ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland

Those who say he's a good guy get their info from credible sources & the ones who say he's not get their info from the internet.

This just isn’t true. Sorry.
I will say there is one person who has told me of their dealings with Willard and Kevin doesn't come off well.

I have also personally witnessed them have a cordial conversation but I absolutely trust my source when that person tells me his experience with Kevin is less than ideal.

I'm sure we could play this game for every coach we've had going back to at least P.J.

gonzos team were somewhat competitive in a MUCH more difficult big east. and fwiw the nut punch did happen on the court lol.
Might be somewhat of a shock, but Gonzo's record in the big east and Willards record in the big east his first 3 years are both sub 40% with an NIT appearance.

I will say there is one person who has told me of their dealings with Willard and Kevin doesn't come off well.

I have also personally witnessed them have a cordial conversation but I absolutely trust my source when that person tells me his experience with Kevin is less than ideal.

I'm sure we could play this game for every coach we've had going back to at least P.J.
I had a number of run ins with Gonzo in random places. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. All I ever said was coach how's the team looking, or coach you had a tough one last night, or big win coach, and every time he stopped and talk to me like as if I just promised him a million dollars towards the team and another million in duffle bags for players.

One time I had to explain to him I gotta get back to work, he wanted to keep talking. Then you go and read up on what he was like on the job, he sounds like a nut job. I'd bet if I said coach great to see you how about sliding Brian Laing out of the 4 and into his natural position of a 3, I might've seen a different side of him.

Who the hell am I to be telling him how to do his job. So how you choose to talk people matters too.

Reactions: SOpirate
Might be somewhat of a shock, but Gonzo's record in the big east and Willards record in the big east his first 3 years are both sub 40% with an NIT appearance.
its not a shock. as i said, the league was MUCH harder. not even a comparison. im not gonzo fan, i was one of the ones booing him out vs TT

its not a shock. as i said, the league was MUCH harder. not even a comparison. im not gonzo fan, i was one of the ones booing him out vs TT
The league was MUCH harder between 2006-2010 as opposed to 2010-2013? I don't think so. Every bit as eqaul. Maybe even stronger. We had 2 teams win the NCAA tournament on the court in UConn and Louisville during Willards first 3 years.

The league was MUCH harder between 2006-2010 as opposed to 2010-2013? I don't think so. Every bit as eqaul. Maybe even stronger. We had 2 teams win the NCAA tournament on the court in UConn and Louisville during Willards first 3 years.
id say your viewpoint is better served pointing out BE had 11 team bid in 2011. but shu was getting run out of the gym until the league split

id say your viewpoint is better served pointing out BE had 11 team bid in 2011. but shu was getting run out of the gym until the league split
I'm curious what run out of the gym means but I don't think anyone ran us out of the gym year 1 when Hazell was healthy. Year 2 we were an NCAA bubble team not some bottom feeder. Year 3 was abysmal. Then we split.

I'm curious what run out of the gym means but I don't think anyone ran us out of the gym year 1 when Hazell was healthy. Year 2 we were an NCAA bubble team not some bottom feeder. Year 3 was abysmal. Then we split.
year 3 is when gonzos guys left.

year 3 is when gonzos guys left.
So we didn't get run out of the gym the in the MUCH better big east in years 1 and 2?

Year 3 when we lost Auda and had no PG. If you want to give Gonzos guys some credit for not getting us run out of the gym, that's fair. It's more about players than coaches. But you gotta give Gonzo some blame for giving the class of 2010-2012 a bad image of Seton Hall.

Like everyone he is complex. No saint. And no bad guy. We were just a stop for him. Longer than he imagined.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT