ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland

Up 12 with less than 7 minutes to play. Scored 3 points over the last 4 minutes. Gross.

Ugly. Win one of the two and they probably land the No. 2 seed in the Big 10 tournament. Looks like they have tiebreakers over both Indiana and Northwestern.

It's insane that the league might have eight teams with 11 conference wins.

Reactions: Piratz and TomD82
Who’s a boot licker?
I believe some think a boot locker is anyone who recognizes they’re in a great position to make the tournament with multiple top 150 recruits for next year as currently a better position than we are in.

Creighton fan, just dropped by to say 1) thanks for the impressive ass-whooping you guys put on Providence yesterday, and 2) Holloway > KW x100. Once Holloway brings in some scorers, you guys will exceed whatever Maryland does, in conference and in the NCAAT.

I believe some think a boot locker is anyone who recognizes they’re in a great position to make the tournament with multiple top 150 recruits for next year as currently a better position than we are in.
Go on the Maryland board to convince the faithful not to worry because you are gonna “make” the tournament. Let me know how that goes.

I like KW. As of now he’s a top 3 coach in Hall history. Appreciative of his efforts bring this program back to life. Given the choice though, I’d take Sha over willard 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Sha is the type of guy you go to battle for, he’s the guy you want in the foxhole with you. Basketball credentials aside, a man with that type of grit and determination is who I want leading this program.

Reactions: shu09 and TomWall
Go on the Maryland board to convince the faithful not to worry because you are gonna “make” the tournament. Let me know how that goes.
What does that have to do with people calling others boot lickers. Given the choice I’d rather there be in their position than ours today, whether you’re talking record or recruiting. It’s all relative. If we go 5 years without making the dance, people will hope for a 1st round exit. If you make the tournament almost every team has a few games they regret which impacted their seeding. The overwhelming majority always finds the negative. Unless we win the BET it will be missing the tournament 2 out 3 years, that sucks.

Last edited:
I like KW. As of now he’s a top 3 coach in Hall history. Appreciative of his efforts bring this program back to life. Given the choice though, I’d take Sha over willard 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Sha is the type of guy you go to battle for, he’s the guy you want in the foxhole with you. Basketball credentials aside, a man with that type of grit and determination is who I want leading this program.
Only time will tell how he does here you’ll find examples like Willard where people wanted him gone, then he turned the corner. Then you’ll find the opposite end of the spectrum where people loved Ewing initially. Time will tell.

You need the Jimmys and Joes more than X’s and O’s. We need players. Hopefully the portal works for us.

What does that have to do with people calling others boot lickers. Given the choice I’d rather there be in their position than ours today, whether you’re talking record or recruiting. It’s all relative. If we go 5 years without making the dance, people will hope for a 1st round exit. If you make the tournament almost every team has a few games they regret which impacted their seeding. The overwhelming majority always finds the negative. Unless we win the BET it will be missing the tournament 2 out 3 years, that sucks.
Some call other folks "haters" because they pointed out the obvious and then can't take being called "boot lickers". Hypocrisy at its finest.

Some call other folks "haters" because they pointed out the obvious and then can't take being called "boot lickers". Hypocrisy at its finest.
You can acknowlege he's doing a better job without being a boot licker. But when you like to acknowledge every fault as it happens for 13 straight years, the term hater kind of fits.

Look I don't get why this thread was started to congratulate a former coach on a win. But ok here we are. Nobody was licking boots just a general congratulations on a big win. Then as soon as he lost people had to hijack the congratulations thread. That's what happened here.

Reactions: PMB Pirate
I think everyone is in agreement that we wish there had been better postseason results during Kevin’s tenure - as well as better overall consistency - and that the way in which he left fell far short of ideal. That said, it’s pretty off putting in the obvious glee some are taking in every loss they’ve had this season. It’s not exactly a good look for us as a whole - that’s not to say Kevin always came up smelling like roses.…far from it. The man was here for a dozen seasons and had opportunities to leave earlier.

Let’s be honest: even PJ kinda left us high and dry.

It goes without saying there is no requisite to wish him well or cheer for any success at UMD, but actively taking joy in his failings is ugly when the man was instrumental in turning the program around and restoring respectability. It says more about those people than it does about Kevin.

All things considered, he has surpassed expectations in this his first season there, and people are lying to themselves if they say they wouldn’t trade places with UMD’s season.

I think everyone is in agreement that we wish there had been better postseason results during Kevin’s tenure - as well as better overall consistency - and that the way in which he left fell far short of ideal. That said, it’s pretty off putting in the obvious glee some are taking in every loss they’ve had this season. It’s not exactly a good look for us as a whole - that’s not to say Kevin always came up smelling like roses.…far from it. The man was here for a dozen seasons and had opportunities to leave earlier.

It goes without saying there is no requisite to wish him well or cheer for any success at UMD, but actively taking joy in his failings is ugly when the man was instrumental in turning the program around and restoring respectability. It says more about those people than it does about Kevin.

All things considered, he has surpassed expectations in this his first season there, and people are lying to themselves if they say they wouldn’t trade places with UMD’s season.
Well said. Amen.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze

To be fair, PJ left for an NBA gig. I can’t fault anyone for that. Had Willard left for NBA I’d be rooting for him. Leaving for another school when he knew he left the cupboard bare and MAILING IN the last NCAA appearance was unacceptable.

I’d love to see him lose first round and not get an at large then lose first round of NIT

I don’t understand why people complain about Willard posts.

A. This is a message board. It’s here so we can discuss a wide range of topics relating to seton hall basketball.

B. It’s natural to follow the results of a coach who was at your school for 12 years. Especially in his first year on the new job.

C. Just don’t read the thread if you don’t want to hear about Willard.

Interestingly if you go by KenPom at all, this is tied for the best team of Willard’s 16-year career. Maryland is #20, which ties the 2019-20 Seton Hall team. The 2015-16 Seton Hall team finished #26.

Overall they’re having a typical Willard year: 20-11, 11-9 in conference, a good season containing streaky play that results in an NCAA Tournament berth. Not too shabby. Some big wins, some bad losses. But the team he has down there is insanely bipolar with a 10-0 home record in conference play, 1-9 on the road.

I don’t understand why people complain about Willard posts.

A. This is a message board. It’s here so we can discuss a wide range of topics relating to seton hall basketball.

B. It’s natural to follow the results of a coach who was at your school for 12 years. Especially in his first year on the new job.

C. Just don’t read the thread if you don’t want to hear about Willard.
Fair enough. But do the Willard posts all have to be showering love and praise? Are we not allowed to point out the facts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT