blow hards.

Look everyone is looking at social media as a place that creates panic. This site is one of those places.

This SHA discussion has been going on for just a week and it’s the end of the world. Dan does all he can to try to stop it. It’s like no one listens.

I long for the day when facts, not conjecture matter. SHA is human. Does he want his assistants to do better….yes! Does he want the NIL to work for us not against us….yes! Does he want the BE never to have to go through the subjective selection process that kept us from the dance…of course!

What can he do to fix these things. I believe he is truly trying. I do believe he bleeds Pirate Blue. Let’s see what happens and stop over reacting to everything that we read.

It is a waste of time. Go Pirates! Beat UNLV!

Based on our talent level Sha has proven that he can make wine even from the driest grapes. We were competitive in the Big East both this year and last and with our talent level had no right being close either year so the coach gets credit for overachieving.

Absurd.

Reactions: Halldan1

I mean if facts are facts, no need to hide it now. I didn’t research it, just something I always remembered and would hope you’d use more caution this time.

Being a Hall fan in CT I get a lot of Conn news in all their various media outlets - they "own" the Hartford Courant and Hearst publications (The UCONN Chronicle) it is interesting and eyebrow raising that none of the Husky asst coaches are getting a look at any coaching jobs (Luke Murray and Kimani Young) Tom Moore doesn't count as he flamed out at Quinnipiac and is now a Hurley toadie. The only "coach" that flew the coop is Tim Russo to Northern Arizona (thanks to Mad Doggie for keeping us iniformed) What is the issue? UCONN may post back to back nattys and the assts stay put. Highly unusual. Wonder if our resident Husky buddy CL82 has any insight. I can do without the obligatory Bill Murray mugging for the camera.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT