ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye GIbbs

fun times
Wish him well. Would you want to finish your career playing for Willard. If anyone is at fault it's the SHU admin for giving Willard a ridiculous extension and not doing what needed to be done this offseason.

Wish him well. Would you want to finish your career playing for Willard. If anyone is at fault it's the SHU admin for giving Willard a ridiculous extension and not doing what needed to be done this offseason.

Agreed. Sterling is doing what is best for him like so many other NCAA coaches do. Can't fault him for that. You wish him well and hope our coaches have a Plan Z. I'd rather play for ND and Coach Brey too.

So I guess now Khadeen starts along side IW. This will help Khadeen develop at a faster clip but does not help our team in the long run obviously. Sterling was a tough player at crunch time and now its all on IW and Khadeen to carry this team when we need points. Should be interesting.

1. 3 teams in 5 years. Lotta traveling. Reminds me of 1st round pick in the NBA in the early 80s. I thought he was gonna stay after the Arch incident, just to rebuild his personal brand and make some connections in NY for after bball. I guess he can do that at ND, too. The reality is all these guys are free agents. Wonder what ever became of his Texas gear.

Next year at this time Kevin will have taken his father's job that Ralph is holding for him at the Ville while he collects his last paychecks from Seton Hall.

Next year at this time Kevin will have taken his father's job that Ralph is holding for him at the Ville while he collects his last paychecks from Seton Hall.
and we will be sitting here with Who Knows What on our roster and quite possibly in really, really bad shape. Can't be said enough how not getting rid of Willard this offseason is going to haunt us for quite a while.

Agreed. Sterling is doing what is best for him like so many other NCAA coaches do. Can't fault him for that. You wish him well and hope our coaches have a Plan Z. I'd rather play for ND and Coach Brey too.

So I guess now Khadeen starts along side IW. This will help Khadeen develop at a faster clip but does not help our team in the long run obviously. Sterling was a tough player at crunch time and now its all on IW and Khadeen to carry this team when we need points. Should be interesting.

The argument could be made that the freshman, particularly IW and to a lesser extent KC and DR, didn't feel like they were empowered to lead last year. And obviously we know who the chemistry issues were between. Not saying we are better without him, but it will be interesting to see how these guys react now that it's "their" team. I'm not the least bit broken up about this.

Reactions: anon_x0d8d0dquuo4t
Now the local beat writers are re-emerging from the woodwork to talk about how bad the locker room situation really was. Great.

I find it weird that he stated he was coming back and all of a sudden he goes back on his word. I wonder if anything else happened recently.

I am sad to see him go but I think it was silly to believe he was staying. If we get a decent third guard, I am OK with our backcourt and running a different offense. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but give the ball to the sophs and show me what you got.

I'm with you! If the decent third guard can play D, even better.

Bingo. Only person too dumb to see it is a soon to be ex-law school dean. Willard is already gone in his own mind. He does not care. It's only those who are dumb enough to support his program next year who will be made to suffer.

Reactions: pirated
I know the Willard bashers will say "it's completely different" but like Aaron Cosby, he will have been in three programs in five years. And, boy, am I getting tired of the daddies. Too bad he didn't go with Sina.

We need players that want to be at Seton Hall, this will be a case of addition by subtraction - because team chemistry is very important for success. We need to bring in a player for one year - 2015 ( possibly Eli Carter), so we can add one or more guards from the 2016 class.

Lots of college students attend multiple schools: one for their undergraduate work, and another for a graduate degree. The only difference with Gibbs is that he had an extra transfer for basketball reasons. The three schools in five years thing is no big deal.

We need players that want to be at Seton Hall, this will be a case of addition by subtraction - because team chemistry is very important for success. We need to bring in a player for one year - 2015 ( possibly Eli Carter), so we can add one or more guards from the 2016 class.
Please don't mention chemistry and eli carter together in a post

Yes, Willard has shown nothing positive to be encouraged about. But, let's examine Gibbs--Texas, Seton Hall, ???, ???, etc. Come on. While he was a solid player, it's easy to blame everyone else for one's own shortcomings.

Yes, Willard has shown nothing positive to be encouraged about. But, let's examine Gibbs--Texas, Seton Hall, ???, ???, etc. Come on. While he was a solid player, it's easy to blame everyone else for one's own shortcomings.

Let's summarize Gibbs college history to end this kind of crap:

Maryland - Committed to Gary Williams and reopened his recruitment after Williams retired (Unheard of, I know)

Texas - Transferred after going to a school halfway across the country where his future playing prospects were uncertain to say the least. (Again, unheard of, I know)

Seton Hall - Left as a graduate student who could play immediately after two years of lackluster results under a coach that he clearly does not like, amongst the bevy of other things.

Enough with citing his road so far as somehow being an indictment of him as a person.

Who cares? It's not like he was our best player or anything.

Wait, he was our best player? Oh crap.

Can't blame him for moving on from this nightmare and hope he lights it up in the tournament wherever he lands.

The entire fan base at UCONN and ND has known that Gibbs was shopping himself around and speaking with their coaching staff about how he would fit in. In my eyes, he didn't want Willard as a coach anymore. And frankly I don't blame him

Reactions: SHUSource
Typical Seton Hall fan bullshit: throw the guy - anyone who isn't around any longer - under the bus. It's always them. But everyone who is still on that roster and staff, well, they're just swell. All great guys.

Idiotic, just completely idiotic. The unwillingness to concede how f*cked this program is right now is incredible. And it goes much deeper than no longer having Sterling Gibbs around.

I know the Willard bashers will say "it's completely different" but like Aaron Cosby, he will have been in three programs in five years. And, boy, am I getting tired of the daddies. Too bad he didn't go with Sina.
Yup, and every single kid is exactly the same, no matter the circumstances or context of their situations. Cosby=Gibbs. Has to; they both transferred twice. Nothing else need be considered at all.

a lot of people knew this was going to happen. what the hell kind of roster do we have. now we get a replacement guard and still will have 3 guards on the roster WHO CAN PLAY. And 5 Centers Del Gado Carter Christensen Anthony and Ajou. What a mess. Willard just cannot recruit let alone a very good PF other than Mobley in his now sixth year. Auda was a combo. I wrote on here 2 weeks ago to contact Bob LEY so you all had your chance. Willard needs to go now. I was recruited by a number of schools and in 1981 Turner Gill was my recruiting host at Nebraska. To this day we are still friends and he was telling me about when he coached Buffalo. He turned the program around and eventually went to Kansas and was fired and now at Liberty. I guess I can say some things here but he told me Bobby Hurley would never come to the Hall. Would not really elaborate. But he told me Buffalo went from d3 school years ago to having a dam 30 000 seat stadium and a great basketball facility. Said the administration really gets it up there and should have stayed. Now he is the HC at Liberty and if you heard what they have planned for the future you would all go kuku. Beautiful cmpus and really want to upgrade football anf basketball while we are stuck on volleyball soccer baseball and softball. no offense to those programs and always wish them well but having certain teams with 100 people at the games does not cut it. But this is SHU. So another year goes by and now our hopes are for 2017. comical. Always looking to the future. Also was told yes the buyout is large but still could be taken care of if the school wanted to. Ive had it

Pretty much sums up my feelings. I wish Gibbs well.

Bingo. Only person too dumb to see it is a soon to be ex-law school dean. Willard is already gone in his own mind. He does not care. It's only those who are dumb enough to support his program next year who will be made to suffer.

I think you are right on all your points. Especially on Hobbs...who came off as a clown on that NJTV interview a couple weeks back.

Willard is a loser. What else can be said?

I'm actually rooting for Sterling to make the tournament. He deserves it after playing for this loser program.

Please stop. We just lost a good kid in Gibbs and you want Eli Carter?! LMAO...that will go well for tea chemistry.

How much is Whitehead regretting coming to play for this tool?

can anyone imagine this? My God we lost 2 not 1 starting guards to transfer in the same year and they both averaged more than 30 minutes a game. Yes Gibbs almost left when Sina did. Locker room not all its cracked up to be. SAD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT