ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting tweets

Otchere in 17 mins vs The Hall: Zero points (did not take a FGA, 0-2 from the line), two rebounds, four blocks and four fouls.

For the season averaged 2.8 ppg and 5.4 rpg in 17.1 mpg. Shot 54.2% on only 59 FGA and 45.9% on 61 FTA (that's right at 6-11 he took more FTs than FGs). Numbers down slightly from his sophomore year.

Hire a recruiter. Practice facility is a lame excuse.
How can you honestly say that you can walk into our facilities and even Providence’s and say it’s not a factor. I am very familiar with recruitment of D1 athletes and it’s a HUGE deal.

Facilities are an issue, no doubt. But I think it is a workable issue in many respects. Look at St. John's. I don't know anything about what type of facilities they have. But both Lavin and Mullin pulled multiple highly-ranked 4 stars or 5 stars to their program when they were coaching, whether directly from HS or via transfer. Just based on memory, Lavin got Harkless, Dom Pointer, D'Angelo Harrison, Jakar Sampson, Norvell Pelle (who never stepped foot on campus), Rysheed Jordan, Chris Obekpa and others I'm probably missing. Mullin got Ponds, Lovett, Heron, Justin Simon - each of whom I believe was either a highly ranked 4 star or a 5 star. Despite subpar facilities - which I assume they have based on the campus location - they didn't fail because of not being able to recruit talent.

How can you honestly say that you can walk into our facilities and even Providence’s and say it’s not a factor. I am very familiar with recruitment of D1 athletes and it’s a HUGE deal.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I agree. I was being facetious with our current run of recruiting. I have no clue how good he Is hut good for him for promoting himself!

Yes good for him for promoting himself....trust me Skinn would know how good he is, since he’s from his recruiting area. Plus he is class of ‘22 so he still has time.

Reactions: RLNJ13
While it’s a nice story when you see a recruit put SH as a place where he would be comfortable playing that is certainly a plus but only if it’s a player, especially if it’s an immediate eligible transfer with one year of eligibility, who can step in, play key minutes or even start and has Big East talent .

While it’s a nice story when you see a recruit put SH as a place where he would be comfortable playing that is certainly a plus but only if it’s a player, especially if it’s an immediate eligible transfer with one year of eligibility, who can step in, play key minutes or even start and has Big East talent .
If you are talkin about Troutman , I suspect we are one of many who received that message

Any thoughts on Jalen Carey on here, if there are still sit transfers, he might work for us if we also get Aiken but not if he plays right away. Also the cuse to hall thing might be dicey.

My hopes Aiken and Sanogo with only two openings

If three, Noley II looks like a legit nba potential at the 2/3 position bc of size. He is probably better than Burton and Martin but haven't seen enough to rank the 3.

No thank you to Carey
can you elaborate on why? is it bc we recruited him hard and didn't reciprocate? Not as good as his high school rating? He got benched for the coach's son? Or tripped a player while on the bench last year?

can you elaborate on why? is it bc we recruited him hard and didn't reciprocate? Not as good as his high school rating? He got benched for the coach's son? Or tripped a player while on the bench last year?
The nepotism factor isn’t really it: he regressed from his freshman year. He is a combo guard so there was playing time for him at 2 positions for his sophomore year and he was demoted behind two freshman in Girardi and Goodine.

I don’t even care that it’s Syracuse (TT). Some players just don’t work out on a college level and from a lot of accounts by those who’ve watched him he wasn’t that much better against other high school comp. It seems to be the case on the college level.

One last little thing. As Billy Beane has said: “if he’s that good a hitter, why doesn’t he hit good?”

Last edited:
Reactions: HallBall02
The nepotism factor isn’t really it: he regressed from his freshman year. He is a combo guard so there was playing time for him at 2 positions for his sophomore year and he was demoted behind two freshman in Girardi and Goodine.

I don’t even care that it’s Syracuse (TT). Some players just don’t work out on a college level and from a lot of accounts by those who’ve watched him he wasn’t that much better against other high school comp. It seems to be the case on the college level.

One last little thing. As Billy Beane has said: “if he’s that good a hitter, why doesn’t he hit good?”
But he was a top 70 player out of HS!!! How could he have not been a stud

Yet another example of why landing someone top 100 is not as big a deal as some here think

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT