ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting tweets

I’m pretty discouraged with our recruiting...at this point, I don’t need to see a top 50 or even a top 100 recruit commit, just please get this done with a top transfer and we can have some confidence going into the offseason

What would SH do without the transfer pool of talent to fill out its roster . This current team had five transfers on its roster , two of which played a major role in our success in Q and Ro. Then you had Molson who didn’t play as he was in his sit out year and Ike and TT. That’s five out of 13 and the roster also had a walk on in Shavar who earned a ship and saw meaningful time .

While I have no problem in filling a need with a transfer I do see the number of transfers that make up your roster important and less reliance on transfers and more success in signing players coming out of HS as a better option.

Last edited:
What would SH do without the transfer pool of talent to fill out its roster . This current team had five transfers on its roster , two of which played a major role in our success in Q and Ro. Then you had Molson who didn’t play as he was in his sit out year and Ike and TT. That’s five out of 13 and the roster also had a walk on in Shavar who earned a ship and saw meaningful time .

While I have no problem in filling a need with a transfer I do see the number of transfers that make up your roster important and less reliance on transfers and more success in signing players coming out of HS as a better option.

I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you as recently as five years ago, but the recruiting game has changed big-time. Transfers have become an essential part of roster building. As long as it’s done strategically and not because the program is a revolving door with people walking out in questionable fashion, it seems a necessity in 2020.

I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you as recently as five years ago, but the recruiting game has changed big-time. Transfers have become an essential part of roster building. As long as it’s done strategically and not because the program is a revolving door with people walking out in questionable fashion, it seems a necessity in 2020.

What concerns me is that if you’re relying on multiple grad transfers every year it’s difficult to build consistency because you have that revolving door with your grad transfers who essentially become nothing more then a one and done.

Reactions: SHUMA04
What concerns me is that if you’re relying on multiple grad transfers every year it’s difficult to build consistency because you have that revolving door with your grad transfers who essentially become nothing more then a one and done.

True... has to be done smartly, especially since it’s kind of proven that grad transfers moving up in conference stature most of the time produce less stat-wise than at their old school. Seton Hall has done well with guys like Gordon and Jones for filling needs and adding intangibles, but not so much in expecting straight production with someone like Polynice.

Udeze played with Brodie at Monteverde. They are very similar type players. Udeze is a 6’8 245 bruiser PF/C who plays in the paint. Seems to have a bit more quickness and scoring ability than DB.

I’m really hoping we can get Sanogo out of HS as our big man to replace Brodie’s spot.

I think you have to get over whether or not a player is coming to us from high school or juco (Ro) or transfer. One of our most successful ‘senior’ classes was a top 100 recruit, reg. transfer, and a juco. Recruiting has to come from every avenue.

We could have another solid one if it’s Mamu, Aiken, and Cale.

I still don't think they get him. I think Texas A&M and Buzz do. Marfo seems like he would be perfect for Anderson though. He would have been a great get for us as well.

Interesting though because Marfo was sought after by pretty much everyone, and he seems to have whittled the list down to big conference-type schools where he can make more of an impact than perhaps being part of a broader rotation at some of the others.

For those who told me St John’s had no shot

I still don't think they get him. I think Texas A&M and Buzz do. Marfo seems like he would be perfect for Anderson though. He would have been a great get for us as well.

Interesting though because Marfo was sought after by pretty much everyone, and he seems to have whittled the list down to big conference-type schools where he can make more of an impact than perhaps being part of a broader rotation at some of the others.

Marfo may be a good player, but whose minutes would he take at SHU?

Reactions: Potbelly407
I think having a guy who seems to have his rebounding and junkyard dog prowess would be helpful. And who doesn’t need the ball to be effective. I’ve said I’m more concerned about the back court so don’t think it is a huge issue if we fail to bring in another banger of some sort, but others disagree with that sentiment.

You were correct. Texas A&M

Reactions: thehall07
Hmm... within an hour of your “maybe not”comment we get a Bryce Aiken related tweet. Is there good news on the horizon?

@Halldan1 dropping subtle hints? .. I guess we’ll see.

Uhhh, let me go ahead and help you out with that. We aren’t getting Aiken or any other recruit we want for that matter. Go on with your day.

I’m missing this one somehow. Did Davis not go JUCO after he committed to us?

But did Davis "decide" to go to JUCO? Or did he not meet admissions standards and therefore "had" to go to JUCO?

The way the StJ fan twitter account portrays Davis' decision, it sounds like Davis committed to SHU but decided it would be better for him to not go to SHU and go to a random JUCO.

But did Davis "decide" to go to JUCO? Or did he not meet admissions standards and therefore "had" to go to JUCO?

The way the StJ fan twitter account portrays Davis' decision, it sounds like Davis committed to SHU but decided it would be better for him to not go to SHU and go to a random JUCO.
He didnt have all qualifying credentials

Maybe the person was trying to be sensitive towards the kid.

Ah I see. I don’t read tweets that closely. Think you are grasping at straws. I mean do you expect someone in a limited character tweet to elaborate on a kid’s academic issues or is it just easier to say he committed one place and went another.

Ah I see. I don’t read tweets that closely. Think you are grasping at straws. I mean do you expect someone in a limited character tweet to elaborate on a kid’s academic issues or is it just easier to say he committed one place and went another.

"ended up going JUCO" would be how I would word it.

Maybe our fan base overreacts at the slightest thing because we have the insecurities of Mets/Jets/Nets and Devils fan combined, lol. Or maybe there isn’t enough going on in the sports world so stuff like this gets seized upon.

Maybe the person was trying to be sensitive towards the kid.

Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT