ADVERTISEMENT

Earl Timberlake ’20

Any students on this board that can give updates. Any signs / posters in windows or on campus welcoming him?

Time for the PIRATES to SEIZE THE DAY

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but do any of you think 99% of the kids on campus even know who this kid is? Posters in the windows? Lets be realistic here.

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but do any of you think 99% of the kids on campus even know who this kid is? Posters in the windows? Lets be realistic here.

Good afternoon Source.

I agree 100% with such an assesment; but... as sometimes happens in life, some things that may seem spontaneous, are not really that much. Obviously, there are lines to be drawn in order to determine between what is good/bad, correct/incorrect, ethical/unethical. Yet, unless doing anything along those lines would run counter to an NCAA rule, what is wrong to spur students into doing such things? What is wrong in making the whole campus community seem truly welcoming to a potential recruit? What should stop us from going all-out in a cool and catchy way for such a response to become one of the highlights of his/her official visit? As has been debated here in the last couple of weeks, maybe our practice facilities do not stand out, but how about if we make a positive into a truly big one, that potential recruits would recognize SHU as THE school choice with the BEST student body and community atmosphere of them all?

The future looks very bright at Seton Hall.
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

Is there a hint of Earl's intentions in his Twitter motto, "Run your own race"? He's not going to do the expected.

Reactions: deheremike
Just spit balling, but per social media - it looks like Durant may be in town (Brooklyn) - who of course Earl "plays for" in AAU (Team Durant). Would be cool if they bring him to NY tonight and they can hook up...

Maybe Kyrie can come out as well (didn't he buy a house in in So. Orange?)... Would love to see/hear the agenda.

Looks like ET spent some time in NY today and got a workout in at the NBA Players Association's (NBPA) Training facility. A nice 'connection' to showcase to him; hoping some of the NBA guys were there today.
Awesome. My wish came true. This is exactly what he should have done.

just hope he didnt meet any nba guys saying he should go to unc lol

In one he’s dribbling at center court in SHU uniform and the second he’s walking down NYC street with his mom

Why? I don’t really think that adds one iota to the draw. The selling point for NYC kids is that parents can watch their kids play often because of proximity. Beyond that going to the Hall has nothing to do with NYC.

My god our university needs to figure out how to translate nyc sooo much better than they have

Looks like he's having a good time and helps that his mom is here. Does anyone know if he has a close relationship with Skinn?

Just checked his instagram account and some of the videos. Wow, this kid is a stud.

Reactions: ShuBall
Why? I don’t really think that adds one iota to the draw. The selling point for NYC kids is that parents can watch their kids play often because of proximity. Beyond that going to the Hall has nothing to do with NYC.
Yea it doesn’t... make it. Lol i see ur carrying the “think small” torch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT