ADVERTISEMENT

Earl Timberlake ’20

Had a nice chat today with one of my former classmates. In regards to recruiting he said Blowtorch Bob (warden of inside info) isn't even talking but a good sleuth can find the indicators and connect the dots. I certainly don't have the time to play Woodward and Bernstein. Hopefully benevolent tidings will be graced upon us in due time.

That's accurate. Mom loves Cooley.

No one knows for sure what's going on. Best to just sit back and chill.

Reactions: TommyAlly
I don’t think u can count out anyone. Otherwise he would have excluded them just like he did unc.

As I recall, we were a long shot for IW.
Not if you read the Trove. He was ours the night before he committed at his HS. Although I didn't find that out until 7AM the following morning when I posted the we are golden thread.

Not if you read the Trove. He was ours the night before he committed at his HS. Although I didn't find that out until 7AM the following morning when I posted the we are golden thread.
I'm talking Crystal Ball, don't think we were the favorite for IW there.

If you look at the number of highly rated we are involved with (because of our location) and the percentage we end up getting, I thinks 247 "experts" are just playing percentages and choosing larger state schools that have a better history of landing too talent.
If their job is to choose which school will give that player a better chance of success on and off the court, we would getting much more love.

I know that it's easy to say the Crystal Ball doesn't know anything, but there are two guys who I would always trust with their CB picks. Does it mean they're always right? No, that's impossible, but Andrew Slater and Evan Daniels are as good as it gets. Once you see a CB pick come in from Andrew Slater or Daniels, then you can really begin to read where a recruit is going.

As it stands, Slater nor Daniels has predicted where Timberlake will commit.

Reactions: mbraue and ShuBall
Yes but unique circumstances that won’t be applicable here. You know that.

I know that it's easy to say the Crystal Ball doesn't know anything, but there are two guys who I would always trust with their CB picks. Does it mean they're always right? No, that's impossible, but Andrew Slater and Evan Daniels are as good as it gets. Once you see a CB pick come in from Andrew Slater or Daniels, then you can really begin to read where a recruit is going.

As it stands, Slater nor Daniels has predicted where Timberlake will commit.
Ah, but Slater in fact did predict where Timberlake was going and it was NC. He has since taken it down which in my opinion greatly skews the posted accuracy of their predictions.

Reactions: pmulcahy96
Yes but unique circumstances that won’t be applicable here. You know that.
And haven't I posted that many times since? No one has ever been under the illusion that we were his first choice.

That said, the Trove had his commitment to the Hall far before anyone else broke the news. But I requested to keep the info on the pay site so as to not steal his announcement thunder. Unfortunately 6 hours later around 1PM Zack B of the Post broke the news publicly and got universal credit for having the info first, but in doing so screwed Whitehead from his moment of glory.

Everyone knows 247 prediction accuracy is BS. Very often you'll see everyone's predictions change in the hours before an announcement. It is obvious there are leaks and everyone switches, improving their accuracy.

Reactions: SOBO1
Or like Lunardi having such a good Bracketology pct. after his picks are made on Sunday morning on Selection Sunday.

They are all useless. Except when they say something good about Seton Hall. Then they are god.

To be fair to Joe, he only has about 60 chances to practice before he has to get it right.

No doubt. Thought you were making the point that the Crystal Ball stuff shouldn’t be believed, and in this case it seems off, by drawing similarities that IW’s situation.

And haven't I posted that many times since? No one has ever been under the illusion that we were his first choice.

That said, the Trove had his commitment to the Hall far before anyone else broke the news. But I requested to keep the info on the pay site so as to not steal his announcement thunder. Unfortunately 6 hours later around 1PM Zack B of the Post broke the news publicly and got universal credit for having the info first, but in doing so screwed Whitehead from his moment of glory.

Ah. I see what you did there. Back to the childish nonsense. So I’m not supposed to post my opinion on a message board that the recruitment of Timberlake is vastly different than Whitehead because it is the truth but the posting police does t like it. Got it.

We have 50000 threads imploring people to support our team and speculating on attendance but then drive off a guy who has thousands of posts because he follows and supports the team. Makes sense.

Give it a rest Johnny.

Reactions: Bob 69
Why do I have such trouble following/understanding certain posts? Old age or arcane subject matter recognized by only a few?

Last edited:
My classmate previously said Skinn and Woodward maybe the best combination Seton Hall has ever had. That's very high praise considering the tandems of Baker/Carroll, Sullivan/Brown, Hill/Jackson, Holloway/Hill. So far, as newbies, both are off to blazing starts. You always hear of a lot of irons in the fire, but its magnificent to bear fruit.

Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT